Author Topic: Facebook trash  (Read 3940 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
Facebook trash
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:38:08 PM »
For those of you on facebook, you might like to check out the latest hate-filled 'christian' page.  Just go to 'atheism is Murder' and enjoy. I was banned and my comments deleted after just one hour. Lets see if we can't bombard this guy with reason.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Facebook trash
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »
For those of you on facebook, you might like to check out the latest hate-filled 'christian' page.  Just go to 'atheism is Murder' and enjoy. I was banned and my comments deleted after just one hour. Lets see if we can't bombard this guy with reason.

This is a perfect example of what I was explaining to you guys. You see how you said that this guy is "hate-filled?" Christians aren't hate-filled. This is how you know this guy is not a Christian.

Even the atheists know when someone isn't acting like Christ.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:44:40 AM »
Oh, so this guy isn't a onetruechristian. How in hell can you tell each other apart? FWI, I have NEVER been religious, does that make me a onetrueatheist, or am I just deluded? Please tell, I'd really like to know...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:37 AM »

This is a perfect example of what I was explaining to you guys. You see how you said that this guy is "hate-filled?" Christians aren't hate-filled. This is how you know this guy is not a Christian.

You are disobeying your own theology.

Matthew 7:1-2
Judge not, that ye be not judged.2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »
Oh, so this guy isn't a onetruechristian. How in hell can you tell each other apart? FWI, I have NEVER been religious, does that make me a onetrueatheist, or am I just deluded? Please tell, I'd really like to know...

When you see hate spewed like that, do you honestly think he's following Jesus?

Even atheists have said things like, "I'm sure jesus is really happy with you" when someone spews out hate. This shows that even atheists know there is a standard for being Christians.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:09 AM »

Even atheists have said things like, "I'm sure jesus is really happy with you" when someone spews out hate. This shows that even atheists know there is a standard for being Christians.

No, this is taking a standard set by the Christians and using it against you to highlight your hypocrisy and double standards.
Personally, my standards of Jesus are pretty damn low. I mean, if he's supposed to be part of the God hydra, then he's a prick by proxy.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »

You are making another really bad assumption (as always). Non-believers in your religion do not always know of your "standard". There are thousands of different sects of Christianity and they all disagree with each other. We do not need to bother about getting involved in your sectarian quarrels. You act as if everyone just knows what is "Christian" and what is not, but that's not our job!

So the answer is no. You can make all the arguments you want about what a 'true' Christian is but that is your interpretation and lots of Christians will disagree with you. Really, there is no one Christianity. There are only Christianities (pl).

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 05:09:39 AM »

The only standard in being a Christian is accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour so I have been told by countless Christians online and off. If that guy isn't a True Christian™, than neither neither are you. I have read similar "hate" by you on here.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:47:54 AM »
Jesus? Ain't that the guy who once threw a tantrum, constructed a weapon, beat people with it and robbed them of their livelihoods?
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
How do we know the "one true Christian"?  Sometimes God is an angry God.  Maybe the angry Christian is doing His will.  Just so hard to tell.  If only we had "clear" instructions on how to be a "One true Christian". ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »

Not honestly, but then, honestly, we don't see any Christians following Jesus.

Acts 4-5 says that you should all live in a commune.

I even know one that goes around to Catholic churches and gets kicked out in 2 minutes, because of his inability to follow Paul's teachings.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »

Sez you. If he says he's a christian, who are you to claim he's not?
Which time? Christ did a lot of stuff, and some of it is pretty ugly. Read your bible.
natlegend said it well:
Oh, so this guy isn't a onetruechristian. How in hell can you tell each other apart?
I've asked this question repeatedly, and several times, I've asked YOU directly. You still haven't answered me. The only requirement to claim that one is a christian is to "accept Jesus as your savior". What makes you so sure he hasn't done exactly that? None of you have even managed to explain to mean what the hell that nonsense even means!
Yes, I do.

I also think that the good folks at Westboro Baptist would like to meet him. They seem to share a similar interpretation of that book you all say you follow.

It probably means the person being spoken to has just said something painfully stupid, or really hypocritical, or completely misguided, or...well, you get the point. It's not necessarily a standard of behavior we think you are supposed to uphold, it could be us making fun of you. Remember our conversation about Jesus and lying? Specifically, YOUR lying?

You might be a bit... much, but I'm pretty sure you're not actually stupid so can you please stop the nonsense? Since it appears you have no intention of finding some other people to bug, can you at least stop being such a ridiculous fake?
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

Seriously? I find this statement shocking.

if someone says he's a bachelor and he's married, do you believe him?

if someone says he's black, but he's white, do you believe him?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
I've asked this question repeatedly, and several times, I've asked YOU directly. You still haven't answered me. The only requirement to claim that one is a christian is to "accept Jesus as your savior". What makes you so sure he hasn't done exactly that? None of you have even managed to explain to mean what the hell that nonsense even means!

Yes, that is the requirement. HOWEVER, the Bible says that you will know them by their fruits. A good tree does not bear bad fruit and a bad tree does not bear good fruit.

This guy CLAIMS he's Christian but his actions suggest he has not let Jesus into his heart, considering he is so full of hate. His tree bears bad fruit. Faith without works is DEAD as roadkill.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Oh I see. You really do intend to continue being a complete waste of everyone's time. Got it.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Oh I see. You really do intend to continue being a complete waste of everyone's time. Got it.

I am sorry if you feel it's a waste, but to me it's a great analogy.

There is a standard for being Christian and it's in the Bible. Why do you think Jesus told us to be aware of false prophets and that he will say "I never knew ye!" to them on judgment day?

Offline Jontom10

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
There is a standard for being Christian and it's in the Bible. Why do you think Jesus told us to be aware of false prophets and that he will say "I never knew ye!" to them on judgment day?

Ok.

So which version of Christianity and which Bible ?

The first version of Christianity is the Roman Catholic Church which has been modified over the centuries, after being created by the romans 1700+ years ago, to ensure greater power and profit. The 2nd version is the Church of England (created by a King so he could tell the Pope to fuck off and do what he wanted) after that I think there is something like 38000+ tax free companies, or churches/ministries as you may know them, that all have a slightly different version. The King James bible is on its umpteenth version or revision. The Jehovahs Witness wrote their own to fit their own SPAG.

Which version of Christianity and which Bible do you refer to ?

Hasa Diga Eebowai

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »

This is called the fallacy of a False Analogy. You cannot compare being married with determining who is Christian, and again it isn't our job to do so! If they say they are Christian (i.e. - believe in Jesus etc) that is all that we need. Marriage is demonstrable btw and your Yahweh thing is not. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges. Think logically! lol.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »

I am sorry if you feel it's a waste, but to me it's a great analogy.

I don't accept the claim that an alleged 'Jesus' said those things (as it's hear-say 70+ yrs after, there are no contemporary accounts, and old texts are not sufficient to establish supernatural claims).

That bible is not as 'cut n dry' as you want to make it out to be. Thousands of Christians disagree with your INTERPRETATION! That is what it boils down to - and it's not our job to quibble along with you people about who is in and who is out. As far as I'm concerned, there are no 'true' Christians b/c none of you perform Mark 16 and John 14, the miraculous stuff written in there is a myth, and the book contradicts itself all over the place.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »

Yes, that is the requirement. HOWEVER, the Bible says that you will know them by their fruits. A good tree does not bear bad fruit and a bad tree does not bear good fruit.

This guy CLAIMS he's Christian but his actions suggest he has not let Jesus into his heart, considering he is so full of hate. His tree bears bad fruit. Faith without works is DEAD as roadkill.

How many 'good' fruits does it take to be a 'good person'? How many 'bad' fruits does it take to be a bad person? Are 'real' Christians sinless? Do they not do bad things anymore? You are in no position to judge. Read Matthew 7:1-3 dude. It makes no difference what YOUR interpretation of the bible is b/c another Christian will come along and quote another passage that contradicts you. That's b/c the bible itself is contradictory (and that's b/c it was written by men - not by some 'perfect' God thing).

The bible writers were just plain wrong in their flawed black/white thinking of 'good person/bad person'.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +376/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 01:47:35 PM »

I do not have kids, but if God told me to sacrifice one of them, I would do it.
Your tree bears some pretty bad fruit too, considering that you're totally OK with murdering a child just because a super-being tells you to.  Guess we can ignore your claims of being a true Christian.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

You do have a point. You say you're a "skeptic", and we all know that's a load of shit.

But you do know you just ended your own argument with such a statement. Just because you say you are a Christian, doesn't mean you are.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »
There is a standard for being Christian and it's in the Bible.

Correct. It says that you should follow all of Jewish law, and anyone who preaches otherwise will go to hell.

Why do you think Jesus told us to be aware of false prophets...

This guy on Facebook is not a prophet, but Paul convinced the Catholic church that he was.

It is reputed that false prophets would fool the elect, like Paul did. This guy couldn't fool a dog turd.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »
BTW, I posted on that guy's wall, and he assured me that he was all bout tolerance and truth, etc.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 02:25:13 AM »

You do have a point. You say you're a "skeptic", and we all know that's a load of shit.

But you do know you just ended your own argument with such a statement. Just because you say you are a Christian, doesn't mean you are.

-Nam

You seem to completely miss his point. Skeptic doesn't expect to be considered a Christian by simply saying so. If his actions or if other evidence countered his claim he was a Christian, then you might have a case in saying he wasn't a Christian. From where I sit, he has been astoundingly Christ-like in the face of constant abuse and ridicule.

And you have absolutely no case in questioning whether he's a skeptic. He's just skeptical of different claims than you.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 03:16:18 AM »

-Nam

You seem to completely miss his point. Skeptic doesn't expect to be considered a Christian by simply saying so. If his actions or if other evidence countered his claim he was a Christian, then you might have a case in saying he wasn't a Christian. From where I sit, he has been astoundingly Christ-like in the face of constant abuse and ridicule.

And you have absolutely no case in questioning whether he's a skeptic. He's just skeptical of different claims than you.

Where did I say he wasn't a Christian? If he finds the guy in the video to not be a Christian then how is HE one? If you know a person isn't a Christian based on HIS criteria then how is HE a Christian? This is HIS opinion (which HE sees as absolute fact). Not mine.

So, you miss the point. See, to skeptic--if you are not a Christian in the sense that HE is a Christian, then YOU are not a Christian.

I have no idea why you defend this guy all the time unless you want to be the type of Christian he is? and if so--you're going to soon be ridiculed to the same extent.

I didn't miss his point because he doesn't have one; and every time you defend his nonsense you lose less and less respect that I have for you. I already don't like you but that doesn't mean I hold no respect for you.

And he doesn't get ridiculed by most or all of us because he's a Christian, he gets ridiculed for the nonsense he says, the constant lies he tells, the dodging of infinite questions asked of him, the constant changing of subjects, replying nonsense to questions that do not even come close to what was stated in the first place, and the obvious disdain he has for everyone that isn't him.

You can keep defending him but he doesn't care: in his mind you're going to hell just like we are.

Keep on defending him and I will see you the same as I see him.

-Nam
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:17:55 AM by Nam »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 03:45:04 AM »

Where did I say he wasn't a Christian?

Nowhere. Likewise, nowhere did I accuse you of saying that, although I can see how it could be interpreted that way. If you read my post carefully you will see that I was suggesting a circumstance in which you might legitimately question his Christianity. I can do that without necessarily accusing you of currently questioning it illegitimately. But, again, i can see how it could be construed that way.

If he finds the guy in the video to not be a Christian then how is HE one?

You're ignoring the reason he gives for making that assertion. Skeptic is saying that the facebook author, by his actions, is contradicting any claims he makes about trying to live a Christ-like life. Skeptic is claiming that his actions (Skeptics) do not contradict his claims about living a Christ-like life. And as much as its possible to judge somebodys actions by forum posts, i agree with him

If you know a person isn't a Christian based on HIS criteria then how is HE a Christian? This is HIS opinion (which HE sees as absolute fact).

It isn't just Skeptics opinion and criteria though. It's a sound biblical principle, and as Skeptic demonstrated, a sound everyday-life principle also.

See, to skeptic--if you are not a Christian in the sense that HE is a Christian, then YOU are not a Christian.

That's bollocks. He doesn't claim that at all.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:59:55 AM by magicmiles »
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 04:28:56 AM »
mm,

Skeptic says:

Christians aren't hate-filled. This is how you know this guy is not a Christian.

This is an opinion.

There is a standard for being Christian and it's in the Bible.

Also an opinion.

Skeptic sees both as facts. Which is fine. However, clearly he's saying the guy in the video is not a Christian based on both quotes. He's saying the guy in the video is not a Christian because he says so. Not because what is actually in the Bible. Jesus espouses hateful things in the Bible, he also espouses loving and just things. How does skeptic know that the guy in the video doesn't also praise the loving things in the Bible? You talk about "judging"; isn't skeptic judging the guy in the video, it seems, solely of what is just in the video, and concluding from that alone that he is not a Christian without first knowing all about the person? What the guy says is irrelevant without the "whole" of his views rather than just one, no?

Skeptic doesn't live by the Bible, only his version of it. The same as you, and 99.8% of all other Christians. He's a contradictory hypocrite, and so are you.

-Nam

Online Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »
See, to skeptic--if you are not a Christian in the sense that HE is a Christian, then YOU are not a Christian.
That's bollocks. He doesn't claim that at all.

mm, based off skeptic's post history he believes the following:

1. Any sect of Christianity which has a church building is a demonic lead false denomination.
2. Any church which passes an offering plate is a false sect.
3. All practicing Catholics are false Christians.
4. All Mormons are false Christians.
5. All the ex-Christians here (like myself) were all probably duped by a false sect (which in my case was Southern Baptist).

Most of the churches I attended during my Christian years had buildings with roofs and passed offering plates. So I guess that eliminates most Baptists as true Christians. Are you in the same false Christian boat as me? Probably, but feel free to ask him yourself.  skeptic has racked up over 800 posts but hasn't been the slightest bit clear on which denomination (if any) is the real Christianity, other than his own personal Christianity of course. Who makes the cut? Who doesn't? What if they don't attend mass under a roof? Do they make it? What about the Quakers? The Methodists? Do Christian Scientists get a pass? The Apostolic Assemblies? Latter-day Saints? The Seventh Day Adventists? His answers are too vague to piece the true Christian puzzle together.

I went ahead and looked over his post history. See if you can understand his beliefs and who he considers a true Christian, other than himself. If you can, get back to me:

• [...] Plenty of people think they are worshiping God, but they are following a false religion. Since I am not following a false religion, I am not one of those people that the verse is speaking about. This is just the way it is. I have lead many people away from their false churches. I can only be the messenger.
  • You're not understanding this though. I already explained that demons create false religions to deceive people and jesus warned us about it.
    There is only one Christianity, which is following Jesus. The other sects that build churches are demonic in nature. Most of these churches have collection plates and DEMAND your money in order to be saved. Salvation is not something that needs to be paid for. Corrupt leaders want this money to live their materialistic life. It is the doctrine of demons. They need you to believe salvation costs money and needs to be earned because THEY need the money. God doesn't need money.
    All you have to do is accept Jesus' sacrifice and live through Him.
  • it is not just me claiming they are false. Look up the Satanic symbols used at churches. The Catholics especially have satanic symbols all over the place. Look at the Vatican. Obelisk (a satanic symbol) is HUGE at the Vatican.
    The mormons have satanic imagery on their temple as well. Part of satanic freemasonry.
    Look up on google. Plenty of images showing the raging satanic activity going on.
  • [...] You guys were probably duped by the false doctrines as well when you used to be believers. It's easy to wake up and realize your doctrines are false, and then apply that same reasoning to Christianity as a whole. Had you guys been deep into the faith where God has proven Himself to you, you would still be Christian.
  • I told you guys that I have even lead people away from their false churches once I pointed out all the Satanic imagery to them. One of them even asked me, "How could I have been so foolish?" and started crying. I told them that it's not their fault and some people just don't do the research to find out if what they believe is true or not.

• A Catholic also broke down when I showed them the symbol of Baal that priests use on their garments. he said, "Right in front of my nose this whole time and I had no idea. It's hidden in plain sight."
  • False Christians are out in full force these days. They are like wolves in sheep's clothing.
    Their mouths say Jesus but their hearts say Satan.
    No true Scotsman...
    There's the problem!
    You guys claim you have Bible knowledge. If you truly did have Bible knowledge, you would know they are false Christians.
  • And lots of Christians accept evolution! Stop fighting it and go get educated on the subject. Do some homework, catch up.  [...]
    It's not my fault that certain false Christians ignore the Bible and try to mold their beliefs to the world around them.
  • ParkngPlaces,

Your question was answered in reply #10

No, I was talking about variation in christianity. Answer #10 was about variations among all religions. I'm asking why one bible, on religion, comes in so many flavors. And why those differences go beyond denominations and go so far as to be absolutely individual interpretations in some cases. Yours, for instance.

Nor did you answer how someone interested in becoming a christian can pick the right version.

My long screeds don't go away that easily.

It's very simple. You read Jesus' words and you follow them and believe He is your savior and repent of your sins. There's lots of false prophets out there that deceive people into believing stuff that isn't found in the Bible.

As a simple example, nothing about Catholicism is in the Bible. You can see it for yourself. Don't take my word for it.
  • Hmm. I asked him that about a week ago and he ignored it. I wonder if he'll answer you?
    The truth of the matter is that I have been to every Catholic Church in my area but as soon as I tell them, "I want to tell you guys about your false religion," they tell me to leave.
    Just goes to show how some people refuse to listen to the truth.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos