Author Topic: Don't stop doing what you're doing. [#716]  (Read 718 times)

Offline DL

Don't stop doing what you're doing. [#716]
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:03:24 PM »

I don't know if this message will get to anyone, but I'd like this to go to whoever made that milk jug video.

I want you to know that you have contributed to making my life happier. I lived for too long in a state of denial, and people like you have made me realize there is nothing to fear. No big bully in the sky above me, and no threatening hell after death. I always think of the futility of arguing with theists, but now I think back, I was one too. And if it wasn't for you and people like you, I would still be miserable and close-minded. So if you ever think that you're not changing anything, if you ever think what you're doing isn't worth anything, know that you've helped change my life, and others lives for the better.

Thank you so much,
[name]

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: Don't stop doing what you're doing. [#716]
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »
That is so cool.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:31:42 AM »
That's great to hear!  That's what this site and the videos is all for.  If you would like to talk, feel free to register an account in the forums.