Author Topic: Gays and magnets.  (Read 1324 times)

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +544/-13
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Gays and magnets.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
It's December 5th, and it was a high of 82 today. And to 85 for the rest of the week. That's not "warm", that's mildly hot.
Well, you can come to Oklahoma instead, where it's currently 20 degrees outside with at least an inch of snow (more probably two inches) on the ground.  We're expecting to see at least an inch or two more of snow, and it's supposed to drop to single digit temperatures tonight.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
It's December 5th, and it was a high of 82 today. And to 85 for the rest of the week. That's not "warm", that's mildly hot.
Well, you can come to Oklahoma instead, where it's currently 20 degrees outside with at least an inch of snow (more probably two inches) on the ground.  We're expecting to see at least an inch or two more of snow, and it's supposed to drop to single digit temperatures tonight.

I don't remember snow.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »

I don't remember snow.

-Nam

Neither will the rest of us in 50 years.  :o

Actually not true, there will always be some snow in winter. Just not as much as we are used to. Climate change will probably make ski resorts a bad future investment. Beachfront property in central Florida is a better long-term bet.... :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
After seeing the guy's picture...man, is he setting off my gaydar.  I know that isn't science either but HAS proven to be fairly accurate in the past....

A guy staring at your crotch works, too.

;)

-Nam

A guy staring at MY crotch wouldn't be gay...er, unless he was just concerned with how my clothes fit or something (you know, the fashion police).

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
After seeing the guy's picture...man, is he setting off my gaydar.  I know that isn't science either but HAS proven to be fairly accurate in the past....

;)

-Nam

A guy staring at MY crotch wouldn't be gay...er, unless he was just concerned with how my clothes fit or something (you know, the fashion police).

I was speaking in general but perhaps if he's imagining a woman with a penis. I know straight guys who do that. Yes, I know depraved people.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +544/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »

Actually not true, there will always be some snow in winter. Just not as much as we are used to. Climate change will probably make ski resorts a bad future investment. Beachfront property in central Florida is a better long-term bet.... :P
Don't count on that.  The energy from the sun is a much bigger contributor to Earth's climate than human-caused warming.  The big danger is not in it getting too warm, but in the climate getting screwed up, causing global cooling.  It wouldn't take that many extra days of snow per year to cause a long-term shift.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »

Don't count on that.  The energy from the sun is a much bigger contributor to Earth's climate than human-caused warming.  The big danger is not in it getting too warm, but in the climate getting screwed up, causing global cooling.  It wouldn't take that many extra days of snow per year to cause a long-term shift.

Of course the sun is the main weather engine, no matter what people do. That's why I said climate change, not just climate warming.  But the ecosystems we are used to only exist in a narrow climate window. Overall, the dry places are getting drier and the wet places are getting more rain. The biggest changes we are seeing already are in the extremes-- the arctic and the tropics--where a degree or two makes all the difference.

Climate maps are shifting-- we may be the last human generation to experience all of the Koppen climate regions. Enjoy those colors while you can.
http://www.uwmc.uwc.edu/geography/100/koppen_web/koppen_map.htm
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +124/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »

;)

-Nam

I was speaking in general but perhaps if he's imagining a woman with a penis. I know straight guys who do that. Yes, I know depraved people.

-Nam

That's really a man with boobies.   ;D
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.