Author Topic: Google purchases Boston Dynamics  (Read 165 times)

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
Google purchases Boston Dynamics
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
I had the privilege of visiting Boston Dynamics as they use our software for their advanced kinematics systems about a year ago. Their office is literally right around the corner from our facility. I never would've thought I would be reading an article like this (Google purchases...) as they are primarily "military" operated and funded...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25395989

During my visit I literally was watching one of these "humanoid" systems scale obstacles and complex environments.

Anyways, my question to Christians is why you would program a "god" and/or "deity" into an AI and why vs "just a set of common sense rules"?  What would be the reason you would want to control a complex system with a series of logic that would seem false (burn in hell or live in a place called heaven for eternity along with other absurd rules within our known reality to logic)  to an advanced intellectual system of known physics, reason and would be detected as a virus by such an advanced system...

I'm asking the question again from the point of view from "an advanced intellectual system" and not an evolved pile of flesh and blood that we see today within the animal kingdom.

If god exists then

{ insert code logic here else

run program for god here

}

End If

One might find that all this "else" code in this logic is not worth the effort because it doesn't matter with the context of the "entire program".

One will find that a program with correct logic with work just as well within the constraints of the subject matter at hand without introducing an infinite variable with every logic/decision constraint that can be made up and/or made around it.

With this in mind I give you the mind of Christians and ALL of the conversations that happen on this website.  The "Root" of the discussion is always lost because of a variable that can absolutely ALWAYS be removed from the complex equation of life.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:02:37 PM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
Re: Google purchases Boston Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »

^^^ I'm going to point out the obvious and state that "this is why the human mind will be eclipsed by something better"... or run without the mortal inefficiencies.  All the while we'll be listening to the sweet tune of the religious melodies and how their made up program is the best.
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Google purchases Boston Dynamics
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »
Interesting stuff. And yea, if we go all robotic and stuff, theists will be claiming their favorite model as the one that their god likes best. Assuming that they can also find a way to make a profit.

My theory for Google is that they need something tougher to do the street view stuff in the hood.

I used to live in Somerville, and I told everyone I went to Harvard (jokingly) because I walked through their campus every day on my way to work in Brookline. To take public transit I had to go all the way into Boston and then back out to where I worked. Which took longer than walking. And, not being an idiot, I didn't drive while I was there.

Does a red light still mean that only two more cars can go through? (The last time I was there, that was still what everyone seemed to think!) And that brings up a question. Can robots be taught to handle local interpretations of road laws and such?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.