Author Topic: Wait, what?  (Read 220 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
Wait, what?
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the irony in same-sex couples now being allowed to marry in Utah, a state that is the front line for Mormonism and polygamy?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: Wait, what?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
The homophobes will probably find a way to circumvent it; in Utah they have a lot of support. But yeah, it's sweet, sweeeeet payback for all the money the LDS Church poured into Prop 8. I was ashamed to be a straight Californian, the day that passed.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
What I'd love to see now is polygamous gay households. That would really drive 'em up the wall.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »
^^^ Hell yeah, that'd be BRILLIANT!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the irony in same-sex couples now being allowed to marry in Utah, a state that is the front line for Mormonism and polygamy?

Revenge is a dish best served cold.     And, smack in the face whenever possible.

What I'd love to see now is polygamous gay households. That would really drive 'em up the wall.

I will settle for polygamy in general, but Sodom and Gomorrah in Utah ... hehe haha ... oh, what's a Mormon to do? Maybe they will all move to Mexico like their ancestors.

I mean, once Utah has gay marriage, why does any other state bother to protest it anymore? That bus is facing downhill and the driver has his foot on the accelerator.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.