• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Yo
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:05:53 PM »
 :police:
I am here to terrorize Japan! ROARRR!
  :laugh:
Anyway, I am very happy to be here, anyway, I have always had doubts about my (Roman Catholic) faith, until May this year when I realized I was wrong on gay marriage, when I realized I was Bi. By July, I became an atheist.
Anyway, I am a pro life Republican.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:18:56 PM by godzilla »

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Yo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:06:06 PM »
Welcome godzilla. Though you will run into some opposition on abortion, and be teased about being republican, I nonetheless welcome you.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »
Thanks!
Any Godzilla fans at least?

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
Thanks!
Any Godzilla fans at least?

I'm not fond of old monster movies, but what little I've seen of the new movie looks awesome.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
It's my most anticipated film for this year!
I love monster movies!

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:54:20 AM »
Welcome.

I think Mothra will want a word with you.   :P
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 01:05:51 AM »
Welcome.

I think Mothra will want a word with you.   :P

Gamera will eat Mothra up!

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 01:08:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum, godzilla. Another kaiju geek here; I remember being terrified by the Big Guy's titular opponent in Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster.

Interesting to have a pro-life atheist here, though I don't think you're the only one. I'm pro-choice myself, but having a diverse group is better for avoiding echo-chamber syndrome.

Edit: pro-life, not pro-choice, d' oh! Thanks, Nam.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:29:09 AM by wright »
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum, godzilla. Another kaiju geek here; I remember being terrified by the Big Guy's titular opponent in Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster.

Interesting to have a pro-choice atheist here, though I don't think you're the only one. I'm pro-choice myself, but having a diverse group is better for avoiding echo-chamber syndrome.

He's "pro-life" not "pro-choice". He doesn't believe in women having rights. He's a good Republican. ;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Hyperintelligent Orangutan
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
Gojiraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Welcome, my kaiju themed friend. Whats your favorite old-school-rubber-suit monster flick? Are you a Heisei or a Showa era fan? Or are you one of those millennium loving heathens? :laugh:

I look forward to hearing your opinions on the abortion question. Pro life isn't a very popular position among the non-religious.

The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:21:37 AM »
Y'all are no match for:

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
Lol!
Anyway, my favorite Godzilla movies are the original, Godzilla 1998, Godzilla 2000, Son of Godzilla was near haha, I like King Kong Vs Godzilla, except for the ending. I remember really liking Godzilla vs the Sea Monster as well.

Anyway, note that I have nothing against first trimester abortions.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
Gojiraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Welcome, my kaiju themed friend. Whats your favorite old-school-rubber-suit monster flick? Are you a Heisei or a Showa era fan? Or are you one of those millennium loving heathens? :laugh:

I look forward to hearing your opinions on the abortion question. Pro life isn't a very popular position among the non-religious.

This is the problem with the term "pro-life", it's mainly read as "anti-life" when in concern to those who are "pro-choice".

-Nam

Offline Shaffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Im A Realist ;)
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
Wekcome!
We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it.

~ParkingPlaces

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Hyperintelligent Orangutan
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »
Lol!
Anyway, my favorite Godzilla movies are the original, Godzilla 1998, Godzilla 2000, Son of Godzilla was near haha, I like King Kong Vs Godzilla, except for the ending. I remember really liking Godzilla vs the Sea Monster as well.

Oooooh! I must have watched Godzilla vs the sea monster about 100 times when I was a wee little one. Good choice.

My favorite was Godzilla 1985. Old Raymond Burr was awesome!
The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »
welcome, godzilla.  Oh, I have a godzilla story for you...

In August 2013 a t GenCon (if you don't know, that's the annual gaming convention in Indianapolis, started by Gary Gygax in his basement in Geneva, Indiana back in the 70's I believe), I attended "Tracy Hickman's Killer Breakfast."  What this is, is improv comedy.  Hickman takes 8 folks at a time, sits them in front of the audience with a puny character, and asks where everyone's character comes from and why their character is here.   Then, he sets a scenario ("You're all in the Shire, and drow elves start pouring out of hobbit holes, killing the halflings.  What do you do?") to which all participants reply their actions.  They typical response from Hickman is "XYZ happens, and you all die.  Good bye...next 8 please"  and so it goes for about 90 minutes.  The ostensible "object" is to survive as long as you can.

It's really funny.  Sometimes folks are well prepared; for example, there was one dude dressed as a Jedi, with a book entitled "Star Wars by William Shakespeare" and he went into a soliloquy from Shakespeare (forget which play) infused with Star Wars stuff.  It was hilarious.

but not the highlight of the show...

At one point, a clearly Asian gent sits down, and puts a recording/playback device in front of himself.  When Hickman asks him "who are you, and what are you doing here?"  the guy reads Japanese off a paper.  meanwhile, two cohorts run behind him with a banner reading "I came from Japan to escape all the monsters!"

hahaha, funny!  but there's SO MUCH more...

Hickman then goes to the group with teh next piece of the scenario (which escapes me for the moment).  when he gets to our Asian friend, the guy says (again, reading in Japanese and "subtitled" with a running banner) "Oh no, here comes Godzilla!"  An d a dude dressed as Godzilla comes out while the panel member hits the playback device with the Godzilla roar.  Ohter guys come out wiht trees, buildings, and a cutout of G's breath weapon while the suited dude stomps around.

Then, the guy says "I'll summon the Twin Faries (or something) to get Mothra to help us!"  and a guy and a girl, dressed as th eteeny chicks, come out to sing the "I summon Mothra" song.  Then Mothra appears (it's a guy with a big moth on a sitck) to fight Big G, with silly stirng and everything.

After several moments of banners, monster combat, silly string, and other hilarity, here comes the punchline: (remember, the object is to survive without hickman killing you as long as you can)

"Surely no one else will die this day!"

Sorry to say, he still died.

PS--My favorite was Godzilla on Monster Island (I think that's what it was called; all the monsters ganged up on Monster Zero/King Ghidorah)

Edit: Nope, it was "Destroy All Monsters"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:20:39 AM by Boots »
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »
Lol!

Oooooh! I must have watched Godzilla vs the sea monster about 100 times when I was a wee little one. Good choice.

My favorite was Godzilla 1985. Old Raymond Burr was awesome!
I have always wanted to see that 1980'a Godzilla movie!

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »
welcome, godzilla.  Oh, I have a godzilla story for you...

In August 2013 a t GenCon (if you don't know, that's the annual gaming convention in Indianapolis, started by Gary Gygax in his basement in Geneva, Indiana back in the 70's I believe), I attended "Tracy Hickman's Killer Breakfast."  What this is, is improv comedy.  Hickman takes 8 folks at a time, sits them in front of the audience with a puny character, and asks where everyone's character comes from and why their character is here.   Then, he sets a scenario ("You're all in the Shire, and drow elves start pouring out of hobbit holes, killing the halflings.  What do you do?") to which all participants reply their actions.  They typical response from Hickman is "XYZ happens, and you all die.  Good bye...next 8 please"  and so it goes for about 90 minutes.  The ostensible "object" is to survive as long as you can.

It's really funny.  Sometimes folks are well prepared; for example, there was one dude dressed as a Jedi, with a book entitled "Star Wars by William Shakespeare" and he went into a soliloquy from Shakespeare (forget which play) infused with Star Wars stuff.  It was hilarious.

but not the highlight of the show...

At one point, a clearly Asian gent sits down, and puts a recording/playback device in front of himself.  When Hickman asks him "who are you, and what are you doing here?"  the guy reads Japanese off a paper.  meanwhile, two cohorts run behind him with a banner reading "I came from Japan to escape all the monsters!"

hahaha, funny!  but there's SO MUCH more...

Hickman then goes to the group with teh next piece of the scenario (which escapes me for the moment).  when he gets to our Asian friend, the guy says (again, reading in Japanese and "subtitled" with a running banner) "Oh no, here comes Godzilla!"  An d a dude dressed as Godzilla comes out while the panel member hits the playback device with the Godzilla roar.  Ohter guys come out wiht trees, buildings, and a cutout of G's breath weapon while the suited dude stomps around.

Then, the guy says "I'll summon the Twin Faries (or something) to get Mothra to help us!"  and a guy and a girl, dressed as th eteeny chicks, come out to sing the "I summon Mothra" song.  Then Mothra appears (it's a guy with a big moth on a sitck) to fight Big G, with silly stirng and everything.

After several moments of banners, monster combat, silly string, and other hilarity, here comes the punchline: (remember, the object is to survive without hickman killing you as long as you can)

"Surely no one else will die this day!"

Sorry to say, he still died.

PS--My favorite was Godzilla on Monster Island (I think that's what it was called; all the monsters ganged up on Monster Zero/King Ghidorah)

Edit: Nope, it was "Destroy All Monsters"
Lucky!!!
Anyway, thanks everyone for the welcome!

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 03:29:54 AM »
A godless radioactive anti-choice bisexual gay-friendly republican city busting monster ... we haven't had many of those around, this could get fun!

Welcome godzilla!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
To be honest I have no idea what this thread is about, but I need three sensible posts. So this is me being honest.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 11:27:17 PM »
To be honest I have no idea what this thread is about, but I need three sensible posts. So this is me being honest.

I can only assume 3 posts, then you will post some ridiculous thread, get owned, then leave?

That, or you don't get what the 3 post rule is for...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
I truly believe that Godzilla moves are best enjoyed with a human and two robot puppets mocking them.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
I truly believe that Godzilla moves are best enjoyed with a human and two robot puppets mocking them.

"In the not-too-distant future (next Sunday A.D)..."

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +347/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »

So...Joel or Mike?  Ginger or Mary Ann?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »

So...Joel or Mike?  Ginger or Mary Ann?

Joel is a bit better than Mike, except the KTMA season and some of early season one. So Joel at his worst is not as good as Mike at his average, but discounting KTMA season "zero," Joel just has a better batting average. And of the Mads' assistants: TV's Frank.

And Ginger...Ginger all the way.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
So...Joel or Mike?

Joel.  Mike was perfect for bit-spots, like the Gamera song played by the oily lounge singer in "Gamera vs. Guiron" but Joel is simply more believable and genuine overall.

Ginger or Mary Ann?

yes

Offline godzilla

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »
Here is a great quote from one of my favorite presidents, Thomas Jefferson.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.