Author Topic: Angels forced to use public transport  (Read 346 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
  • I'll bleed for my own 'sins' thank you very much
Angels forced to use public transport
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
Angels exist but do not have wings and are more like shards of light, at least according to a top Catholic Church "angelologist" who says the heavenly beings are now back in vogue thanks to New Age religions.

Anyone here ever heard of an "angelologist"? I mean seriously guys, an angelologist???

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/21/09/33/expert-says-angel-do-not-have-wings?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos6

The widely-published Catholic clergyman is also a "demonologist" and says angels are more needed than ever because increasing secularisation and materialism in society have left an "open door" for the devil.

"There is a lot more interference from diabolical forces. That is why you see queues of people outside the exorcists' offices in churches," he said.

Wonder who they'll petition to repaint the Sistine Chapel? Maybe Elias Garcia Martinez could save the day!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Re: Angels forced to use public transport
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
Every time a bell rings, an angel gets a bus pass
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Bumpy Ride

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
All the angel images I have seen has a human in the front with bird wings on the back but no structural connection to the chest muscles like real birds. Also Birds are avian because unlike mammals, they come from the egg which then puts them in the dinosaur era which the bible seems to not mention.

Angels exist but do not have wings and are more like shards of light, at least according to a top Catholic Church "angelologist" who says the heavenly beings are now back in vogue thanks to New Age religions.

Anyone here ever heard of an "angelologist"? I mean seriously guys, an angelologist???

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/21/09/33/expert-says-angel-do-not-have-wings?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos6

The widely-published Catholic clergyman is also a "demonologist" and says angels are more needed than ever because increasing secularization and materialism in society have left an "open door" for the devil.

"There is a lot more interference from diabolical forces. That is why you see queues of people outside the exorcists' offices in churches," he said.

Wonder who they'll petition to repaint the Sistine Chapel? Maybe Elias Garcia Martinez could save the day!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:56:32 PM »
Exorcism office?

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
Every time a bell rings, an angel gets a bus pass

Rrrrriiinnnggg!  Mind the doors please.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 11:43:31 PM »
Wow. I wish I was an accredited expert in a field which amounts to baloney. Such safety in job retention.
Belief is irrelevant; the truth is not a democracy.
facebook.com/AbsurdityinReligion

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
OHH come on!

Angelologist? REALLY?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:09 AM »
OHH come on!

Angelologist? REALLY?

*Looks at A&A's personal text*  ;)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:05 AM »
*Looks at A&A's personal text*  ;)

Yeah yeah...Tulpamancer. (I personally find the term stupid myself...Ohh no...now i'm talking about *that* again...)
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:02:31 AM »
Wow. I wish I was an accredited expert in a field which amounts to baloney. Such safety in job retention.

It isn't that hard to get a PHD in Theology.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »

Emphasis on "lol"
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces