Author Topic: Women are second class citizens  (Read 272 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Women are second class citizens
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
If you have a uterus, your wishes and desires are irrelevant.

Husband of pregnant woman wants her off life support

Complicating an already difficult situation is that Munoz is also pregnant, about 18 weeks along, WFAA reported. Texas state law prohibits withdrawing or withholding life-sustaining treatment from a pregnant patient, regardless of her wishes.

Pregnant woman kept alive against family's wishes in Texas

Stunned, the Machados and Erick Munoz tried to explain that this was against Marlise’s wishes.

I assume these laws were sold to state legislatures by the right-to-life crowd. But I thought exercising a right was a choice, not a legal requirement.

I cannot understand why women do not rise up against this nonsense.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Women are second class citizens
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »
According to a 2012 report by the Center for Women’s Policy Studies, 31 states have laws that allow hospitals to keep women alive against their wishes if they are pregnant.
Wow it's not just Texas for once.

I think the State and right to life crowd should pay the hospital bill and possibly whatever extra medical costs could arise from this fetus/possible future child seeming it was deprived of oxygen for over a hour. But alas I guess that would be communism... And we can't have that because it forces people to do things against their will. Kinda fascist.   

Offline 1makesitwrong

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:14:07 AM »
Yes I am greatly amazed at the right to life people. They really seem to care more about keeping someone alive and nothing for what kind of life that individual would have. 
The bible was pronounced dead at the scene

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »

We do. But for every Wendy Davis, there is a Phyllis Schlafly. For every woman who stands her ground, and fights for women who are not able to stand theirs, there are others protecting the very Stockholm Syndrome that encourages women to feel satisfaction with self-suppression. Every time a woman goes into church, every time she opens her bible, every time she speaks with another xian, she's being encouraged to adopt some measure of self-suppression for the sake of some moral good. That moral good is "bigger" than her situation, or anyone's situation. How a woman, or a person of color, or an LGBTQ individual can want to be xian is a testament to the power of the memetic virus religion is, not a testament to the individual not wanting what is good. They want what is good, they've just been brainwashed into thinking it will only be achieved if they step out of the way. How very noble, eh?

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Many of us have been fighting this kind of crap all our lives. I've been having a really crappy holiday season, in large part because as I review the past year (and more) I see how little has changed, and even how some things have gotten worse. Its infuriating!  >:(
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »
Many of us have been fighting this kind of crap all our lives.

Well, you all need to unite in demonstrations and refusal to participate in society until you all get these stupid ass laws off the books.

I've always thought that if men could get pregnant this nonsense would instantly stop.

I've been having a really crappy holiday season, in large part because as I review the past year (and more) I see how little has changed, and even how some things have gotten worse. Its infuriating!  >:(

Well, this past year society has had a lot on its plate and it ate quite a bit. It can only handle so much before indigestion occurs.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +124/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.