Author Topic: Religious Music at Burger King?!?!  (Read 965 times)

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +42/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Religious Music at Burger King?!?!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
Dude that song is amazing! The only thing better than the actual song is the video. It reminds me of a Kirk Cameron movie and he is after all my favorite director... ever...

How can you not be sucked into that hook line? "Mr. I wanna buy these shoes for my momma please its Xmas eve and they are just her size." GENIUS! The lyrical depth is just mind bottling. The fact that she won't ever get to wear those shoes that this broke ass kid bought her for Xmas makes it all the more heartwarming. I never thought I would find God in a song about a pair of shoes.
I feel that I man enough to admit that this beautiful tune brought a small tear to my eye. I have come to expect that from just about any song preformed by 5 conservatively dressed and well groomed dudes hanging out on some steps with only one guy singing. Add in some fake snow and Xmas lights and you sir have found the key to G-Rolls heart. I am a straight male but I have to admit I would fuck the shit out of that guy. Like a groupie at a LL Cool J concert.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 07:27:12 PM »
If that's your reaction to it, you're going to need tissues (not for your eyes) after you listen to the teddy bear trucker song Pianodwarf mentioned.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +42/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
How is that teddy bear song 5 minutes long? It just goes on, and on and on and on and on. For a moment I thought there might be a 3 way suicide. The crippled kid, the sad trucker, and me.

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
I too love, love, love Christmas music and a lot of classical music that is religious.  My Dad, who is also atheist, once said to me that the only good thing Christianity gave us was its art and architecture.  Er, I don't think he was talking about contemporary Christian music though!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »
Am I the only one who has no idea what the Xmas shoe song is?

Let me know if you get even half way through it.

I got to 1:27. It's corny, derivative, silly, stupid, and his singing is a very bad Tom Waits.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:09 AM »
I'm not sure how this turned into a thread about Christmas music worth listening to, but I recommend Peter Gabriel's 'passion' soundtrack.  It's entirely instrumental, features several high quality percussion pieces and did I mention has no lyrics?

It's "religious" in that it's a soundtrack for a religious movie (seriously, it's about Jesus) but one that I suspect has zero chance of offending anybody as being preachy.  Had that been playing on their system, heck, Trav might have purchased an extra order of fries and stuck around a bit longer.

http://
youtu.be/uTAaKAVpOOM

(intentionally split the link to avoid another youtube embed in Traveler's thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:15:54 AM by MadBunny »
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:32 AM »
Thanks for the Brahms - now that sounds like music!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)