Poll

Would you buy a WWGHA T-Shirt?

Yes
No

Author Topic: WWGHA T-Shirts  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
WWGHA T-Shirts
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »
Regarding this question -

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2593.0

Would you buy a WWGHA T-Shirt for about $17 - $20 if it had a professionally designed graphic on the front?

If enough interest is indicated via the poll, I will see if we can get one available.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
Re: WWGHA T-Shirts
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:21:37 AM »
Absolutely I would.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
no.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:25:38 AM »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »
no.

Pony, aren't you a team player?

I'd only buy the shirt if I intended to wear it. I can't do so in my community. Same reason I don't post pics of myself. It's not fear, or anything like that, it would be irresponsible and unprofessional for me to do so.

Ok, maybe I would buy one, and not wear it.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
Yes, I would
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
Depends on the shirt.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
Depends on the shirt.

It's a tuxedo t-shirt. It sends the message "I want to be formal and all, but I'm also here to party"

+1 Ambassadorial Pardon for anyone who names the movie.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:32:26 PM »

It's a tuxedo t-shirt. It sends the message "I want to be formal and all, but I'm also here to party"

+1 Ambassadorial Pardon for anyone who names the movie.

Talladega Nights

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
You got it.

P.S. I want to be an illuminati. I want to be a loose cannon moderator with tremendous power, who answers to no one. Put me in coach. 

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »
You got it.

Thanks, but I'll return the pardon to you for use elsewhere.

P.S. I want to be an illuminati. I want to be a loose cannon moderator with tremendous power, who answers to no one. Put me in coach. 

Well, even I have to answer to somebody, so that's going to be a tall order Pony.

Offline Sota

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
Maybe not 17 bucks, but I'd probably buy one and wear it anyway.

Offline Whitney

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Happy Atheist
    • Happy Atheist Forum
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
I would only buy one if the graphic is generally non-offensive (and it has to look good).  I don't want to get shot if I try to wear it in public in Texas.

Offline Sota

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »
I would only buy one if the graphic is generally non-offensive (and it has to look good).  I don't want to get shot if I try to wear it in public in Texas.

You make a great point.

Can those of us in the bible belt get a bullet proof shirt?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »

You make a great point.

Can those of us in the bible belt get a bullet proof shirt?

How much for a kevlar lined shirt to Manhattan, KS?  I'll need it.  :D

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

If enough interest is shown, we'll next get some (safe) designs to choose from, without bullseyes.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »
I think I'll pass.  I would buy a "God Is Imaginary" t-shirt though...
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 11:31:57 PM »
For the record, I would be more inclined to buy a shirt that reads "Why does God hate amputees?" than I would be to buy one that reads "Why won't God heal amputees?"
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »
I don't want to get shot if I try to wear it in public in Texas.

I've recently begun rebuilding my t-shirt collection.  I now have two: one says "Don't believe in God?" and on the back "You are not alone" - like the billboard, courtesy of the Corpus Christi Atheists, www.ccatheists.com.  Another says "INFIDEL" in big block letters and underneath, the arabic ???? (kafir, which is my handle on some forums)

I haven't been shot yet.  I'm reserving my kevlar underwear for when I get around to designing my Calvin-peeing-on-a-cross t-shirt.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Whitney

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Happy Atheist
    • Happy Atheist Forum
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 12:50:54 AM »
Ok...well I don't really think I'd get shot at (of course you never know in Dallas..might just get shot for no reason when you a minding your own business driving down 75).

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 02:50:04 AM »
No, No.. Can't wear one of those around Branson, MO; The capital of JesusLand of America!   :)

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »
You live in Branson?  I've been there a few times and that is pretty much Jesus land.  My uncle is the city planner there.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
For the record, I would be more inclined to buy a shirt that reads "Why does God hate amputees?" than I would be to buy one that reads "Why won't God heal amputees?"

Hear hear!

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 06:55:57 PM »
You got it.

Thanks, but I'll return the pardon to you for use elsewhere.

Well, even I have to answer to somebody, so that's going to be a tall order Pony.

As a junior member of this regime, and a partially temporarily off-duty ambassador, I feel some powers are in order.

Perhaps a one time ban opportunity, subject to administrative approval. When the next ban occurs, I carry out the sentence and send the PM.

Or, better yet, access to the place of which no one speaks......

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
I don't want to get shot if I try to wear it in public in Texas.

I've recently begun rebuilding my t-shirt collection.  I now have two: one says "Don't believe in God?" and on the back "You are not alone" - like the billboard, courtesy of the Corpus Christi Atheists, www.ccatheists.com.  Another says "INFIDEL" in big block letters and underneath, the arabic ???? (kafir, which is my handle on some forums)

I haven't been shot yet.  I'm reserving my kevlar underwear for when I get around to designing my Calvin-peeing-on-a-cross t-shirt.

With an exacto you can easily make a Calvin peeing on a jesus fish. I've seen two around town. Hillarious. If I ever meet that person i will shake their hand.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:21 AM »
You live in Branson?  I've been there a few times and that is pretty much Jesus land.  My uncle is the city planner there.

LOL...  You've actually been to Branson?  Where do you live?  And yes I really do live here (Unintentionally of course).

Offline JII

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »
Nope. I love the WWGHA question, but it's still extremely offensive to Christians. It begs a million apologetic arguments from the intended audience, as well as an occasional black eye.

Might I suggest something like:

DEISM ROCKS!
Find out why I'm a Deist, Not a Theist.
@whywontgodhealamputees.com

A "Deist" movement, that embraces the Big Bang + Evolution, stands a chance of "killing" the Biblegod fantasy. A strict "atheism" movement, IMHO, does not. I'm Agnostic, but I'd be willing to attend a Church of Utterly Indifferent Deists, if such a church, were an option. The "church", would simply be embracing the "Nature's God" of two of our greatest Founding Fathers, Jefferson and Paine. It's right there in the Constitution. Yet, we'd be able to vocalize, and point to, the WWGHA and God Is Imaginary websites to explain our Deist inclinations. We'd be perceived, less "evil", than we are now with a strict "No God!" message. Sorry, but Atheism, in its strictest form, doesn't stand a chance against the Emperor's New Clothes.  It's time to resurrect Jefferson and Paine. It's a minor concession for Atheists, and it could, actually work. ;)

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

"Evidence?"

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »
The only problem with deism is that Christians tend to see "deist" and then slide that right into "my God and Jesus" ... and we're back to step 1.

Otherwise, actual deists -- not the bait and switch ones -- are not a problem.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer