Author Topic: They're praying too late.  (Read 289 times)

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
They're praying too late.
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/viewart/20131201/NEWS/131201001/CUOMO-4-KILLED-63-INJURED-POK-NYC-TRAIN-DERAILMENT-M

My friends are blowing up facebook with the above article.  They are extending their prayers to the survivors.   Does it occur to them of these people may have said some unheard prayers before they got on this train?  ARRGH!    :o
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: They're praying too late.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
Good to see so many people helping with those prayers.  I bet they are already paying off. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
If they prayed before then they couldn't after. See, they'd probably pray for it to crash just to have something to pray for.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »
It also irks the sh!t out of me when people say "it could have been worse, it could have been on Monday with commuter crowds..." blah blah.  I bet no one related to someone who was killed or seriously injured thinks it could have been worse.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 08:51:38 AM »
It also irks the sh!t out of me when people say "it could have been worse, it could have been on Monday with commuter crowds..." blah blah.  I bet no one related to someone who was killed or seriously injured thinks it could have been worse.

They never, ever consider the opposite side of their belief system.  Why would a loving god allow this in the first place?  Seriously, if a church bus crashed and killed everyone except some random 2 year old, they call it a miracle.  Unbelievably disgusting way of thinking if you ask me.  The only explanation I can muster is that many believers simply have no other way to cope with the actual horror of an entire bus load of innocent people being killed in an accident.  Now that I think about it, how can it ever be called an "accident" if YHWH had a role in any of the outcome?

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 09:00:02 AM »

They never, ever consider the opposite side of their belief system.  Why would a loving god allow this in the first place?  Seriously, if a church bus crashed and killed everyone except some random 2 year old, they call it a miracle.  Unbelievably disgusting way of thinking if you ask me.  The only explanation I can muster is that many believers simply have no other way to cope with the actual horror of an entire bus load of innocent people being killed in an accident.  Now that I think about it, how can it ever be called an "accident" if YHWH had a role in any of the outcome?

I think this in part at least answers Anfauglir's question here -

Why would anyone follow the Biblical Satan?

The headlines "Yahweh kills again" may drive some people into the arms of the adversary

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +376/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:25:22 AM »
Now that I think about it, how can it ever be called an "accident" if YHWH had a role in any of the outcome?
Mysterious ways...
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »
My friends are blowing up facebook with the above article.  They are extending their prayers to the survivors.
What no rejoicing that some lucky people are now enjoying eternal happiness in heaven!
Hypocritical perhaps?
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead