Author Topic: Signatures.  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Signatures.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
Ahhhhhhh! This thread has been taken over by the NERDSCHPEAKERS! Flee for your lives!  :o

You're one to talk.

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline boogie man

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »
I know this is way off topic but how do you post your own thread here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 02:08:48 AM »
You need at-least 3 posts IIRC...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 03:50:29 AM »
I have decided not to use an image.

There IS a god!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 04:45:03 AM »
There IS a god!

Well, now that i think of it, having a image signature would not seem right here...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
We have requested that members avoid images in signature blocks because the forum software doesn't always deal with them properly. Sometimes the type and quality of the image can cause the forum threads to become "stuck" or turn into gibberish. Not all forum software is made alike, and certainly on this forum not all updates have been processed. We constantly live on a precipice.

Also, images in signature blocks have the added quality of making the threads unreadable on certain devices with small screens or with no alternative browsers. If you are viewing the forum on a small device or one that is not necessarily well-equipped to handle lots of images, the reading experience becomes tedious to impossible. Some devices will "drag" tremendously when one attempts to scroll a thread. I think the forum software is designed to kill avatars when the target screen is under a certain size, but it won't kill images in signatures.

I get the dragging quite often when going to a topic with a lot of YouTube videos posted or just the one quoted multiple times.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
Perhaps post meaningful sentences?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
Perhaps post meaningful sentences?

Seems s/he is just making innocuous comments to post a topic. Why participate when you're a drive by?

-Nam

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 12:56:41 AM »
Ahh, i see.

That makes sense, post 3 times, make stupid thread, get owned, run away.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
I know this is way off topic but how do you post your own thread here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Yes, meaningful posts please.  The idea is that you demonstrate your ability to be a value able contributor to the four. Before you can start your own threads
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »

Yes, meaningful posts please.  The idea is that you demonstrate your ability to be a valuable contributor to the forum. Before you can start your own threads

Sorry, I had to fix those.

-Nam