Author Topic: The Flood and Boats  (Read 397 times)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
The Flood and Boats
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
Creationists - leading on from a post by Chronos that mentioned Noah's Ark; if this actually did happen, why didn't people just climb into other boats?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Flood and Boats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:49:09 PM »
Creationists - leading on from a post by Chronos that mentioned Noah's Ark; if this actually did happen, why didn't people just climb into other boats?

Because the Ark was the first boat. Duh.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline harbinger77

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:17:46 AM »

I'll bite... Pure speculation here..
short answer: who said they didn't?
let me tell a story using the txt in question. :)

Gen ch 6
5 The LORD observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil.

8 But Noah found favor with the LORD.

9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person
living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.

11 Now God saw that the earth had become corrupt and was filled with violence.
12 God observed all this corruption in the world, for everyone on earth was corrupt.

I think it's safe to say Noah and his family were the only "Christians" (for lack of better term and to illustrate the point)
IF the one and only Christian family on the planet started building an Ark, gathering animals and supplies, all while preaching about some flood their God was sending....
what would you think of them? would you get ready? (Are you getting ready for Armageddon?)

THEN 100 years go by not a drop of rain. At least not a flood. 10 more years. Still building still preparing, still preaching and nothing. another 10 years same story. It's been 120 years and finally the only Christian family on earth is sealed into the Ark.
Did you and the family take the dude for a nut?
Did you party a bit because you don't have to hear that dude preach anymore? HAHAHAHA (am I right so far)

Well guess what... It started raining. maybe a few hrs before the flood waters started to rise. I doubt it though... How long before the people started to panic and mob mentality sets in... who knows?  The Bible really doesn't have much to say. MAYBE some more level headed people did "jump on other boats"
BUUUT...
ch7
24 And the flood waters covered the earth for 150 days. (that's 5mos)

Gen8
5 Two and a half months later, as the waters continued to go down, other mountain peaks became visible.

So 7.5mos before any hope of food... however...

13 ...ten and a half months after the
flood began, the flood waters had almost dried up from the earth. Noah lifted back the covering of
the boat and saw that the surface of the ground was drying.
14 Two more months went by, and at last the earth was dry!

12.5mos before Noah could get off the boat.
Given only the 7.5mo time span I think because you thought the ONLY Christian family on earth was crazy, you failed to prepare. most likely you did not keep those kinds of supplies on hand either. You most likely died of starvation. IF the water didn't sink your boat and/or you drowned first that is.
so... maybe they did get on other boats... what's your point?
I can't help but look at those pages (human genome) and have a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God's mind.
-Francis Collins lead scientist Human Genome project

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »
so... maybe they did get on other boats... what's your point?

Poon LimWiki managed 133 days on a life raft after his boat was sunk Jesús VidañaWiki managed 9 months adrift.

what's your point?

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
"17 Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters. 18b And although some people took to boats, through ill preparation they failed to survive.

Fourteen words. That's all it takes to clear up that problem. Numbers and Chronicles are filled with thousands of tedious words about who's son begat who's son, or how big the tent of meeting was.
The bible doesn't mention people climbing into boats because that simply wasn't part of the mythical story. If the flood had been real and this bible the inerrant word of a god, all these little problems would be tied up.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.