Author Topic: Facebook trash  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
Re: Facebook trash
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
But that is false because words mean things. As soon as you say "spaghetti", you are implying something material.

As soon as you say "God", you are implying something immaterial.

Incorrect. Your version of "God." However, in the bible, God is a physical being. He sits upon his throne that sits upon the solid dome[1] that makes up the sky. He looks down upon us and we appear the size of grasshoppers to him. When they started building the Tower of Babel God became frightened that man would invade heaven and kill him, so he confounded the languages.

The whole "immaterial" concept is the exact same as this:

The Greek Gods are real and they have thier godcity on the very top of Mt Olympus. One day, some daring adventurer actually climbs Mt Olympus to visit the gods and finds that it is a typical mountain peak devoid of any godcity. So an apologetic explains that he didn't visit the "real" Mt Olympus, the godcity is in another dimension where we normal humans cannot see it. Just as what happened to the Greek gods, has happened to your god. One day, everyone on this planet will think the same thing about your god, as you and everyone thinks about the Greek gods... pure Mythology.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edit:

Addendum: An All-Powerful, All-Knowing, All-Loving God... Afraid of us puny limited humans killing him. Yet, we can build stuff today that dwarfs the mud and brick tower Nimrod and his ilk tried to build. Not only is God unable to confound the languages any more... we have the Rosetta Stone, people that are Bi/Multi-lingual, (on/offline) translators. Guess God has reason to be afraid of us, we beat him at every turn.

Remember the parable:

The farmer must let the weeds and crops grow together because if he removes the weeds, he will harm the crops, so he waits and upon harvest he gathers the weeds and burns them. Guess what humans can do that God the All-Powerful cannot? Hint: Has to do with removal of weeds without killing/harming crops.
 1. that's what a firmament is.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:29:48 PM by Ivellios »

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
I have nothing but love for you and you guys on this website.
A strange idea of love, that. A little creepy too. Nothing like some random stranger on the internet claiming to love me - yuck.
Not to toot my own horn, but even magicmiles has come to my defense saying that I have been very Christlike in the face of all the hatred. This should count for something.
Why?
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »
But that is false because words mean things. As soon as you say "spaghetti", you are implying something material.

Incorrect. Your version of "God." However, in the bible, God is a physical being. He sits upon his throne that sits upon the solid dome[1] that makes up the sky. He looks down upon us and we appear the size of grasshoppers to him. When they started building the Tower of Babel God became frightened that man would invade heaven and kill him, so he confounded the languages.

The Greek Gods are real and they have thier godcity on the very top of Mt Olympus. One day, some daring adventurer actually climbs Mt Olympus to visit the gods and finds that it is a typical mountain peak devoid of any godcity. So an appologetic explains that he didn't visit the "real" Mt Olympus, the godcity is in another dimension where we normal humans cannot see it. Just as what happened to the Greek gods, has happened to your god. One day, everyone on this planet will think the same thing about your god, as you and everyone thinks about the Greek gods... pure Mythology.

Fallacy.

Just because people think the Greek gods are myths doesn't mean Yahweh is a myth.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »

Not to toot my own horn, but even magicmiles has come to my defense saying that I have been very Christlike in the face of all the hatred. This should count for something.
Why?

Because I can compare his conduct with my own. In terms of responding in the face of insults, it is much more Christ-like.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:09 PM »

The Greek Gods are real and they have thier godcity on the very top of Mt Olympus. One day, some daring adventurer actually climbs Mt Olympus to visit the gods and finds that it is a typical mountain peak devoid of any godcity. So an appologetic explains that he didn't visit the "real" Mt Olympus, the godcity is in another dimension where we normal humans cannot see it. Just as what happened to the Greek gods, has happened to your god. One day, everyone on this planet will think the same thing about your god, as you and everyone thinks about the Greek gods... pure Mythology.

Fallacy.

Just because people think the Greek gods are myths doesn't mean Yahweh is a myth.

Except he wasn't equivocating so no fallacy was committed, he was using an example.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Fallacy.

6 Billion people on this planet think YHWH is a myth. Has just as much proof as Zeus, Thor, Allah, Krishna, Annunaki, etc. Natlegend asked before how you are able to tell with specific proof that your god is the real god and proof that they are not... but you kept whining that, "All you gotta do is believe in Jesus and do what he says. I cannot get any simpler than that!" Which of course, doesn't answer the question at all.

Don't be saying "fallacy" when your god ranks up there with leprechauns, ghosts, Allah, vampires and many many more.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »
Fallacy.

6 Billion people on this planet think YHWH is a myth. Has just as much proof as Zeus, Thor, Allah, Krishna, Annunaki, etc. Natlegend asked before how you are able to tell with specific proof that your god is the real god and proof that they are not... but you kept whining that, "All you gotta do is believe in Jesus and do what he says. I cannot get any simpler than that!" Which of course, doesn't answer the question at all.

Don't be saying "fallacy" when your god ranks up there with leprechauns, ghosts, Allah, vampires and many many more.

because there is only one God. Polytheism is a sham. Ever try having more than one Captain on a ship? it isn't pretty.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »
^^^It's hard to be sure isn't it? Especially since he finally stopped with all the demon nonsense.

I'm going with troll for the time being, until he either implodes or confesses.

He hasn't stopped.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
because there is only one God.

and Mohammed is his prophet. He gives us his words in the Holy Quran, Allah the Merciful.

Edit:

You believe in God, already quoted part of the Holy Scripture. Allah is trying to work thru you but the Dijin has taken you over. Because of this, you're already muslim in your heart. You must submit to him and call yourself Muslim or face the unfortunate consequences. Because once you've heard of Allah, you're no longer innocent.

Edit: I added it, saw that I was +1 for the un-edited part, removed it, then saw I was quoted the full thing. So I re-added it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:30:32 PM by Ivellios »

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »

Why?

Because I can compare his conduct with my own. In terms of responding in the face of insults, it is much more Christ-like.

Other than calling him on his BS, what insults have we thrown at him? (Other than Nam, you people tend to target him)

I've, admittedly, called him a dishonest tard, but that's the only instance I can think of for myself.

EDIT:
Clarifying for Nam's sake.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:23:48 PM by Antidote »
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »

and Mohammed is his prophet. He gives us his words in the Holy Quran, Allah the Merciful.

LOL! You are a funny guy!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
I have nothing but love for you and you guys on this website.
A strange idea of love, that. A little creepy too. Nothing like some random stranger on the internet claiming to love me - yuck.
Why?

I love you, Jag.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2013, 09:09:46 PM »
^^^It's hard to be sure isn't it? Especially since he finally stopped with all the demon nonsense.

He hasn't stopped.

-Nam

Calling someone a troll is the last resort of the defeated.

Besides, why does it automatically mean that if someone has different beliefs they are a troll?

Attack the argument, not the man, please.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »

You believe in God, already quoted part of the Holy Scripture. Allah is trying to work thru you but the Dijin has taken you over. Because of this, you're already muslim in your heart. You must submit to him and call yourself Muslim or face the unfortunate consequences. Because once you've heard of Allah, you're no longer innocent.

You forgot to say, "peace be upon him". Blasphemor!

;)

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

Why?

Other than calling him on his BS, what insults have we thrown at him? (Other than Nam)

I've, admittedly, called him a dishonest tard, but that's the only instance I can think of for myself.

He's been referred to as 'Septc' countless times. I don't have time or the inclination to seek out every example.

Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:47 PM »

Why?

Other than calling him on his BS, what insults have we thrown at him? (Other than Nam)

median calls him "sceptic" all the time. Others call him names, too. Don't think I am alone when it comes to skeptic.

-Nam

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »

You forgot to say, "peace be upon him". Blasphemor!

;)

-Nam

Critical thinking skills, guys! Cmon!

jesus said "it is finished" on the cross when he gave up the ghost. How could Muhammad be a prophet if everything was finished?

Sheesh. This is so simple.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »

He hasn't stopped.

-Nam

Besides, why does it automatically mean that if someone has different beliefs they are a troll?

Do the same, please. The projection here is huge, also please read this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

---

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »

He hasn't stopped.

-Nam

That is not my intention though. I wish to spark conversation, not disruption. Why do you view it as disruption?

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »

He hasn't stopped.

-Nam

That is not my intention though. I wish to spark conversation, not disruption. Why do you view it as disruption?

Because you derail, and refuse to address the issue at hand. Everytime someone argues against your point you introduce something equally asinine to further derail.

---

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
skeptic,

Because you put your hands over your ears, close your eyes and run around this forum going, "I am right, I am right!" with no evidence to back up anything you say.

-Nam

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:35 PM »

LOL! You are a funny guy!

Though I do not believe it, I've had a Muslim try to convert me. I did not convert to Islam for the same reason I did not join those JWs that used to visit my house weekly, and for the same reason I lost my faith. Remember though, One Billion people do believe it. They have the same reason to believe the Quran as you do the Bible.

It's a shame you took it as a joke instead of in earnest. I try to roleplay as that Muslim because that way you can see it from the other side instead of just you surrounded by a bunch of atheists.

Edit: removed redundancy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:26:40 PM by Ivellios »

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
Because you derail, and refuse to address the issue at hand. Everytime someone argues against your point you introduce something equally asinine to further derail.

I am very sorry you feel this way. It is not my intention. I mentioned in another thread that I am fighting a metaphorical 56 on 1 battle. So many things get "lost in the sauce" so to speak.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »

I am very sorry you feel this way. It is not my intention. I mentioned in another thread that I am fighting a metaphorical 56 on 1 battle. So many things get "lost in the sauce" so to speak.

Except you're doing it right now, get back on point.

---

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »

Nothing gets lost. You're just an idiot.

-Nam

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »
skeptic,

Because you put your hands over your ears, close your eyes and run around this forum going, "I am right, I am right!" with no evidence to back up anything you say.

-Nam

please define "evidence," Nam. Is it only collected through the senses?

So what was the universe like with no senses around to experience it? Everything we know is only defined by minds. Without minds, what can one know?

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +57/-452
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2013, 09:24:33 PM »
Nothing gets lost. You're just an idiot.

-Nam

Cmon, Nam! Can't we stop this?

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
skeptic,

-Nam

please define "evidence," Nam. Is it only collected through the senses?

So what was the universe like with no senses around to experience it? Everything we know is only defined by minds. Without minds, what can one know?

https://www.google.com/#q=Evidence What do you have to provide?

---

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »

Uh huh. But it appears as if you are exploiting the 56 on 1 battle, by answering the easiest questions. We've seen this done before by theists, so you are not a pioneer.

At least when Miles ducks out of questions, he says he has some work to do. You keep on going, as if you think you aren't losing face.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.