Author Topic: Hello! [#2783]  (Read 504 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Hello! [#2783]
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
Hello!

I have just watched you 10 minute video on your 'godisimaginery' website.  I am sad for you, because you really do lack knowledge and wisdom.  You attack one of the 10 Commandments, from YAHWEH, whom He had given to the 'House of Israel'...not the whole world.  I am sad for you.

And, if you read the New Testament, with wisdom, you will see that Yashua (Greek name = Jesus) came to redeem the 'House of Israel', and all who wish to join Israel.  The Commandments do not apply to pagans.  You know, you do not need to believe in YAHWEH, that is your free will.  I wish you the best in your search for the truth of our existence.

A Believer in 'The Way',
[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: Hello! [#2783]
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »
So basically, god's rules only applies towards his little exclusive club?

Why not tell the christians that?  They're the ones saying that god's rules applies towards everyone.

You can't expect us to get things straight if god's own fan club can't figure out the rules.

Don't feel sad for us.  Feel sad for god and his fan club.  Apparently, they've been mucking up the rules for 2,000-something years.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
Hello!

I have just watched you 10 minute video on your 'godisimaginery' website.  I am sad for you, because you really do lack knowledge and wisdom.

Judge not, lest you be judged. Though to be honest, I frequently fail at that myself.

I am sad for you.

No need; reserve your pity for those who might truly benefit from it.

The Commandments do not apply to pagans.  You know, you do not need to believe in YAHWEH, that is your free will.  I wish you the best in your search for the truth of our existence.

Please, please, please tell that to the fundies who keep trying to shove Jesus into public life and secular law in the US. Live-and-let-live believers as you seem to be I have no problem with.

A Believer in 'The Way',
[name removed]

There are an awful lot of religious "ways" out there; over 30,000 of the Christian flavor alone. If you're convinced you happen to have the right one, feel free to present your evidence.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
Hello!

I have just watched you 10 minute video on your 'godisimaginery' website.  I am sad for you, because you really do lack knowledge and wisdom.  You attack one of the 10 Commandments, from YAHWEH, whom He had given to the 'House of Israel'...not the whole world.  I am sad for you.

And, if you read the New Testament, with wisdom, you will see that Yashua (Greek name = Jesus) came to redeem the 'House of Israel', and all who wish to join Israel.  The Commandments do not apply to pagans.  You know, you do not need to believe in YAHWEH, that is your free will.  I wish you the best in your search for the truth of our existence.

A Believer in 'The Way',
[name removed]
Ah, belief...
Belief seems so absurd to me. For example, right now I am drinking a glass of lemonade. I do not need to "believe" my lemonade is there because it is there. I can see it, touch it, taste it... I am also breathing air right now, air that I dont need to "believe" exists because I feel it going into my body, i feel it being breathed out, if I dont breathe it my body demands that I do or I die... even though I dont know the chemistry behind it, I know its there.

But yahweh.... for some reason I need to "believe" (or dont need to as you point out) I cant just know he's there by observation... Why would "belief" be so central to something so important?

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
Learn to spell YHWH properly, blasphemer.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »
You christians are amazing. You find so many new ways to be wrong every day that I spend half my time just being amazed. America needs a new reality show called "I'm Christian and I'm Right!", where contestants come on, give their version of your religion, and the judges choose one for the big finale in Jerusalem while the others get stoned.

The final show? The winner goes straight to heaven, the losers straight to hell. That would be soooooo cool.

(Note to Nam: Your lecture worked! I can spell, I can spell!!!)

I'd watch.

Oops, had to fix my spelling.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
...one for the big finale in Jerusalem while the others get stoned.
You might want to be a little more clear about which kind of stoned you are talking about while soliciting contestants. Although it might be fun to make it a surprise - flip a coin maybe - are you going to get stoned, or are you going to get stoned?
The final show? The winner goes straight to heaven, the losers straight to hell. That would be soooooo cool.

I'd watch.
Ditto!
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »
America needs a new reality show called "I'm Christian and I'm Right!", where contestants come on, give their version of your religion, and the judges choose one for the big finale in Jerusalem while the others get stoned.

You might want to be a little more clear about which kind of stoned you are talking about while soliciting contestants. Although it might be fun to make it a surprise - flip a coin maybe - are you going to get stoned, or are you going to get stoned?

I'd watch.
Ditto!

Oh, so would I. Any xians with media contacts, take note: this show would likely have a guaranteed audience of millions of atheists. High ratings and that many souls potentially saved: what more do the Koch brothers need to throw money at the idea??
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »

You know, the classic buried up to their neck, only head exposed, throw rocks it for awhile, make 'em suffer, let 'em die. Good christian stuff all the way. I wouldn't want to challenge the purity of the show's ideals by introducing certain substances in liquid, smoke, powder or injectable form. That would detract from the sanctity of the moment.

Note: That doesn't stop the viewers from partaking. I'm just sayin'...
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
House of Israel, eh?
Latest population of Israel - 8,081,000

Many estimates of world Jewish population  is approx. 13-14 million.  So...." the 'House of Israel', and all who wish to join Israel, eh?  So, are you worshiping Yahweh, as an exclusive god for this group?  Or Yahweh, the creator of the entire universe, who chose only Israel?  And all who wish to join, eh?  ?  No happy, fun loving Hindus, eh?  How about really good, caring atheist doctors?  A warlock that is an excellent marriage counselor?  A old woman with an open mind who runs a school for the blind?  Or how about a catholic priest who is having doubts?  Uh, Westboro Baptists, are they right out?  Mormons?

Can't you look objectively and realize how absurd it all sounds?  But very exclusive, this group, very exclusive - monogrammed towels. 

edit:  Doesn't Al Qaida translated mean "The Way"?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:42:49 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
Hello!

A Believer in 'The Way',
[name removed]

So, you quibble with some special interpretation from your magic decoder ring. Tens of millions of Christian disagree with you. Please email all of them personally and then get back to us. Or, alternatively, you can address the actual central question of "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" rather than engaging in diversionary tactics in order to feel satisfied with your own fragile ego.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »
He 's right though. The ten commandments do only apply to the in-crowd. I mean, just look at the story. God tells Moses "Don't kill people!!!"
Moses comes down the mountain and what's the very first thing he does? HE KILLS PEOPLE!!!
And this is somehow presented as something good.

As I once said on another forum ...

Thou shalt not kill *

* any of the in-crowd **
** unless he reallyreallyreally pissed you off ***
*** except if he's really good at praying in public, in which case, back off! ****
**** this line overrides Matthew 6:6
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
Hello!

A Believer in 'The Way',
[name removed]

Are you a poe or a troll?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.