Author Topic: The pope goes even further toward tolerance ...  (Read 302 times)

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
The pope goes even further toward tolerance ...
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »
wow, I've been cautiously optimistic about this guy, but if he really means this, it sounds like he's actually joined the 21st century.

http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/pope-francis-condemns-racism-and-declares-that-all-religions-are-true-at-historic-third-vatican-council/

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Re: The pope goes even further toward tolerance ...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
Too good to be true. My first clue was the idea of a third Vatican Council. The second Vatican Council took years to complete (I think most do), so there was no way he could have slipped one in without the world noticing. A pope announcing that the very things that make the Catholic church relevant are no longer relevant (necessity of scraments, necessity of priests, the very think Martin Luther challenged), was my second red flag. Sure enough, "Diversity Chronicle" explains The original content on this blog is largely satirical.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
damn. I was afraid of that. :(
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »
Snopes

Yeah, I usually check. Guess I got over excited on this one. I think its a statement on how weird the news is these days that I have so much trouble telling truth from fiction. lol

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
Actually IIRC the catholic Sunday school I attended more or less said that. "Many paths to the Mountain top" However Catholicsm was portrayed as the most direct, least perious, route.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.