Author Topic: Nun gives birth  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
Re: Nun gives birth
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 02:50:26 AM »
When I was recently out of college (about 83 years ago), I was Asst. Manager of a fast-food place.  A college student asked the manager whether it was possible for her to get pregnant during anal intercourse.

I feel compelled to interject this ... odd as it may seem, it IS possible to get pregnant this way. People have a natural tendency to push the sperm out after the man withdraws. This sperm can then end up in the vagina and cause pregnancy. Chances are small but still significant.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +96/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »
When I was recently out of college (about 83 years ago), I was Asst. Manager of a fast-food place.  A college student asked the manager whether it was possible for her to get pregnant during anal intercourse.

I feel compelled to interject this ... odd as it may seem, it IS possible to get pregnant this way. People have a natural tendency to push the sperm out after the man withdraws. This sperm can then end up in the vagina and cause pregnancy. Chances are small but still significant.

Wow.  While I thank you for the information, I do *not* feel my life significantly enhanced with that knowledge.   :-X
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
That is not exactly the same as getting pregnant as a result of intercourse, but I get your point. I suppose there really are females who never had sex, but got pregnant from making out in a swimming pool or hot tub--that was the story going around back in the day.... :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +55/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
The Science Behind Virgin Births

According to recently released study from North Carolina, in recent years there have been no less than 45 self-reported sexless pregnancies in the US alone. Virgin births—evidently not as unusual as you’d think...It seems utterly ridiculous. But some women have been able to pull it off.

http://news.yahoo.com/science-behind-virgin-births-104500139--politics.html
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz