Author Topic: The Power of the Lord  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Jailed

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: The Power of the Lord
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »

Well, I'll need more in the definition that just "liar", though that does help. The fact that it is a liar implies that it communicates with humans, which means it must have a way to interact with the physical universe. It also implies a significant interest in human affairs.

A few other qualifiers will need to be answered before I can take a swing at the idea though. Remember, answering "I don't know" to one or more of these questions would be completely acceptable.
1. Is this god also all-powerful?
2. Is this god benevolent?
3. Does this god request worship?
4. Did this god create humans?
5. Did this god create the universe as a whole?
6. Does this god communicate with individual humans, and if so, how often?

1. Yes.

2. Now Plan is near to end. After Plan ends god will open minds of all entities and will open reason because of which he, as he consider, was to do all that he did. God is confident everyone in universe will approve his Plan and all his atrocities. In this case god will be good and winner. If even one entity refuses he will become villain and loser forever.

You will decide it. All of you. Each.

3. Present requirement of worship is his role. After end of Plan will not be worship. God is planning make all entities equal himself. Yes, it means gods.

4. Sure.

5. Sure.

6. Total control of minds can be accepted as "communication"? Seriously, he had some prophets. Not always and not everywhere.

Offline Jailed

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
Sorry, I'm going to sleep. See you tomorrow.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
That is right. Everyone should treat with it like with science theory. While it is not proved to be false it can be used.
I had some hopes of never finding anyone on earth who would make such a statement.

Listen up.

A: "The next time there is a knock at your door it will be Elvis dressed in a pink ballet-dress and riding a zebra."
B: "That's stupid."
A: "No, it's not, there is as much evidence for it as there is against it. Elvis might not be dead, who is to say what he is wearing and there are zebras."

Now... are you A or B?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »
I hate god. I hate him so much that I can not even think anything else.
Wow. There are meds and therapists available to help you with this. Repetitive thought patterns are certainly disruptive; CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) would help tremendously.
But I know he exists.
You BELIEVE he exists. I'll certainly grant that in your case that might be a good thing - having a deity as a target for your hatred beats taking it out on actual people.
I'm not calling you to love him or to pray him.
Good to know but I don't think any of us were worrying too much about that.
No. I'm just saying soon he will expose himself.
If you really care about your god, you might want to make sure that he plans his exposure to occur somewhere other than Minnesota. If he exposes himself here it'll freeze right off - we're at well-below freezing temps at present and likely to stay there for the next week or so. Just a suggestion for the well-being of your god guy from a shivering atheist who would pay a substantial amount of money to stand outside in the cold to watch your god expose himself. My pleasure probably shouldn't influence his potential emasculation.

Or did you mean something other than "soon" when you said "soon"? When do you think he's going to show up? 2014 perhaps?
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
2. Now Plan is near to end. After Plan ends god will open minds of all entities and will open reason because of which he, as he consider, was to do all that he did. God is confident everyone in universe will approve his Plan and all his atrocities. In this case god will be good and winner. If even one entity refuses he will become villain and loser forever.

The information you have provided, so far, is consistent with a belief in a Gnostic Christianity, where the god who created the universe is like Satan. Except this, which you have apparently just made up. Where do you get his information from; that the plan is near the end?

Why are you capitalising "Plan ™"? Anyone who capitalizes it, would appear to be reading from a revered text, yet you imply that any text would be written by a liar.

Why didn't you make an introductory post, explaining your novel position? Typical of most theists, we have to play a game of YES/NO to figure out what shrooms you are on.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »
..........Now Plan is near to end.

Hello Jailed, I'm just chiming in.  Just out of curiosity, when do you think the end will be?  I understand many say it is not for us to ask.  I'm just wondering if you are willing to predict -  in your life time, or in the next 200 years or so, or 5000 years, or longer - what does "near to end" mean to you?
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »
OK, where you are going, you won't want money. Can you give me your bank account details so I can help myself after judgement day? You may as well give them to me, if I don't survive, you'll still lose nothing.

Anyway. Why are you spouting all of the nonsense? You have no idea how the world works do you? You think it is all "magic".

Now Plan is near to end
Really? This is ridiculous. Not only do you think that the single god out of the thousands that there have been and still are, is your god but that he's going to end a world and turn us into gods as well!

Have you ever thought of the physics and maths for this?
How's he going to do that? Please provide explanations for turning my fingernail into that of a god.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Hyperintelligent Orangutan
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »
If your god is all-powerful then the notion of it "losing" is ludicrous. Your god model s not internally consistent, It disproves itself.

One of three things is therefore true:
1. You do not actually believe in this god.
2. you believe irrationally, and as such logical discussion on the topic is of limited use
3. I have misunderstood one of your statements and come to an erroneous conclusion.

If the answer is one or three then please let me know so we can continue this discussion. If it's two then I see no point in continuing.
The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +415/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »

Well, I'll need more in the definition that just "liar", though that does help. The fact that it is a liar implies that it communicates with humans, which means it must have a way to interact with the physical universe. It also implies a significant interest in human affairs.

A few other qualifiers will need to be answered before I can take a swing at the idea though. Remember, answering "I don't know" to one or more of these questions would be completely acceptable.
1. Is this god also all-powerful?
2. Is this god benevolent?
3. Does this god request worship?
4. Did this god create humans?
5. Did this god create the universe as a whole?
6. Does this god communicate with individual humans, and if so, how often?

1. Yes.

3. Present requirement of worship is his role. After end of Plan will not be worship. God is planning make all entities equal himself. Yes, it means gods.

4. Sure.

5. Sure.

6. Total control of minds can be accepted as "communication"? Seriously, he had some prophets. Not always and not everywhere.
Honestly, this is batsh*t-insane.

If I'm to understand this correctly:
According to Jailed, god is an evil, controlling liar.  This evil, controlling liar has the ability to completely dominate the will of any and every sentient entity in existence.  This all-powerful, evil, controlling liar wishes to keep all sentient creatures ignorant to his/her/its true nature.  At the end, upon completion of The PlanTM Jailed-edition, he/her/it will explain everything.  This all-powerful, evil, controlling liar is an arrogant bastard as well, feeling confident that all sentient creatures will understand and accept as 'good' this god's actions.  If even one single sentient entity refuses to accept this god's actions as 'good', then "someone" (it is unclear if you mean the dissenter or god) will become 'evil' and be a 'loser forever'.

For reasons yet to be established, Jailed has actual knowledge of all of this, which, necessarily means that god, with his total mind control ability supplied Jailed with this knowledge, or, at a bare minimum, is fully aware that Jailed possess this knowledge.  And, since this god's intentions are to keep all sentient creatures ignorant to his/her/its true nature, then it stands to reason that Jailed is one of very, very, very, few people (possibly the only person) who has this information...

Except the rest of us can't decide.  We lack the requisite knowledge and beliefs.  We think your story is level-5 bulls**t.  But, apparently, you can.  You are strangely immune to god's ability to completely dominate your will and control your mindYou seem to have the ability to exercise the choice of agreeing or disagreeing with this god's atrocities.  And it takes only one.

Here it is folks: an honest to Vishnu prophet with superhero syndrome, bent on saving the world and/or god.

Holy guacamole.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »

Why did I get the image of a huge zipper being revealed in the sky spanning entire galaxies, being zipped down and a colossal galaxy sized penis emerging forthwith from the opening that the zipper unlocked, at which point the penis will proceed to urinate directly onto the Earth, drowning everyone.

Wouldn't that be a shocker! heh 
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:45 PM »

Why did I get the image of a huge zipper being revealed in the sky spanning entire galaxies, being zipped down and a colossal galaxy sized penis emerging forthwith from the opening that the zipper unlocked, at which point the penis will proceed to urinate directly onto the Earth, drowning everyone.

Wouldn't that be a shocker! heh

That just begs the question: who made that giant pair of jeans? &)

I was with you....right until the urination part. To paraphrase what we heretics used to say in college when it rained, god's spittin' on ya.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
He is acting,does not really believe what he types,where Skeptic actually believes what he types
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
Jailed is either nuts or trying out the plot of his next fantasy novel on us.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2013, 11:09:54 PM »
Jailed is either nuts or trying out the plot of his next fantasy novel on us.

Or perhaps English is not his best language. Either way, he needs to work on his syntax and grammar. Why do religious crazies have so much trouble communicating their ideas clearly? Why is nutspeak always their first language? And why does the fact that his name is Jailed make me nervous? &) [1]
 1. Those were all rhetorical questions.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 12:58:04 AM »
Either Jailed is attempting a freestyle Poe and hoping for extra marks on the Artistic Impression section, or we have a problem, Houston.

At first, with the Islam tie-in, I was wondering if Skeptic and/or a friend were testing us to see how we'd react to a believer who didn't identify as Christian.  Subsequent posts, though, are too disordered to maintain that impression, and there's something chillingly unfunny about the things Jailed is posting.  I'm keeping one eye on this thread and My mouse near the "Report" button.

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »
It's curious that Skep thought he was endorsing Islam, but the rest of us couldn't work out WTF.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2013, 01:51:10 AM »
It's curious that Skep thought he was endorsing Islam, but the rest of us couldn't work out WTF.

IDK, the guy sounds like a looney toon to me.

I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably just looking for attention.

Anybody who says "I hate God" shouldn't be taken seriously. If you hate God, then God doesn't want anything to do with you, so it doesn't matter what you say or do.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 02:24:26 AM »
I hate god. I hate him so much that I can not even think anything else. But I know he exists. I'm not calling you to love him or to pray him. No. I'm just saying soon he will expose himself.
Please try this. For one week look at the world with the thought that there is no god. See if you feel better without religion.
If after a week you still think there is a god then simply ask for forgiveness.
You say you hate god so what have you got to loose?
- by hating god you will be going to hell anyway along with all us atheists.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:32:16 AM by Jonny-UK »
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »
IDK, the guy sounds like a looney toon to me.
I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably just looking for attention.
I cannot begin to tell you how funny that is  ;D
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2013, 06:54:05 AM »
Man, this guy sounds like Skeptic. Skeptic hasn't made a comment since the 8th (but has logged in), and this guy joins the next day on the 9th, and they both sound the same.

"materialism", the "insect" thing, grammar etc.,

-Nam

Nam, please. I have things to do in life. I can't be glued to the screen 24/7.

I don't have 2 names. That is childish, nor would I be endorsing the demonic Islamic religion.

And yet you are. I doubt you really do anything but come here.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Jailed

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
If your god is all-powerful then the notion of it "losing" is ludicrous. Your god model s not internally consistent, It disproves itself.

One of three things is therefore true:
1. You do not actually believe in this god.
2. you believe irrationally, and as such logical discussion on the topic is of limited use
3. I have misunderstood one of your statements and come to an erroneous conclusion.

If the answer is one or three then please let me know so we can continue this discussion. If it's two then I see no point in continuing.

God performs crimes for allegedly good intentions. But if you will not approve it, his Plan will fail, so he will lose. Is it difficult to understand?

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
God performs crimes for allegedly good intentions. But if you will not approve it, his Plan will fail, so he will lose. Is it difficult to understand?
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. You are making very little sense. I can see the words you are writing, and I can read them,  but I'll be damned if I can make any sense of them. So yes, it IS difficult to understand.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

Difficult to understand why a god would set itself up for almost certain failure, yes.

There are currently several deities on WWGHA, Myself included.  I'm planning to veto your god's plan, as I believe that gods should be above manipulative nonsense and not cause deliberate harm for some mythical "greater good."  If When your god drops the ball, I propose a coalition of deities to step into the breach and accordingly nominate One Above All to head up the coalition.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:56 AM »
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. You are making very little sense. I can see the words you are writing, and I can read them,  but I'll be damned if I can make any sense of them. So yes, it IS difficult to understand.

I'm not even sure Jailed is talking about the same thing as everyone else.
What I read in the above post is " the all powerful being that created the universe is nuts but needs our approval to act and therefore we can stop him."

Jailed, are you sure you haven't mistaken the Golden Compass for the Bible?

How many polar bears are there in your bible and what are they wearing?

Offline Jailed

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »

When Plan ends all entities will say to god: "Yes, your method was terrible, but now we can see it was necessary, you have done all well." He considers it will be so. But if even one entity will say: "I will not forgive you for that you have done to me!" then Plan will fail.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
Again, I ask;

What exactly, constitute as evidence for the non-existence of something?

Give examples.

Easily. Seventh continent does not exist.

You didn't answer my question.  Heck, I can't even make sense of your reply.

Try again.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +415/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »

When Plan ends all entities will say to god: "Yes, your method was terrible, but now we can see it was necessary, you have done all well." He considers it will be so. But if even one entity will say: "I will not forgive you for that you have done to me!" then Plan will fail.
What I don't understand is how you know any of this is true.  Or if you even think any of this is true.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »

And you base this belief on what exactly? Like I said, I can read the words but can not make sense of your concept.

And I asked you a question earlier that you apparently overlooked right here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25951.msg588820.html#msg588820

TL;DR version: when is "soon"? This is not a random question, I'm genuinely interested in your response so please provide one.

Offline Jailed

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »

You didn't answer my question.  Heck, I can't even make sense of your reply.

Try again.

Apparently I have not realized what did you mean. Expound amply.