Author Topic: God's Ark of Safety Church (and ark!)  (Read 294 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +124/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
God's Ark of Safety Church (and ark!)
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »
I've been passing by this church at least annually for the past 25 years. Back in the late 1980s it was just one or two stories of steel and sometime in the mid 1990s they expanded it to 4 stories. Although this photo was taken a long time ago, no additional work has been done on this ode to idiocy. Maybe they are becoming less idiotic. Of course, the website says that they are building it as a church and conference center. Whenever you build a building, it's size and shape are important to its function. I don't see how it will function but as a model of whimsy, but like the god that it professes exists.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
Re: God's Ark of Safety Church (and ark!)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
is it wrong to hope the building is destoryed in a flood???
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 02:21:07 PM »
Well, at least it is recyclable.

I assume you've seen the big wooden one that was built in The Netherlands. I guess it is more or less life sized, But it had to be built on barges or it wouldn't be strong enough to hold together. Of course that isn't something that we can use to prove the biblical one to be fake, its just that they don't know what technology Noah used to make his old one work. Or something like that.

Here is the Dutch one. He used glass in the windows for authenticity. And lots of steel. And he had lots of volunteers helping, so it only took 20 years to build. Which is a lot less time than Noah needed. The original, which, for convenience's sake, was built right next to a Home Depot, and sponsored by both DeWalt and Craftsman, may have been a bit cruder, but otherwise I'm sure the old and new ones are otherwise identical.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »
Here is the Dutch one. He used glass in the windows for authenticity.

According to Genesis 6:16, it was "a window"... singular... a single window, 1 cubit square, for the entire ark.  With the ammount of methane that would have built up, I'm surprised the ark didin't float like a baloon, and/or explode.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above

There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 03:32:41 PM »
Maybe they were also instructed, perhaps in a scroll that we will one day uncover to keep a lit torch outside the window.  Thus the ark may have obtained it's great velocity that it used to travel the globe.

Helpfully illustrated thusly:
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:03:07 AM »
Out of interest, when this supposed flood hit the planet, did no one amongst the millions of people have a boat? Did nobody have a fishing boat? There are many recorded instances of people surviving at sea, I think some Mexican fishermen lasted 9 months. But on this one occasion nobody thought to climb into a boat?
It would be laughable that people in the first world believe this utter nonsense if it wasn't for the fact I know quite a few of them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:09:42 AM by Ron Jeremy »
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.