Author Topic: MadBunny - why is murder a sin but God ordering destruction of someone not?  (Read 11731 times)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
Re: MadBunny - why is murder a sin but God ordering destruction of someone not?
« Reply #377 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:47 AM »
Exactly what are you asking me to show you evidence of? Be specific on what you know and how we can build on it.

Every claim you have made so far.

Literally, every one.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #378 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »
maybe I know something you do not. And it requires you to keep diggin to find that.

Perhaps you do know something, Jesuis, but unless you can communicate that knowledge effectively to others it's only useful to you.  For starters we need something we can test empirically, something's that demonstrably true whether or not we believe in it.

I'd like clarification on this "frequency" business you keep mentioning.  Is your god transmitting messages at a specific frequency, or is your god the transmission itself?  (And what specific frequency or frequency range, if you happen to know this?)
Lets start with you and I - emperical enough? We are both made of the same stuff. Everything I have you have. The rest of it is for want of a better word is an illusion of sorts. Your thinking versus my thinking. Different frequencies based on thinking brances from the same source.  If we can align our thinking we have the same frequency.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #379 on: January 14, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »
Exactly what are you asking me to show you evidence of? Be specific on what you know and how we can build on it.

Every claim you have made so far.

Literally, every one.
I guess the word specific to such a claim would be out of the question then? I started of with frequency. What do you not understand about it? Thought that was basic physics. Light waves sound waves particles matter strings super strings. Where do you want to start? What do you know that we can build upon?

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2014, 02:51:58 AM »
I guess the word specific to such a claim would be out of the question then? I started of with frequency. What do you not understand about it? Thought that was basic physics. Light waves sound waves particles matter strings super strings. Where do you want to start? What do you know that we can build upon?

Prove that there is a mutually exclusive theist and atheist brain frequency that magically makes answers for opposing sides appear to be false.

Otherwise, enjoy more -'s
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »
Since I am not trolling

possiblities:
1. you are not a troll and are oblivious to your poor behavior.  Outcome: you will not think you are trolling
2. you are a troll.  Outcome: you will not confess to trolling.

You cannot start a relationship of humanity and intellectual wisdom by telling me "I am talking out of may ass"

sure I can.

and being rude to me by threatening to take away my abiltiy to post freely.

If you are unaware that you are acting like an obnoxious prat, I am within my rights to bluntly let you know that you are and to make you aware of the consequences for continuing that behavior.  You may not like it.  People ususally aren't very receptive to negative feedback.  But thems the berries.

That could be seen as a sign of misguided leadership.

Sure.  It could be.  Or it could be a sign of a finely tuned BS detector.

Misguided leadership has led to many people to being killed by Romans for a belief that Jesus...

Ho boy.  comparing yourself to martyred xians in the roman era.  Narcissist?  Histrionic?  Delusions of grandeur?  Good luck with that.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #382 on: January 14, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »
Since I am not trolling

possiblities:
1. you are not a troll and are oblivious to your poor behavior.  Outcome: you will not think you are trolling
2. you are a troll.  Outcome: you will not confess to trolling.

I was thinking #1 until I saw the feigned ignorance on his recent reply to me on this thread.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #383 on: January 14, 2014, 09:12:38 AM »

Since I am not trolling

Hey Jesuis-

There seem to be a bunch of folks here who do think that you are trolling.  I've tried to be a bit more generous, and scratch a little bit below the surface and find out what it is that you are looking to find or accomplish on this forum.  I asked you some questions here on this thread.  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25200.msg595104.html#msg595104

I know you have a lot of pending questions to respond to, but I would really appreciate it if you could give this post a read, and see if you are able to respond.

Thanks. 

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +413/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
I suppose you're right - the frequency of mattering isn't necessarily quasi-bounded.  But the point of contention here is the periodicity of the proposition, not the governance of the frequency itself.  The frequency of magistrate isn't sustainable.  It just isn't.

Now, you could argue that the resonance of inversion would counter that claim, but it's a weak argument at best.  The resonance of inversion doesn't explain periodicity (even at the level of the frequency of mental thought - but perhaps at the frequency of adjusted thought).  Whether or not it is observed is moot - the magistrate necessarily implies the frequency of microcosm, not the other way around!  The frequency of microcosm, coupled with the periodicity of the proposition, is all that is needed.

Hopefully none of that is above your pay grade.
Nicely done. However the resonance of life is all around us. Our human consciousness "a frequency" accepts that this process of life from conception to death is a process. Birth death and suffering is not what it wants in the human life. What does it know off its inherent nature? - Is there something more permanent that it comes from? - is there any real truth to its origin?  Can this illusion of the body self that is physically changing to its death be the purpose of it design? Especially when its I-ness remains fixed? That frequency of fixed i-ness is knowable and explained by theists in the language of the day to those who wish to know and who follow what they teach of what they are aware of. which is a frequency of their(theists) awareness.

Oops!  Apparently, in my random gibberish, I accidentally said something that you understand in your crazy moon-language.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +793/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #385 on: January 14, 2014, 11:16:10 AM »
I suppose you're right - the frequency of mattering isn't necessarily quasi-bounded.  But the point of contention here is the periodicity of the proposition, not the governance of the frequency itself.  The frequency of magistrate isn't sustainable.  It just isn't.

Now, you could argue that the resonance of inversion would counter that claim, but it's a weak argument at best.  The resonance of inversion doesn't explain periodicity (even at the level of the frequency of mental thought - but perhaps at the frequency of adjusted thought).  Whether or not it is observed is moot - the magistrate necessarily implies the frequency of microcosm, not the other way around!  The frequency of microcosm, coupled with the periodicity of the proposition, is all that is needed.

Nicely done. However the resonance of life is all around us. Our human consciousness "a frequency" accepts that this process of life from conception to death is a process. Birth death and suffering is not what it wants in the human life. What does it know off its inherent nature? - Is there something more permanent that it comes from? - is there any real truth to its origin?  Can this illusion of the body self that is physically changing to its death be the purpose of it design? Especially when its I-ness remains fixed? That frequency of fixed i-ness is knowable and explained by theists in the language of the day to those who wish to know and who follow what they teach of what they are aware of. which is a frequency of their(theists) awareness.

Oops!  Apparently, in my random gibberish, I accidentally said something that you understand in your crazy moon-language.

Hey, let me try? (Great job, by the way, jdawg)

Those of us who are able to use our occipital lobes to access those abilities and knowledges dormant in the unenlightened mind know how clear universal vibrations really are. And we often times forget that not all humans are able, or willing, to absorb that only true knowledge. Most are paralyzed by their voluntary ignorance and hence they are unwilling to acquiesce to the multiple realities of a tonal universe. Very few are willing to pay the price to be a full submolecular person, and most mistake their condition as bliss when in reality it is ignorance, manifesting itself as semi-human.

But if you tell someone too often about their ignorance of frequency it destroys that persons resonance and all subsequent efforts to access their essence will fail because of detuning. So one has the responsibility to be extraordinarily cautious when introducing reality to the naïve ones. Of which there are simply too many.

The hippies were right. It is truly time to tune and and drop out. I suggest drugs, though watching a good NASCAR race can have the same effect. It makes you look stupider though.

P.S. jdawg did a far better job. Bullshit is hard. My hat goes off to Jesuis too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:18:23 AM by ParkingPlaces »
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +413/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #386 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:44 AM »

Appreciated!

Those of us who are able to use our occipital lobes to access those abilities and knowledges dormant in the unenlightened mind know how clear universal vibrations really are. And we often times forget that not all humans are able, or willing, to absorb that only true knowledge. Most are paralyzed by their voluntary ignorance and hence they are unwilling to acquiesce to the multiple realities of a tonal universe. Very few are willing to pay the price to be a full submolecular person, and most mistake their condition as bliss when in reality it is ignorance, manifesting itself as semi-human.

But if you tell someone too often about their ignorance of frequency it destroys that persons resonance and all subsequent efforts to access their essence will fail because of detuning. So one has the responsibility to be extraordinarily cautious when introducing reality to the naïve ones. Of which there are simply too many.

The hippies were right. It is truly time to tune and and drop out. I suggest drugs, though watching a good NASCAR race can have the same effect. It makes you look stupider though.

A+ for effort - I'd say you did a good job with this.

P.S. jdawg did a far better job. Bullshit is hard. My hat goes off to Jesuis too.

Honestly, though, it is a surprisingly fun exercise.  It's like playing philosophical madlibs.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #387 on: January 14, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

Since I am not trolling

Hey Jesuis-

There seem to be a bunch of folks here who do think that you are trolling.  I've tried to be a bit more generous, and scratch a little bit below the surface and find out what it is that you are looking to find or accomplish on this forum.  I asked you some questions here on this thread.  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25200.msg595104.html#msg595104

I know you have a lot of pending questions to respond to, but I would really appreciate it if you could give this post a read, and see if you are able to respond.

Thanks.
Thanks I am sure my posting might be suspended.
I would say all of the above.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

I was going to go with meditation for that brain function but I suppose drugs would do for the less conscious.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »

Nearly got me there. Thought you knew something of super strings theory. Apparently you have just been conning me. Cheer for that confession.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »

Nearly got me there. Thought you knew something of super strings theory. Apparently you have just been conning me. Cheer for that confession.

Ah, I get it, you're into physics woo.

Right, okay then.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »

The fact that random gibberish fooled you into thinking he knew about this "theory" of yours kind of casts some shadow of doubt on said theory, don't you think?
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »

The fact that random gibberish fooled you into thinking he knew about this "theory" of yours kind of casts some shadow of doubt on said theory, don't you think?

I like how he says "Nearly got me there", as if random gibberish has anything to do with Superstring theory.

Well done by Jdawg and ParkingPlaces.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:22 PM »
jesuis,
are you into Eckhart Tolle?  I ask because your particular brand of woo seems to match his.  He talks about bullshit like "quantum vibrations".  As if that means anything.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +114/-1
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
jesuis,
are you into Eckhart TolleWiki?  I ask because your particular brand of woo seems to match his.  He talks about bullshit like "quantum vibrations".  As if that means anything.

Wow! What a nutcase.... or is it successful con artist?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »
Wow! What a nutcase.... or is it successful con artist?

I'd say a crank.  My take on Tolle is he really did experience something but he had no words to express it.  So he borrowed from a lot of existing material of mystical traditions - hinduism, buddhism, taoism, mystical sufism, etc. - but I don't think he ever communicated his ideas well.  I think he was doing a lot of improvising and saying things he thought was wise, but he's a dipshit, so it turned out to be mumbojumbo.  Then, he became a corporation. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
A well meaning massively woo-friendly friend, like an actual real-life one, once gave me a book on CD from Eckhart Tolle.

At the time I had no idea who he was. Sometimes it pays to remain ignorant. I wish I had.

To compound matters, somehow she thought that exclaiming that he was highly recommended by Oprah Winfrey was actually A Good Thing. Fortunately, that snippet allowed me to take as much as my brain offline as possible, so as to avoid death-by-quantum-bullshit.

Even so, listening to the CD surrounded by soft and furry objects, still wasn't enough to prepare me for the full-frontal assault that was hurled at what little of my brain was still unprotected.

All I can say about this gentleman is that if you've ever taken some form of class on reality, and you have the opportunity to listen to him. Don't. Just don't.

As for my friend. It took several days, but I finally managed to resolve the entanglement of my optic nerves, caused my eyeballs rotating at near light speed, when she asked me to explain all the Science Stuff that he was so clearly knowledgeable about.

Now for our repetitive (ugh) friend. It took a while, and the preceding discussion was most fruitful, but I think I now have the answer to my own questions. You know, the ones he keeps avoiding.

In terms of the frequency of god, we've all been going about it wrong.

We've been approaching this from the point of view of the only dimensions we are aware of. God, though, is beyond that. Hence we need to consider the solution in terms of infinite dimensions.

Thus, if you phase shift the second oscillator just enough so that a virtual standing wave is formed in Hilbert Space (this is the key), then bipolarise the dilithium crystals in a quantum vacuum, you can then examine the resultant frequencies using a combination of a scanning tunneling microscope and a 25 foot retractable Home Depot tape measure.

It is at this point, that we can proceed to extrapolate the frequency of god to, at least, a second order approximation.

The correct frequency can then be determined to be either the red frequency, the yellow frequency, or the black one with knobs on.

Although, due to the presence of imaginary numbers in the solution, it might also be the third harmonic of a watermelon's natural resonant frequency, whilst traveling in an inertial frame of reference, undergoing Lorenz contractions, due to the oscillations of the whatchamacallit, spontaneously caused by emission of a red–antigreen gluon from the third quark to the right of the place where Schrödinger's cat took his final dump.

Possibly.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:12:49 PM by xyzzy »
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2014, 09:20:44 PM »
 What a surprise, he still has not posted evidence of his claims.

*reported*

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +102/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:59 PM »

I realize you believe that if an atheist wishes to remain logical the atheist will chose anarchy.  I am still at a loss how this comes about. 

For example, the atheist leaders of a given country gather together and review their laws.  How would they conclude that getting rid of all these laws is a logical decision?  Why would they not choose to keep the laws as is?  No doubt there is a progressive step-by-step logic to this which you understand far better than I do.  Would you please demonstrate the step-by-step logic a group of atheist leaders would apply so they logically conclude that anarchy is superior to the body of laws on the books?

Confused but willing to learn,

OldChurchGuy

With all due respect, I am still looking for the step-by-step logic a group of atheist leaders would apply so they logically conclude that anarchy is superior to the body of laws on the books.

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

I admit I am feeling a bit vain. 

It has been my experience apologists have a reply for every question put forth to them. 

Yet, here I sit still waiting for a response to the above question. 

So, it appears I have stumped an apologist.

As always,

OldChurchGuy 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:04 PM »
Who was that question aimed at?

Because i cannot imagine anyone wanting anarchy... ;D

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +102/-2
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
Who was that question aimed at?

Because i cannot imagine anyone wanting anarchy... ;D

This was an exchange with Skeptic.  He stated something to the effect that atheists would logically conclude to embrace anarchy.  I was wondering how he reached that conclusion and am still wondering. 

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
Ahh i see.

Why cant more theists be more like you? xD

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +102/-2
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »
Ahh i see.

Thank you for the kind words.  On the other hand, if all theists were like me you guys would so little opportunity to hone your critical thinking skills. 

That, and discussions on theology would be a yawn fest.  :)

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
Good point...

Discussing theology hurts my brain, so i prefer debating with...err...lesser theists.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »
Ahh i see.

Thank you for the kind words.  On the other hand, if all theists were like me you guys would so little opportunity to hone your critical thinking skills. 

That, and discussions on theology would be a yawn fest.  :)

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Excluding me, of course. I hone my skills with anyone, don't care who or about.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +413/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:31 PM »
I admit I am feeling a bit vain. 

It has been my experience apologists have a reply for every question put forth to them. 

Yet, here I sit still waiting for a response to the above question. 
Yes, No, Wait.

- Eddie Izzard