Author Topic: I am Malala  (Read 605 times)

Offline shnozzola

I am Malala
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
Good, important  PBS interview with Malala.

Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani schoolgirl, became well-known in 2009 when she wrote a series of published diary articles about the right to education, especially for girls.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/10/malala-says-assassination-threats-cant-weaken-her-cause.html

At 16, Malala Yousafzai would have become the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, if she had been awarded it Friday. In addition, she would have been the youngest winner ever of a Nobel Prize in any category.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/world/europe/nobel-peace-prize-speculation-malala/

When the Taliban took control of the Swat Valley, one girl spoke out. Malala Yousafzai refused to be silenced and fought for her right to an education.

On Tuesday October 9, 2012, she almost paid the ultimate price. When she was shot in the head at point blank range while riding the bus home from school, few expected her to survive.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17851885-i-am-malala

If there was a god, this young lady is who he would fight for.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:04:09 PM by shnozzola »
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: I am Malala
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:42:14 PM »
That girl has more courage and moral integrity than any hundred Teabaggers and their congressional bootlickers.

No insult to Ms. Yousafzai intended; just struck by the contrast.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
She should never return to that **** hole.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Keyofdoor

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »
I love how muslims say that God is merciful and kind and that Islam means peace, and then this shit happens.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:23:23 AM by Keyofdoor »

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
A very peaceful and loving religion praise allah equality for all.
And the best way to show the infidels is to shoot this girl and deny equality and education. Praise allah the merciful and the great

You can't be serious, please tell me you're not serious.

Also, hats off to this wonderful girl, I hope she keeps on fighting for whats right.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline Keyofdoor

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:16:45 AM »
And the best way to show the infidels is to shoot this girl and deny equality and education. Praise allah the merciful and the great

Also, hats off to this wonderful girl, I hope she keeps on fighting for whats right.
If I were serious I would have written in all caps.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:21:59 AM »

Writing in ALL CAPS is yelling, not being serious. Idiot.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Keyofdoor

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:29:26 AM »

Writing in ALL CAPS is yelling, not being serious. Idiot.

-Nam
Sorry, didn't mean all caps, I meant if I were serious I would have capitalized "Allah".

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
You have to be 100% clear on what you mean, don't rely on people understanding you. MAKE them understand you.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »
If one has a long post-history on a forum, and the locals know who you are, some sarcasm can be understood properly.  All bets are off when you're new.  Unfortunate.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:58 PM »
^^ Yep. With nearly 12,000 posts, Azdgari has no need of the emotion icons.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Za69

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »
Any free spaces without CIA and Mossad,they always demolish towers and blame people's who never Evan Sean towers,Malala is another tower did by pakies and CIA

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:20 AM »
Any free spaces without CIA and Mossad,they always demolish towers and blame people's who never Evan Sean towers,Malala is another tower did by pakies and CIA

Welcome to the forum, Za69.

It's not clear what you mean. Are you blaming the CIA for assaulting Ms. Yousafzai? If so, do you have evidence of that?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »

It's not clear what you mean. Are you blaming the CIA for assaulting Ms. Yousafzai? If so, do you have evidence of that?

I think he's a truther actually, one of those clowns that think that 9/11 was an inside job.

---

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »

I think he's a truther actually, one of those clowns that think that 9/11 was an inside job.
I think we can conclude safely that it was terrorists at the helm of the aircraft,but to pull it off shows there has to be some help inside or that the USA could be attacked from within much easier than we thought and are just that inept.  Imagine if they were attacking nuclear targets instead of "commercial" ones?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)