Author Topic: What is The Word?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: What is The Word?
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »
Watching TV and going online is all I am capable of doing these days. I am looking to seeing all the Beyond the wormhole programs. I find them quite entertaining and helps me pass the time until the big day. Thanks for the advice but it is really too late to start going to the Library. Isn't everything online these days?

Well that is a shame that you are not capable of visiting a library.   I say it's a shame because there is a lot of valuable knowledge to be found in a library.

I'll try to come up with a list of youtube videos you can watch which will provide you with a much better understanding of physics and science than any mainstream TV program (like "Through the Wormhole") can.

As for other online sources, the following are helpful:

http://tap.iop.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_physics

Wikipedia is generally useful since those editing the articles are interested in representing the sciences accurately and there are plenty of sources linked at the bottom of the wiki articles.

I have a feeling you might be more interested in watching a video (I often prefer video's too), so I'll try to find some video's that go into the details a little more.
Thanks. Will be occupied for a awhile.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »

It is called "thinking outside the box".

A lot of theists do. Said box is labled; "reality"
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +92/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
Riled up people are riled up for a reason - perhaps lost their cool - insecurity. I get riled up when the authorities do not protect the weak. IMO they are not doing their job accurately but cherry picking with their belief system.

Some posters on here get pretty riled up by my posts. The negative karma is high for only one reason. I hold none of this riling up as important for my persona. It seems it is more for your website. If I had said the same things on a say christian web site I might be applauded and have a high good Karma. Would that make me a better person? I doubt it.  Maybe the moderation or administration is skewed in favor of a christian site where it is acceptable or in an atheist website where it is skewed. There is one post on this thread that has indicated same.

I have given you 2 negative karma's.  The first because you failed to provide a source for your claims in regards to physics (something that should be very easy to do if the claim is true).  The second may or may not have been a mistake on my part so I also gave a positive karma.

Of course the karma system doesn't really prove anything one way or the other.  From my perspective it is a tool, to inform others what you think about their post and give a brief reason why (without having to post a reply).  This can be useful in avoiding having too many short reply's which don't add a whole lot to the conversation.  It can also be useful to gauage what others think of your posts and why.

So I'm curious, what do you think it is about your posts that riles people up?

"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
I do not know "this" hence the thread.
But if we did - then with such power we would heal amputees. "The WORD made flesh"

Dude, your communication skills are killing me.  Little you have said is clear.  This is inherently a difficult medium for communication, so you really need to put in a lot of effort to be clear.

Regarding the quote above, you phrased the statement as if it were a conclusion, but it seems to be more tentative than that.   Why would you think your statement is true?  What evidence would support or negate it?  I'm not staking out a position on it.  I'm just walking through the reasoning.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
Riled up people are riled up for a reason - perhaps lost their cool - insecurity. I get riled up when the authorities do not protect the weak. IMO they are not doing their job accurately but cherry picking with their belief system.

Some posters on here get pretty riled up by my posts. The negative karma is high for only one reason. I hold none of this riling up as important for my persona. It seems it is more for your website. If I had said the same things on a say christian web site I might be applauded and have a high good Karma. Would that make me a better person? I doubt it.  Maybe the moderation or administration is skewed in favor of a christian site where it is acceptable or in an atheist website where it is skewed. There is one post on this thread that has indicated same.

I have given you 2 negative karma's.  The first because you failed to provide a source for your claims in regards to physics (something that should be very easy to do if the claim is true).  The second may or may not have been a mistake on my part so I also gave a positive karma.

Of course the karma system doesn't really prove anything one way or the other.  From my perspective it is a tool, to inform others what you think about their post and give a brief reason why (without having to post a reply).  This can be useful in avoiding having too many short reply's which don't add a whole lot to the conversation.  It can also be useful to gauage what others think of your posts and why.

So I'm curious, what do you think it is about your posts that riles people up?
Yes but you have not given me any positive ones for enduring the barrage of deceptive answers or non answers to the two simple foundation questions of religious people.
What is life? on previous thread
What is the Word? on this one. Who is really doing the dodging is quite clear really. And the negative rhetoric is plain to see.

Nothing in those websites on that yet. Good read though still at it.
If you or anyone else have a web site that actually "Tells me the answers to the questions above then my thinking outside the box still holds better than your nothing. And I cannot even make a descent sentence. But look at the problems it has generated for you.

Will be waiting for the intelligence to flow and when the mods and Admins get their act together and help answer correctly rather than back up their own agenda.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
I do not know "this" hence the thread.
But if we did - then with such power we would heal amputees. "The WORD made flesh"

Dude, your communication skills are killing me.  Little you have said is clear.  This is inherently a difficult medium for communication, so you really need to put in a lot of effort to be clear.

Regarding the quote above, you phrased the statement as if it were a conclusion, but it seems to be more tentative than that.   Why would you think your statement is true?  What evidence would support or negate it?  I'm not staking out a position on it.  I'm just walking through the reasoning.
Because all the theists Nanak. Buddha, Mahavira Zoroaster Krishna say the same thing. If that was part of their science and we understood what it was then we can call them scientists of the Self (Persona) and of Is source God. They all support a highly moral ethical life in order to know.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2014, 01:22:40 PM »
Yes but you have not given me any positive ones for enduring the barrage of deceptive answers or non answers to the two simple foundation questions of religious people.

You're kidding, right? I've read all kinds of English vernacular but yours is so nonsensical I wonder if you make sense even to you? How can people answer your questions when they don't know if they're even questions? How can people be deceiving you when no one understands anything you're saying?

I don't know if English is your primary language, and if it is: you seriously need to go back to school and pay attention to proper sentence structure.

Discussions in other topics have nothing to do with topics on this one.

What is the Word? on this one. Who is really doing the dodging is quite clear really. And the negative rhetoric is plain to see.

People gave you answers based upon your cryptic English. Plenty of answers given. You dismiss them therefore no one has answered your question? Please...that's what is called rhetoric.

If you or anyone else have a web site that actually "Tells me the answers to the questions above then my thinking outside the box still holds better than your nothing. And I cannot even make a descent sentence. But look at the problems it has generated for you.

The only problem we have is attempting to understand everything you say.

Will be waiting for the intelligence to flow and when the mods and Admins get their act together and help answer correctly rather than back up their own agenda.

What does the administration have to do with answering your questions? Unless it has to do with rules being broken (which you have done more than once), they don't have to answer your gibberish.

If you're looking for answers to agree with you, this isn't the place unless what you say is actually logical and/or intelligent--and I see none of that from anything you've said.

-Nam
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:27:39 PM by Nam »
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »

It is called "thinking outside the box".

A lot of theists do. Said box is labled; "reality"
Science demands we think outside the box. It is the building blocks of science. Do you know any scientists that did not? (Karma point or is that cookie)
Without it we have belief and dogma. Whihc is therefore the foundation of yur belief(2 karma points)
Maybe you cannot see that or proves my point. (3 karma points)

You apparently do not know but criticizes and prevents other people from thinking outside the box which is unscientific and unhelpful.(4 karma points).

Surely the mods and admins should have moderated your posts ages ago unless they also support this dogma. Or is it the first tie that it could be explained to all? Maybe I am not that stupid as you claim me to be. Maybe it is your boxed mentality? (5 karma points)

Now that you know better. Would you stop people from thinking outside the box and encourage it for the sake of science?
Bow
Any plus karma points for this from any intelligent outside the box promoters?

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
You've been unable to demonstrate that you understand the questions you are asking.  It is difficult to distinguish your questions from words randomly picked from a hat.

If you or anyone else have a web site that actually "Tells me the answers to the questions above then my thinking outside the box still holds better than your nothing.
http://wisdomofchopra.com

And I cannot even make a descent sentence. But look at the problems it has generated for you.
Yes.  Look at the problems your inability to create a decent sentence has generated for us.

GIGO
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +92/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »

Unfortunately, the correct answer isn't always the one we like.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Because all the theists Nanak. Buddha, Mahavira Zoroaster Krishna say the same thing. If that was part of their science and we understood what it was then we can call them scientists of the Self (Persona) and of Is source God. They all support a highly moral ethical life in order to know.

This is not entirely untrue.  In ancient societies, the clergy served a variety of roles.  They were often the scientists, the healers, and the philosophers.  They considered issues of morality, and sometimes even had governmental roles.

We as a species have progressed.  We have a much more sophisticated understanding of science and the natural world.  We have exponentially more techniques for treating and healing illnesses and injuries.  And many of us live in secular societies that have created systems of law, that regulate, among other things, killing, stealing, cheating, etc.

However, it is really absurd to cling to the ancient explanations of the origins of life or origins of the planet or the universe, that were created by folks who didn't even know they lived on a globe. 

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »

This is not entirely untrue.  In ancient societies, the clergy served a variety of roles.  They were often the scientists, the healers, and the philosophers.  They considered issues of morality, and sometimes even had governmental roles.

We as a species have progressed.  We have a much more sophisticated understanding of science and the natural world.  We have exponentially more techniques for treating and healing illnesses and injuries.  And many of us live in secular societies that have created systems of law, that regulate, among other things, killing, stealing, cheating, etc.

However, it is really absurd to cling to the ancient explanations of the origins of life or origins of the planet or the universe, that were created by folks who didn't even know they lived on a globe.

I personally find Sam Harris's views on this compelling: Religion is essentially a failed science. He states that "religion was the discourse we had when all causes in the universe were opaque" such that religion developed as a consequence of humans' "cognitive imperative" to seek explanations coupled with an earlier obliviousness to the natural order of the environment.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »

I personally find Sam Harris's views on this compelling: Religion is essentially a failed science. He states that "religion was the discourse we had when all causes in the universe were opaque" such that religion developed as a consequence of humans' "cognitive imperative" to seek explanations coupled with an earlier obliviousness to the natural order of the environment.

Interesting.  I'm not sure that I completely agree.  Perhaps the monotheistic religions did not contribute significantly to scientific advancement,[1] but I think that many religion served as the catalyst for great scientific experiment and discovery. 

Stonehenge is a feat of engineering and astronomy.  The design and construction of pyramids at Giza certainly demanded an understanding of mathematics and engineering.  The ancient Mayan priests studied the movement of the bodies in the night sky for generations, and accurately predicted celestial events thousands of years into the future. 

Most religions have protocols for cleanliness, which were created and enforced in an era in which no one knew of the existence of bacteria.  But somehow, someone in the ancient world noticed that unclean hands or kitchens resulted in more illnesses, and decided that their deities were more happy when folks washed their hands before dinner. 

And all over the ancient world, shamans and priests and healers learned which local plants clotted blood on an open wound, and which plants numbed pain.

Perhaps the earliest scientists abbreviated what we now accept as the scientific method.  But they used the resources available to them.  And in many cases, these scientists were either clergy, or they were acting to promote the dominant religion of the culture. 
 1. and at various points in history actually worked against science in order to perpetuate their beloved myths

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »
You're kidding, right? I've read all kinds of English vernacular but yours is so nonsensical I wonder if you make sense even to you? How can people answer your questions when they don't know if they're even questions? How can people be deceiving you when no one understands anything you're saying?
Not kidding
You seem to be understanding me very well. With the critques I have had I am sure my sentences are skewed. The Bible or other religious books might have also been written like this. Could that be true?

I don't know if English is your primary language, and if it is: you seriously need to go back to school and pay attention to proper sentence structure.
It isn't my primary language - not that I am any good in my first either. Going back to school is not an option at this age. I was thinking of photography or drawing, but I am a little blind too with age - it does not stop me from asking a question and getting some answers that are irrelevant. Does it?
Do I need it to ask what do you think the bible auther means as he wrote in English "In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God"? Is English written and is the auther maybe the reason I cannot get an answer is because he cannot speak English or you cannot understand it? What does it mean Mr English expert?

Discussions in other topics have nothing to do with topics on this one.
I agree, but I was making it a point that it was a simple 3 words question and no one answered it.
That instead of addressing my question I was chastised for not answering their questions by the Mods and Admins - rather than having mine answered by the mods and admins who would be able to set an example on how it is done. You cannot answer a question with a question or can you? That is a dodge. Yet no one chastised any one else. Green or Red words. Giving myself karma points. Sounds like a cover up.

People gave you answers based upon your cryptic English. Plenty of answers given. You dismiss them therefore no one has answered your question? Please...that's what is called rhetoric.
They have given answers it should not be in greed and deleted if there was equality. That I was not answering. I could say you are not answering.

There is a lot of answering taking place  and not getting an answers going on all the time.  Most posters are doing that but I don't get off the moderation and karma points fo doing the same do I? No Equality. 
If they answered truthfully then where is it? 
Where is the answer to the questions "What is The WORD" or "What is Life"? - If you say they did answered my question. Quote it! And tell  me it is right. And why you accept it as true.

IMHO The mods and admins deliberately deleted my answers for a reason but do not delete other posters answers which does not make sense to me unless it is agenda driven.  Bullying is what they have done perhaps because of "Dogma" and "Belief" that they already know theists are wrong. A form of Stifled inside the box thinking over a schooled period of time in negative agendas.! At least I am saying what I am thinking which is outside the box and quite normal and human to do. Sounds very humane and scientific to me?

What does the administration have to do with answering your questions? Unless it has to do with rules being broken (which you have done more than once), they don't have to answer your gibberish.
I am seeking equality --- equality would be fine. Truth would also be great but none of the mods seem to have any of these answers to my questions or qualities in their nature.
Theological wisdom or Scientific methodological understanding does require the authority to have these at least for us to progress.

Humanism is based on understanding the need for equality in freedom of speech and the training of the child humanity through compassion. These are still the theists moral high ground.

IMO Rather than say "you are talking out of your ass" which is a negative input (inhumane ) one could have answered the question showing us all how it is done. 

Instead of being the instigator of negative karma a mod, admin or a reader should be a force for more understanding of the need for humanity in their rhetoric and seeking from their posts more positive outcomes. My questions are clear. As the Rules demand. Moderation should be easy if the moderator has a positive persona with positive solutions we will all get along fine.  If the top is bad how can there be truth found where peace blossoms inside the box? Why when the box inhabitants are challenged they seems so unwilling and rigid to look beyond it?

If you're looking for answers to agree with you, this isn't the place unless what you say is actually logical and/or intelligent--and I see none of that from anything you've said.
-Nam
I am not expecting you to agree with me just like I would not expect me to agree with you. So long as we understand that it should be plain sailing. Thinking outside the box is for great thinkers, scientists, philosophers, theists who find solutions to complex problems and helps humanity move from one step to the other in its humane evolution. But thinking inside the box is for the captured.

Do you know any scientists that think inside the box?

Surely you understand what I am trying to say...  Be nice if you want others to be nice to you.
Scientists say there are laws in matter.
Law: "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" .
Theists say something similar at their are laws that govern our evolving humanity: 
"Treat others as you would have them treat you".
"If you live by the sword you will die by the sword"

If you know say you know "Thou shall not lie"
If you do not say you do not. Do not lie to me.
That makes us humans becoming more humane for a reason. Peace

I am thinking Theists and Scientists have an ability of thinking outside the box better than the rest of us by their persona or nature. Something we atheists or claiming to be scientists do not seem to have developed very well.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2014, 07:17:52 PM »

NB: Theists know -- The Clergy philosophers Scientists of their age did not and that is a whole different ball game. That is what we do now. Not much different from then.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
You've been unable to demonstrate that you understand the questions you are asking.  It is difficult to distinguish your questions from words randomly picked from a hat.

If you or anyone else have a web site that actually "Tells me the answers to the questions above then my thinking outside the box still holds better than your nothing.
http://wisdomofchopra.com

And I cannot even make a descent sentence. But look at the problems it has generated for you.
Yes.  Look at the problems your inability to create a decent sentence has generated for us.

GIGO
You said Frequency - You understood my question.
I responded Frequencies.
The rest was hogwash for want of a better word. There was no need for any of it be it in good or bad English.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
Because all the theists Nanak. Buddha, Mahavira Zoroaster Krishna say the same thing.

1. What same thing do you think they say?  Because I know most of them and they say very, very different things.  Did you know they are all hindus or come from a hindu tradition?[1]  So if they say similar things, that is probably because they have the same tradition. 

2. the hindu guys had no impact on xianity or the bible.  Nanak didn't come along until almost 16 centuries after jesus H.  So no one on that list has any idea what the Word is.  The only possible exception is zoroaster.  While the jews were in their babylonian exile, they were probably exposed to zoroastrianism and some of its ideas possibly were assimilated into the new torah they took back to judah.

3. I think you've lost the thread of our conversation.  You said:
If we knew what the WORD was or is because of its great creative power to have created everything then we too can heal amputees.

I asked how you know this is true.   

1. except zoroaster
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »

Not kidding
You seem to be understanding me very well. With the critques I have had I am sure my sentences are skewed. The Bible or other religious books might have also been written like this. Could that be true?

I understand some of what you say, not all. It is not coherent. Now, English not being your primary language I was going to suggest just speaking in your native tongue then either those here who speak that language could translate for you or we could use an online translator but since you state you're just as bad in your native tongue perhaps you should only ask one question and not ask additional ones as you comment.

Do I need it to ask what do you think the bible auther means as he wrote in English "In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God"? Is English written and is the auther maybe the reason I cannot get an answer is because he cannot speak English or you cannot understand it? What does it mean Mr English expert?

This is not what you need to do: ask more questions when seeking specific answers to questions you say have not been answered. Also, I am not an expert of English, however, especially in a discussion forum, I try to be articulate as possible. You should try the same.

I agree, but I was making it a point that it was a simple 3 words question and no one answered it.
That instead of addressing my question I was chastised for not answering their questions by the Mods and Admins - rather than having mine answered by the mods and admins who would be able to set an example on how it is done. You cannot answer a question with a question or can you? That is a dodge. Yet no one chastised any one else. Green or Red words. Giving myself karma points. Sounds like a cover up.

Wrong. Your question was answered to the best of the ability of those who could discern what you asked. You didn't like the answers thus your attitude.

They have given answers it should not be in greed and deleted if there was equality. That I was not answering. I could say you are not answering.

First part: makes no sense. Second part: only because you think so not because it's so.

There is a lot of answering taking place  and not getting an answers going on all the time.  Most posters are doing that but I don't get off the moderation and karma points fo doing the same do I? No Equality. 
Where is the answer to the questions "What is The WORD" or "What is Life"? - If you say they did answered my question. Quote it! And tell  me it is right. And why you accept it as true.

IMHO The mods and admins deliberately deleted my answers for a reason but do not delete other posters answers which does not make sense to me unless it is agenda driven.  Bullying is what they have done perhaps because of "Dogma" and "Belief" that they already know theists are wrong. A form of Stifled inside the box thinking over a schooled period of time in negative agendas.! At least I am saying what I am thinking which is outside the box and quite normal and human to do. Sounds very humane and scientific to me?

Karma is an elective choice people can use to applaud or smite what people say; it has no real bearing on anything. You came in thinking what you want, and that's all you're ever going to think. Period. We don't answer your questions the way you want them answered then we're not up to the expectations you set coming in. That's not our problem. It's yours. No one is here to make you look bad; you're doing that all on your own.

You are not treated unequally here. Everyone is treated the same.

-Nam

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

Unfortunately, the correct answer isn't always the one we like.
However true that may appear to be - it is only the true answer that will stand the test of time.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »
However true that may appear to be - it is only the true answer that will stand the test of time.

I suggest you read up on Ad populumWiki, which is what you're suggesting. Long story short, people believing in something doesn't make it true. You have to look at the evidence, and the evidence in this case says "there are no gods".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2014, 08:45:13 PM »
Because all the theists Nanak. Buddha, Mahavira Zoroaster Krishna say the same thing.

1. What same thing do you think they say?  Because I know most of them and they say very, very different things.  Did you know they are all hindus or come from a hindu tradition? except zoroaster .  So if they say similar things, that is probably because they have the same tradition.
a. The word is the creative power.
b. I did not know they were all Hindus - What is the Science behind this deduction. Same Father?
c. Zoroaster still claimed that there is a creator God.

2. the hindu guys had no impact on xianity or the bible. 
We understand Karma better now.

Nanak didn't come along until almost 16 centuries after jesus H.  So no one on that list has any idea what the Word is.
He did call it Shabda.

The only possible exception is zoroaster.  While the jews were in their babylonian exile, they were probably exposed to zoroastrianism and some of its ideas possibly were assimilated into the new torah they took back to judah.
Zoroaster called it Sraosha.

3. I think you've lost the thread of our conversation.  You said:
 If we knew what the WORD was or is because of its great creative power to have created everything then we too can heal amputees.
Yes if we did and?

I asked how you know this is true.
I said "If we knew what the WORD was" we could heal amputees. If we did know then we would be no different than God because the Word is now with us just like it was with God. Thanks for ASKING. How is that loosing the site of the thread? The word is the creative power of God.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:52:42 PM by Jesuis »

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2014, 09:03:29 PM »

I suggest you read up on Ad populumWiki, which is what you're suggesting. Long story short, people believing in something doesn't make it true. You have to look at the evidence, and the evidence in this case says "there are no gods".
I said only the truth can be the truth provided it can stand the test of time. Can any scientist make a theory and say it is true? A theory being Ad populum? Evolution, Big Bang etc by your definition?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
Not kidding

I understand some of what you say, not all. It is not coherent. Now, English not being your primary language I was going to suggest just speaking in your native tongue then either those here who speak that language could translate for you or we could use an online translator but since you state you're just as bad in your native tongue perhaps you should only ask one question and not ask additional ones as you comment.

This is not what you need to do: ask more questions when seeking specific answers to questions you say have not been answered. Also, I am not an expert of English, however, especially in a discussion forum, I try to be articulate as possible. You should try the same.

Wrong. Your question was answered to the best of the ability of those who could discern what you asked. You didn't like the answers thus your attitude.

First part: makes no sense. Second part: only because you think so not because it's so.

Karma is an elective choice people can use to applaud or smite what people say; it has no real bearing on anything. You came in thinking what you want, and that's all you're ever going to think. Period. We don't answer your questions the way you want them answered then we're not up to the expectations you set coming in. That's not our problem. It's yours. No one is here to make you look bad; you're doing that all on your own.

You are not treated unequally here. Everyone is treated the same.

-Nam
Thanks
Will Try
I have not seen one post that says what the word is. Normally it would look like this "The word is --- "

But you have not seen my moderation messages and I do know when the balance of the force is skewed in favour of another. The don't get cocky with me sunshine is in the messages.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
Here you go: the word is a word. Nothing more. That's all words are. They sometimes only have one general definition, sometimes more but at the end of the day: they are just words. Words only have meaning and/or power that an individual gives them. Period.

-Nam

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
Here you go: the word is a word. Nothing more. That's all words are. They sometimes only have one general definition, sometimes more but at the end of the day: they are just words. Words only have meaning and/or power that an individual gives them. Period.
-Nam
Cryptic - Yes! Coded -Maybe! Various Meanings - Yes! But meaningless I doubt it.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
Cryptic - Yes! Coded -Maybe! Various Meanings - Yes! But meaningless I doubt it.

A word by definition is a man made construct, how powerful, or how meaning the word it, is determined by man.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »

A word by definition is a man made construct, how powerful, or how meaning the word it, is determined by man.
There is no word that does not have a meaning even if the word is the WORD.

It was probably placed there knowing how easy it was for the intellectuals to glaze over it as they focused on the other word next to it "God".

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2014, 11:27:06 PM »

What is the "word"?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »

What is the "word"?
That is the right question. I asked it first tho? Wisdom dawns!