Author Topic: LET ME OUT OF HERE  (Read 1846 times)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
LET ME OUT OF HERE
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
I have respected your rules why am I in here?
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: LET ME OUT OF HERE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Aww, Sweetie, I'm sorry. I'm not on staff, so don't know for certain their reasoning, but I do know that the Shelter was not intended as punishment. It was intended as a safe place for people to talk without getting trodden upon by the more assertive/aggressive folks on here.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
Hi June! If you read the rules of the Shelter - it'a  sticky at the top of the forum list - you'll see that this is  a place of safety where rather heavy handed moderation makes sure that conversations are polite and civil and you don't get overwhelmed with last numbers of hostile posts. Members have to apply to be able to post on here so you can see it is well controlled.

Here we can discuss your views politely. Care to start the coversation going?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:25:01 AM »
I have respected your rules why am I in here?
You are here because I created a place for you. Then I created you to be in this place.  ;)

thread reminded me of this commercial

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:26:40 AM by The Gawd »

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
I realize the rules say no more than 3 non-theist replies, but wasn't sure Junebug knew that, and didn't want her waiting to post until she knew there were a few more people still willing to show her some support. So I hope it's OK if I post this.

Glad to see you are still around, Junebug. As others have said, this is not a place for punishment, but rather a place where you can interact with those people who will not be allowed to harass you. You are still free to discuss whatever topics you want.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
Aww, Sweetie, I'm sorry. I'm not on staff, so don't know for certain their reasoning, but I do know that the Shelter was not intended as punishment. It was intended as a safe place for people to talk without getting trodden upon by the more assertive/aggressive folks on here.

Well I was under the impression it was voluntary to be here.  I am an advocate for kindness.  That's why I am here to promote kindness.  You can be kind whether you believe in a god or not; at least that's what y'all told me.  I don't care if you believe in god I care if you're kind empathetic and happy.

I just want to be free in America 2013.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
I thought it was voluntary too. I'm going to ask around.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »
I don't know about it being voluntary to be here as I am not one of the staff. On the other hand, as an ordinary member of the board I had to ask permission to get into this forum.

Really, June, this is a nice safe place where you won't be hounded or insulted but where we can engage in polite discussion without fighting off others. It is also quieter here as people, as I say, have to ask to come here so no doubt the mods make sure the particularly insulting people stay out.

Why not relax in this restful place and let's talk about your views. I would really like to understand your views about god. Could you tell me, please?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »
I don't know about it being voluntary to be here as I am not one of the staff. On the other hand, as an ordinary member of the board I had to ask permission to get into this forum.

Really, June, this is a nice safe place where you won't be hounded or insulted but where we can engage in polite discussion without fighting off others. It is also quieter here as people, as I say, have to ask to come here so no doubt the mods make sure the particularly insulting people stay out.

Why not relax in this restful place and let's talk about your views. I would really like to understand your views about god. Could you tell me, please?

God is better than the ones who locked me away in this shelter.  My freewill has been denied by cruel and unfair mods.  God made me a loving person despite what a person believes.  I believe I'm here because of fear.  Love is courage.  Fear is weakness.

I am not an attention whore, if so, then everybody on this site is the same thing, Dante and Nam.  I don't see how any body with good common sense would think this a way to a more peaceful and proper world.   
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »
I realize the rules say no more than 3 non-theist replies, but wasn't sure Junebug knew that, and didn't want her waiting to post until she knew there were a few more people still willing to show her some support. So I hope it's OK if I post this.

Glad to see you are still around, Junebug. As others have said, this is not a place for punishment, but rather a place where you can interact with those people who will not be allowed to harass you. You are still free to discuss whatever topics you want.

If people want to harass me it just shows weakness in their beliefs.  My ability to show them kindness despite 'em shows strength in mine.

How's your brother doing?
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »

yea well that makes two us, I don't know why I've been locked up in here either.  I started a thread called love is the answer or something like that.  I checked in the next morning and I got a pm that said status change.  I was hurt by that.   I don't know how people can be so cruel.  I don't blame it on atheism for there are cruel Christians as well.  It's probably child abuse of some kind.  Teaching children to be mean is a form of child abuse.  That's what makes bullies in our schools!!!
Thomas Paine

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
...Teaching children to be mean is a form of child abuse.  That's what makes bullies in our schools!!!

I wonder about bullies. I sometimes think that its a lack in their self esteem that makes them need to feel better than others. Perhaps its another example of not enough love. If they don't feel safe or loved, perhaps its a way to build themselves up. That does NOT excuse their behavior!!! I think bullying is one of the great problems with our (USA) school system, and we need to find a way to deal with it. But how? Sometimes, a bully can be "cured" by simply learning about differences, and getting to know people with different needs, disadvantages, and backgrounds. I don't have the answer, but every time I hear of a kid committing suicide because they were bullied beyond their capacity to tolerate, I feel another nail in the coffin of compassion.

Here is my advice to you:

1. Shields up. That's right, this can be a difficult place, so work on building an emotional shield of some kind so that you can deal with the inevitable ups and downs and conflicts here.

2. Love/Compassion. Remember that that goes for you too. Love yourself, and know that you can do this without rising to the bait of the more difficult of our members. This is a lesson for me as well. Ignore those who harm you. To respond quickly, and defensively, is to give them more attention than they warrant.

3. Focus. This is a place full of intelligent, rational, interesting people. If you focus on engaging in a conversation with courage, love, and confidence, you will do fine. Look to theists like OldChurchGuy to see a good example of a highly respected theist here. He does not rise to bait. He does not get defensive. He simply calmly responds with his own opinion, being respectful of other's views.

4. Breath. Before hitting the post button, take a deep breath, re-read the "offending" post, re-read your own response, and truly think about whether what you're writing adds to the conversation. Then, when you think you're ready to hit the button, take a deep breath and repeat. Only when you're certain that your post adds to the "meat" of the debate, should you actually post. Reactionary posting gets folks in trouble.

If you can take this advice to heart, and resist the temptation to take things personally, you will have a good chance to do well out in the general population of wwgha.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:02:25 PM by Traveler »

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »

God is better than the ones who locked me away in this shelter.  My freewill has been denied by cruel and unfair mods.  God made me a loving person despite what a person believes.  I believe I'm here because of fear.  Love is courage.  Fear is weakness.

I am not an attention whore, if so, then everybody on this site is the same thing, Dante and Nam.  I don't see how any body with good common sense would think this a way to a more peaceful and proper world.

junebug - freewill does not exist on this forum.  This forum is guided by rules, and is moderated for the good of the community, as opposed to individuals.  This forum is not the world you are describing.  That would be your life, and what you choose to do with it.  No one is making you participate in this forum.  But if you really want to participate, then you, like everyone else, need to follow the basic rules including etiquette, and guidelines provided.  The last post from Traveler is great advice.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »

Exactly.  If I have interpreted the forum rules correctly if there were an issue with you, you would be confined to the Emergency Room.  You can make any thread you want in The Shelter.  It is just that members who have not been granted access are not allowed to respond.  So you should not feel that you are under attack.  Members are instructed to construct their replies in a considerate manner without insulting the Original Poster. 
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »
Traveler,

I'm restricted to this place I can't check out any members.  I took a lot before I responded defensively to Nam.  I am an advocate of kindness so when I see it I will call it out.  I would do the same thing on a religious site. 

The way I see things from here this place don't care about making the world a better more peaceful place you just care if people believe in gods or not.  So what is the purpose.  If you like a cruel world then just leave it alone it's a very cruel place. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »

junebug - freewill does not exist on this forum.  This forum is guided by rules, and is moderated for the good of the community, as opposed to individuals.  This forum is not the world you are describing.  That would be your life, and what you choose to do with it.  No one is making you participate in this forum.  But if you really want to participate, then you, like everyone else, need to follow the basic rules including etiquette, and guidelines provided.  The last post from Traveler is great advice.

I have followed your rules.  There are no rules against advocating kindness, peace and love!!!  There are no rules about letting someone call you a liar or despicable names.  I am not a whipping post for atheist.  I've never read a post from Onechurchguy.  I would like to though.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 08:41:36 AM »
I have encountered many defensive atheist here too.  What's the difference?  That's why ad hominem debating is not a good debate choice.  If you can't advocate your position without name calling maybe you have no position to advocate.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
When my son was in school they counseled the bullied and did nothing to the bully.  I say 0 tolerance is the way.  Hold parents responsible for their child's behavior.  Fine the parents and make the kid clean chairs in the auditorium or help handicapped children.  Actually let the parents help with that too!!!  Restrict their exposure to violence and see if that don't help. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:50 AM »

Hi JT,

Thanks for responding. 

If not for punishment why.  I didn't even get a warning.  Just BAM here you go locked up in the shelter. 

Hello OneAboveAll.  Hope your doing well.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
Hi June! If you read the rules of the Shelter - it'a  sticky at the top of the forum list - you'll see that this is  a place of safety where rather heavy handed moderation makes sure that conversations are polite and civil and you don't get overwhelmed with last numbers of hostile posts. Members have to apply to be able to post on here so you can see it is well controlled.

Here we can discuss your views politely. Care to start the coversation going?

Yea Hi Wheels,

My view on God is that God loves us all and the problems in this world are man made.
Thomas Paine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
Hello OneAboveAll.  Hope your doing well.

More or less. Thanks for asking (sort of).
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »

What rules have I broken pray tell? 
Thomas Paine

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:40 AM »
Look, June, you have been placed in the shelter to protect you from the worst of the people who are not very subtle when discussing god. You are in a safe place where we can discuss anything you like but without the 'plain speaking' on the main forums - we have to be polite at all times here.

Now, look, I am nothing to do with the running of these forums and am just an ordinary member like you but I can see the sense in allowing you to discuss with rather less people in a polite environment. Not least is the fact there are fewer people here so one post from you isn't drowned out by lots of posts from others so you have less work going through the replies to your posts.

Anyway, whatever the rights and wrongs, you are here and we can all discuss peacefully. Why not just do that and see where we get?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 07:24:15 AM »
I don't do Harry Potter LPA.  I'm not here to play games!  If you want to be helpful to me.  Tell them to let me out of here.  I'm harmless.   

BTW, I got my last treatment Monday.  I'm off to radiation now.

Look, June, you have been placed in the shelter to protect you from the worst of the people who are not very subtle when discussing god. You are in a safe place where we can discuss anything you like but without the 'plain speaking' on the main forums - we have to be polite at all times here.

Now, look, I am nothing to do with the running of these forums and am just an ordinary member like you but I can see the sense in allowing you to discuss with rather less people in a polite environment. Not least is the fact there are fewer people here so one post from you isn't drowned out by lots of posts from others so you have less work going through the replies to your posts.

Anyway, whatever the rights and wrongs, you are here and we can all discuss peacefully. Why not just do that and see where we get?

I didn't ask for protection.  If people want to make asses out of themselves that only helps me.  It's not me they are protecting.  I have God remember.  Can't nobody here hurt me as long as I have God on my side. 

So what would you like to discuss? 
Thomas Paine

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »
Like I said, June, I have nothing to do with your placing here.

As to discussion, anything you like. How about starting a new thread where we can discuss something along the lines of 'why, if god is a god of love, are there so many wars and killings apparently motivated by belief in a god or other?'

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 07:50:27 AM »
Junebug, you have mental health issues in your life that you need to address, and I think you need professional therapy. You are reactionary and you don't know how to respond properly to certain situations, like when to back off and contemplate instead of posting just whatever feeling thought you have at the time. Your reactions almost always come with a profession from you of kindness and love while at the same time we hear fingernails scraping across a chalkboard.  At this stage I am not sure you can adjust.

I think you came to us when you were asking questions about god and asking questions about health insurance -- at least that's what I remember. I don't read your posts that often because I don't find them part of intelligent discussion. Whenever I have posed questions for you to answer you never bother to respond. I honestly don't think you are capable. Others have expressed the same.

We have excused some of your behavior because you are dealing with cancer and are certainly in a heightened emotional state -- no one wants to have cancer or the treatment that follows. If you only made some bizarre remarks a few times, we would brush them off and move on. However, no one wants to deal with someone who whines and reacts to statements like an 8 year-old who thinks they are always blamed for everything. When we directly tell you to avoid certain people, you don't. Like a parent who tells you to stop harassing your 10 year-old brother, you choose to harass him anyway and he is far more capable of harassing you back than you can harass him. In other words, it's childish. It's not adult conversation, it doesn't contribute more than before and it needs to stop. Again, I don't think you have the capacity to stop.

We have members of this forum who genuinely care about you and wish to help you, but all evidence points to the fact that you don't want to be helped. You would rather use this forum as your online playground where you can steal a toy, throw sand and cry when someone steps on your sandcastle.

You did violate a rule by creating a sock puppet account: Wonder Woman. It was obvious that the posting Wonder Woman made were that of the junebug72. It's not that easy to fool us. We have had sock puppet accounts made by members who are far more wiley, and at times, far more creative. We've had people who created sock puppet accounts because they realized their time on the forum started on the wrong foot and stayed that way, so they decided to have a fresh start. At first that's what I thought you had done, but that quickly changed. Why? As I stated above, I don't think you are capable of reflection and analysis. You are totally reactionary.

At least for me, this is why you are in the shelter. If you wish to read the posts in threads outside the shelter, just logout of the forum and you can read anything a non-member can read which is quite a lot. I highly doubt you will respond to my post in a methodical or insightful way. In fact you may not respond at all -- that has often been your pattern.

By the way, I am Moderator Emeritus so I don't generally take many actions as a moderator and I am a backup in case other moderators vanish. Ergo, do not ask me about getting out of the shelter. See Screwtape or Jetson for that.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having to endure radiation therapy, but I hope it does what you need it to do. I do wish you well.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 07:52:31 AM »
Like I said, June, I have nothing to do with your placing here.

As to discussion, anything you like. How about starting a new thread where we can discuss something along the lines of 'why, if god is a god of love, are there so many wars and killings apparently motivated by belief in a god or other?'

We can discuss that here. 

I think it's because so often we confuse our wants and needs with God's.  Like how Abraham thought it was God's desire for him to start a great nation.  If that were true his wife would have bore him many children.  People believe what they want to.  It's called self-centeredness!  People need to understand that God cares about the whole.  That we are all pieces of something bigger. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 08:04:15 AM »
Junebug, you have mental health issues in your life that you need to address, and I think you need professional therapy. You are reactionary and you don't know how to respond properly to certain situations, like when to back off and contemplate instead of posting just whatever feeling thought you have at the time. Your reactions almost always come with a profession from you of kindness and love while at the same time we hear fingernails scraping across a chalkboard.  At this stage I am not sure you can adjust.

I think you came to us when you were asking questions about god and asking questions about health insurance -- at least that's what I remember. I don't read your posts that often because I don't find them part of intelligent discussion. Whenever I have posed questions for you to answer you never bother to respond. I honestly don't think you are capable. Others have expressed the same.

We have excused some of your behavior because you are dealing with cancer and are certainly in a heightened emotional state -- no one wants to have cancer or the treatment that follows. If you only made some bizarre remarks a few times, we would brush them off and move on. However, no one wants to deal with someone who whines and reacts to statements like an 8 year-old who thinks they are always blamed for everything. When we directly tell you to avoid certain people, you don't. Like a parent who tells you to stop harassing your 10 year-old brother, you choose to harass him anyway and he is far more capable of harassing you back than you can harass him. In other words, it's childish. It's not adult conversation, it doesn't contribute more than before and it needs to stop. Again, I don't think you have the capacity to stop.

We have members of this forum who genuinely care about you and wish to help you, but all evidence points to the fact that you don't want to be helped. You would rather use this forum as your online playground where you can steal a toy, throw sand and cry when someone steps on your sandcastle.

You did violate a rule by creating a sock puppet account: Wonder Woman. It was obvious that the posting Wonder Woman made were that of the junebug72. It's not that easy to fool us. We have had sock puppet accounts made by members who are far more wiley, and at times, far more creative. We've had people who created sock puppet accounts because they realized their time on the forum started on the wrong foot and stayed that way, so they decided to have a fresh start. At first that's what I thought you had done, but that quickly changed. Why? As I stated above, I don't think you are capable of reflection and analysis. You are totally reactionary.

At least for me, this is why you are in the shelter. If you wish to read the posts in threads outside the shelter, just logout of the forum and you can read anything a non-member can read which is quite a lot. I highly doubt you will respond to my post in a methodical or insightful way. In fact you may not respond at all -- that has often been your pattern.

By the way, I am Moderator Emeritus so I don't generally take many actions as a moderator and I am a backup in case other moderators vanish. Ergo, do not ask me about getting out of the shelter. See Screwtape or Jetson for that.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having to endure radiation therapy, but I hope it does what you need it to do. I do wish you well.

I think you have mental problems as well.  Wonder Woman is not me.  I was put here before Wonder Woman created an account.  I can tell you are very narcissistic by your arrogance here.   I thought people were supposed to be polite here.  Seems you are breaking your own rules to me.  That post is nasty.

Oh no, you would have a hard time proving that I don't respond.  Go ahead back up your accusations or apologize for the slander!!!

I do not believe you care about my well being or you would have not have been so nasty.   
Thomas Paine

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
Junebug, I'm so glad your chemo is over! For me, rads were much easier to take, although that's not true for everyone. Use the aloe or lotion constantly. You won't know how badly its burning you for a few weeks afterward.

Good luck!!!