Author Topic: Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 05:32:34 AM »
First. Just picked up this new tune that I will pass on to Christians after I put an O P together.

What do you think of it?

Sorry, I can't watch the video it's not allowed on this machine.

--------------------------------

"Funnily enough eve then goes on to influence adam. If we take your staring point of innocence lost then by influencing the edens very own himbo doesn't eve then take the role of deceiver and in your own words;"

Consider. Eve was innocent and rather dumb. Too dumb to even realize she was naked. Her instincts wisely made her eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and that gives her the moral sense of a God and that is knowledge of almost everything as everything is subject to good and evil. Her human instincts and the knowledge that God has is now hers making her superior to God who does not have human instincts.

Eve did as scriptures urge all to do.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

She has become as one of us God said.

All good.

She was told specifically not to eat the fruit and was told of the consequences if she did.

What is Eve guilty of exactly.

Eating the forbidden fruit.

What harm was done.

Hard to say really. Maybe the harm was that the act caused humanity to deviate from its intended purpose.

All evil and sin does harm. Right?

Totally different question requiring a whole new swathe of definition and argument. Perhaps this is a topic for another thread.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +10/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
For some other location perhaps. Here, I would get total agreement as most here are not restricted by a dogma.

Most would say, no harm = no foul, sin, or crime. All those need a victim and if there is none then any action human, to human, is allowed.

Christians just say that to disobey God is a sin ignoring that in this case, A & E were ordered to stay stupid and I would suggest that they did the right ting in telling God to shove that order where it belongs.

Regards
DL

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »

Most would say, no harm = no foul, sin, or crime. All those need a victim and if there is none then any action human, to human, is allowed.

Its difficult to define harm. Harm can also be mitigated by consent so it's difficult to define victim. Of course consent would also need to be defined too...

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +10/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »

Its difficult to define harm. Harm can also be mitigated by consent so it's difficult to define victim. Of course consent would also need to be defined too...

Not by us but by the one who is taking offence.

You and I could define those terms quite well and have some S & M guy pop up and throw it all in the garbage as much of it he would not agree with. Such moral issues are subjective and not objective.

Regards
DL