Author Topic: Obama weakness.  (Read 276 times)

Online Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Obama weakness.
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »
Seems the Republicans are upset that Obama pardoned 2 turkeys.  They think military action should have been taken against them.  They are calling Obama soft and not showing leadership.  How can we trust that these turkeys won't violate the agreement?  Vote GOP in 2014. ;)

Oh, and FOX is calling this outrageous.  Even though they did not complain when Bush pardoned turkeys.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
Re: Obama weakness.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:18:51 PM by Antidote »
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
Wait, wut?

Can the GOP get any more ridiculous?

Link:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/27/obama-set-to-pardon-two-turkeys-for-thanksgiving-but-history-warns-their-days/
I am absolutely sure that they can get way more ridiculous. And we will see it over the next 3 years.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +42/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »
I am waiting for 2016 when they eat each other in the primaries.

My main worry is that they will choose a nut to run against Hillary. If the ACA fails or turns into something monstrous and people get sick and tired of the Dems message or lose faith in the Dems party we might end up with a nutty right wing president.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
Ted Cruz vs Hilary Clinton = 358 Clinton, 180 Cruz
Chris Christie vs Hilary Clinton = 252 Clinton, 286 Christie

Chris Christie is their best hope. There's enough stupid Democrats who would vote for him, and plenty of Independents.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +42/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Christie has to make it through a primary first. 
Then he has to have votes from the uninformed who just won’t vote for a fat guy.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
I  have learned that where Fox news and the Republicans associated with it are concerned: there is no bottom of the barrel.

You would think this is a physical impossibility, but it seems to be true.  The Fox news barrel if placed on level ground would have a bottom that not only continues all the way through the earth, but out past the lunar orbit and indeed beyond the outer boundary of the solar system.  The current theory is that they're living an alternate bizarro universe where up is down, wrong is right and money is morality.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
Oh, and FOX is calling this outrageous.  Even though they did not complain when Bush pardoned turkeys.

That's because Bush was a turkey.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »
I  have learned that where Fox news and the Republicans associated with it are concerned: there is no bottom of the barrel.

You would think this is a physical impossibility, but it seems to be true.  The Fox news barrel if placed on level ground would have a bottom that not only continues all the way through the earth, but out past the lunar orbit and indeed beyond the outer boundary of the solar system.  The current theory is that they're living an alternate bizarro universe where up is down, wrong is right and money is morality.

Fear is an extraordinarily good motivator for false beliefs, both religious and political wise (such as fear of commie taxes or big government!). It's Thanksgiving and I'm 'hanging out' with my family who are almost all Republican (minus my brother, his wife, and her parents who are not). Yes, I have a pretty big family and it's crazy b/c I used to be a GOP member myself! That is, until I realized that I want to live in a cooperative society where 'smart' people don't get to get rich and step all over everyone else, the environment, and hoard all of the resources to themselves and their mansions. Apparently Christian GOP members think this Ayn Rand scenario is 'American' like apple-pie and must (by default) be about freedom.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan