Author Topic: introducing the Wolf Unchained  (Read 680 times)

Offline wolfunchained

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
introducing the Wolf Unchained
« on: December 08, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »
Hi all

Im David and i live in New Zealand.
I am 29 years old and im married with a 2 year old son.

I was raised in a very strict seventh day adventist sabbath observing church and family.
Ive been on a journey of discovery for the last 5 years after having a fallout with my church as i started asking questions.I had got a job that requires me to work on sabbath as i needed to provide for my wife and for our future family at the time. It was a massive wage increase from just above minimum wage ($30,000 per year to $62,000 per year)  so i went for it. I was stripped of my membership as i was not observing the most important rule of adventism. The sabbath.  This led me to start reading books and information id never have considered reading when i was an adventist and learning about an open mind. This lead me to authors such as Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins. Even stand up comedians like jim jefferies and ricky gervais have played a big part in helping me de lrogramme through plain old rational thinking and facts.
Bill maher did a 2 hour documentry movie on religion that blew me away how insane religions are around the world and even zeitgeist raised a few questions in my head. I dont claim it to be fact but where there is doubt there are questions.

I especially questioned the morality of my church when they devoted a whole sermon to, "you dont trust god if u dont pay your tithe"

i have missed out on so many opportunities and normal social things as a young person and my parents will never understand where im coming from as they do everything out of faith in the sda church and ellen white as the church prophetess (who also founded the sda church)

Im past the bitterness and the anger that is the resut of finding out your who life has been years of bullying and torment through school for being very wierd compared to the rest of peopl as i was taught to always witness to people. My whole life feels like a brainwashed manipulated waste of life so ive been making up for lost time.

My oldest brother cut all ties with my parents after his upbringing, he is 33 and since he turned 30 he has had nothing to do with my parents which sucks for my sons birthdays and things like that as he wont come to family gatherings. And believe me he has good reason as im not far behind him. The difference is he doesnt have kids and i do so i wont deprive my son of his grand parents who are very loving people who just cant see outside of thier little box.

Sorry for the long winded intro!

Ive been dying to find a place or group for normal rational thinkers where i can lay down my thoughts and ideas.
I think ive finally found it.

Wolf unchained stands for: i stalk the flock, i am no longer in the mass flock of sheep nodding thier heads and doing as they r told. I hunt alone and gather my own thoughts and provide for myself and my family without the need to ask the sky for help. We have a choice, a choice to be proactive and ride the wave of life for better or worse and its way more fun when u just dive in and go for it.

Im off the leash that has held me from reaching my full potential in life.

You will see me around here from now on

David - Wolf Unchained

now I've broken through the glass, im lacerated from my past, I climbed over my prison walls, the pain was delightful.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
Re: introducing the Wolf Unchained
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
A Kiwi!

That's OK...I'll talk to you anyway...

Welcome, from one of the several Australians on the forum.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Hello and welcome! I love your username and its meaning to you.  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Hyperintelligent Orangutan
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Wow, that's one heck of story good sir. It's inspiring to hear about someone who was willing to deal with that kind of flack to be honest with themselves.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to speaking with you,
The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 10:37:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Wolf. The Intro section is one place where substantial entries are welcome; that is a heck of a background. You're not the only ex-SDA member here; I think there are one or two others.

Look forward to seeing you around.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:29 AM »
Welcome, o wolf from the land of zombie sheep ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/[1]
 1. haven't actually seen it, yet, but it came highly recommended
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
Umm...yeah. I do 't care to say "welcome" to people. Just not my thing. But I read your OP.

Unless you live with your parents, perhaps inviting your brother to your place, or going to his could keep the overall family flowing.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Shaffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Im A Realist ;)
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
Welcome! Mate ;)
 ;D
We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it.

~ParkingPlaces

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I too look forward to your input on the threads, and yes that is a great user name. :)
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I too look forward to your input on the threads, and yes that is a great user name. :)

Mine's better.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »
Welcome to the community ! I liked read your story , but I have a question. You did wrote.
<snip>
It was a massive wage increase from just above minimum wage ($30,000 per year to $62,000 per year)
</snip>

Are you speaking in US Dollars or NZ Dollars ?

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +74/-1
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »
^^^

Either way it's a 2X increase, which is very significant. Although I too am curious about which currency, mainly because of $30K/yr being described as "just above minimum wage", which would be significantly above minimum wage in the U.S.  Even if adjusted for the current .83/1 exchange rate, that would still be much better than the current U.S. minimum wage. The U.S. minimum wage has not kept pace with the cost of living over the last few decades, making it a bit of a political issue at present, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the NZ minimum wage is higher.

But regardless of all that, welcome to the forum, Wolf. It sounds like you'll fit in just fine here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:19:46 PM by Willie »

Offline wolfunchained

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 03:03:42 AM »
Hey guys

My wages are in nz currency, i did work more than 40 hours a week on minimum wage to make ends meet but my increase was on a basic 40hour week. Less work and twice as much money.

Bonus!
now I've broken through the glass, im lacerated from my past, I climbed over my prison walls, the pain was delightful.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 03:11:01 AM »
Hey guys

My wages are in nz currency, i did work more than 40 hours a week on minimum wage to make ends meet but my increase was on a basic 40hour week. Less work and twice as much money.

Bonus!

They're paying you twice as much to shear less sheep?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum Wolf!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline wolfunchained

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Lol at magicmiles!

Haha i work in the dairy industry for fonterra...it was massive in the news a few months back about a botulism scare which came to nothing in the end....

We do have more than just sheep in nz!! Hahaha

wolfie

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
Lol at magicmiles!

Haha i work in the dairy industry for fonterra...it was massive in the news a few months back about a botulism scare which came to nothing in the end....

We do have more than just sheep in nz!! Hahaha

wolfie

I know, I know. But you're a Kiwi and I'm an Aussie. It's sort of a law that I make these jokes.

I copped plenty of Aussie jokes when I was in NZ. A beautiful country.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline wolfunchained

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
Well all aussie has to offer is crazy hot weather, VB Bitter (the devils urine) and you cant even say fish n chips properly lol.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:03 PM »
Well all aussie has to offer is crazy hot weather, VB Bitter (the devils urine) and you cant even say fish n chips properly lol.

We must have more to offer than that....after all, aren't their signs at all NZ international departures saying "last one out, please turn off the lights"?

Go on up you baldhead.