Author Topic: The Religious "Ask Skeptic" Thread (With Apology To The Atheists)  (Read 12254 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +700/-28
  • Karma mooch
Re: The Religious "Ask Skeptic" Thread (With Apology To The Atheists)
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2014, 04:29:06 PM »
Sorry about this mess. :-\

let me know if I fixed it.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »

But if I told you, "Please prove that the Bible is NOT the Word of God," you would scream, "Unfair! Prove it is the Word of God!"

But, it's fair to say "Prove uniformitarianism wrong" instead of saying "Prove it right?"

Something is a miss here and doesn't quite add up on the fairness scale....

Yes, that's right. Something doesn't add up here and that something is your capacity to reason properly.

The burden of proof is on you on both accounts. Demonstrate how you think you know your bible is "The Word of God" and also how you think you know that natural law, and the natural order of our universe, was not as we now experience it (aka - that it changed uniformity at some point in the past).
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +104/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #466 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »

But if I told you, "Please prove that the Bible is NOT the Word of God," you would scream, "Unfair! Prove it is the Word of God!"

But, it's fair to say "Prove uniformitarianism wrong" instead of saying "Prove it right?"

Something is a miss here and doesn't quite add up on the fairness scale....

On the contrary many have already come to the conclusion that the bible is NOT the word of any god, and they would be very happy to tell you why.

First, why would a genuine god base a religion on fake documents and with false and contradictory information ?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips