Author Topic: Texas again.  (Read 207 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Texas again.
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »
An anti-abortion group in Texas ( I know...all you have to say is Texas and you know it is going to be bat ass crazy) has posted an idea on facebook to pose as whatever agency offers rides to mothers going to the clinic to get an abortion.  Once inside the car they drive around preaching to the mother, take her to some church where a group will talk with her, or drive around until she misses her scheduled time to be at the clinic.  Kidnapping is what it is and they think it is fine.

Can we suggest that maybe succession for Texas might not be a bad thing if we make sure they don't have any nukes?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: Texas again.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »
During the latest craze for secession, more than one commentator pointed out that if Texas actually did it, they'd be the northernmost part of Mexico in less than a generation. Personally, I think Mexico would be better off without all those crazies, but that would be Mexico's call in that scenario.

As to this latest idiocy (http://www.examiner.com/article/christian-extremists-advocate-kidnapping-women-who-seek-abortions), just another extremist club being exposed as whackadoodles. In a sane society they'd be no more than objects of ridicule; in the US there are too many others (some in public office) who actually agree with them.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +297/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Texas again.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »
I'm surprised they don't kidnap them now, force them to have the baby and then kill the mother in what, I would assume, they'd consider "justifiable homicide".

People like that don't tend to wait for laws.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.