I'll be in Trenton NJ for one night (tomorrow, 16 December). If anyone happens to be in the area and would be interested in getting together, message me.
I'm going to be taking a credit-by-exam on Tuesday morning as part of the continuing journey toward my bachelor's degree. It's an English Composition exam, so as you can probably all imagine, I'm terribly worried about failing. *cough* I didn't actually have to go to Trenton for this, but the alternative was to find some kind of a proctoring service locally, then arrange a time with them, pay any pertinent fees, get the college to mail the forms and everything to the proctor, and yadda yadda yadda. It will probably cost a bit more to do it this way, but it was easier to set up, and I thought getting out of town for a day might be an interesting change of pace.
In case anyone is interested, the breakdown on what's left for my degree is as follows:
1) SOS-110, coursework wrapped up last night. I currently have a B-plus, but the final grade will depend on what my grade is for my final exam. I will most likely be getting an A.
2) ENC-102. This is the credit-by-exam I'm taking on Tuesday morning. It's pass/fail, and I need a 70 to pass.
3) PSYCH-101. Final exam, multiple choice, is this coming Sunday. Also pass/fail, and I need a 60. Doesn't sound like a very high bar, but this course has been tough for me, so I'm going to need to study quite a bit.
4) SOC-291. Criminology course. I have a term paper to write and a final exam to take on Saturday. This is probably going to be the bulk of my attention for the rest of the week. Lot of work to do here, especially since I bombed the midterm pretty badly (only got a 64 -- ouch!)
5) LIB-495. Course starting in January. A very heavy research and writing course, culminating in a term paper of at least 25 pages. Course finishes on March 30th, at which time, I'll be done with classwork and just need to have my portfolio approved to get my degree.