Author Topic: The Religious "Ask Skeptic" Thread (With Apology To The Atheists)  (Read 10047 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Religious "Ask Skeptic" Thread (With Apology To The Atheists)
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2013, 05:03:38 AM »
Trying to consolidate my questions:

I understand you see the Bible as being the divinely inspired inerrant word of God.  Is this understanding a matter of faith or a matter of fact?

Ever curious,

OldChurchGuy

To me, it's solid fact. To the atheists, it's not.

Just like how evolution atheists is solid fact, but to me it's not solid fact and filled with flaws and holes.

Same evidence, different conclusions. But, the Bible said people wouldn't believe it and Christians would be persecuted so the Bible has evidence to back up its claims. Christians are living proof.

Yea, you're the guy who said that there is less evidence for evolution than you expected, but you never explained how much you expected, or what it would look like or anything. You just made a blanket statement, backed it up with your street cred, and walked away.

Seven or eight hundred posts later and you still assume we know what you're talking about. You assume we understand what you're talking about even though if you were to start beating around the bush it would be a great improvement. Your idea of an intellectual conversation is one where you act smart and the rest of us shut up and listen.

OldChurchGuy consistently tells us what he thinks/believes and why he thinks/believes it, and he does it in a way that makes no claim of absolute truth. He merely states his side of the story in a civilized manner without taking on airs of incredible superiority.

We would love it if you would wind down enough to start taking only an air of incredible superiority. That would be such an improvement.

I'm not sure if it was you, but someone on this board said that all theists were illogical and childish. Ergo, they think OldChurchGuy is illogical and childish.

You may not smite him, but he knows what you guys think of him anyway.

Oh, so one or more atheists agree with that therefore all atheists agree with that. I hate to break it to you but we're not all of one mind. We're not the Borg.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2013, 05:34:58 AM »
Dear dodgey-dippy-divey (aka Skeptic), you have just labelled all atheists as being the same. It would stand to reason then, that all Christians are the same. You are no longer the prescious butterfly you claim to be, you are now one of 'them', a disgusting perverted child molestor who preaches hell and brimstone, all the while taking from the collection plate so you can buy the latest computer in order to spew your demonic vomit on this website.

Not much fun being generalised, is it? Then don't generalise atheists. AND NEVER, EVER, GENERALISE OLDCHURCH GUY. He is a respected and intelligent member of this forum, and the people here will not take kindly to you slandering him.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:37:21 AM by natlegend »
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »
Trying to consolidate my questions:

I understand you see the Bible as being the divinely inspired inerrant word of God.  Is this understanding a matter of faith or a matter of fact?

Ever curious,

OldChurchGuy

To me, it's solid fact. To the atheists, it's not.

Just like how evolution atheists is solid fact, but to me it's not solid fact and filled with flaws and holes.

Same evidence, different conclusions. But, the Bible said people wouldn't believe it and Christians would be persecuted so the Bible has evidence to back up its claims. Christians are living proof.

Yea, you're the guy who said that there is less evidence for evolution than you expected, but you never explained how much you expected, or what it would look like or anything. You just made a blanket statement, backed it up with your street cred, and walked away.

Seven or eight hundred posts later and you still assume we know what you're talking about. You assume we understand what you're talking about even though if you were to start beating around the bush it would be a great improvement. Your idea of an intellectual conversation is one where you act smart and the rest of us shut up and listen.

OldChurchGuy consistently tells us what he thinks/believes and why he thinks/believes it, and he does it in a way that makes no claim of absolute truth. He merely states his side of the story in a civilized manner without taking on airs of incredible superiority.

We would love it if you would wind down enough to start taking only an air of incredible superiority. That would be such an improvement.

I'm not sure if it was you, but someone on this board said that all theists were illogical and childish. Ergo, they think OldChurchGuy is illogical and childish.

You may not smite him, but he knows what you guys think of him anyway.

I have been called "delusional" and "childish" more than once.  I take no offense as, from view point of most atheists, that is a correct conclusion.  Yet, I also count the people on this site among my friends because we can differ yet stay civil.  I will argue there is more love here among the atheists than on some Christian websites I have participated in. 

Going back to the original question, if the idea that the Bible is the divinely inspired inerrant word of God and is a book of fact, how does that jive with the reality that the earliest complete manuscripts for the New Testament are about 300 years after the fact and for the Old Testament about 1,000 years after the fact?  Put another way, how can one treat this as a book of fact when the original manuscripts have not been found?  Would it not make more sense for the Bible to be a book of faith?

Ever curious,

OldChurchGuy0
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +42/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
All it proves is that Satan has a really low IQ and wants to be his own boss.

LMAO

I though the devil was the most clever being of all time… He fools your Christian friends into believing all those false gods right? And demons are fallen angels that followed Lucifer’s rebellion correct? And I don’t think that Satan or his demon friends are in hell yet until revelations takes place. As the story of Job shows where Satan just wonders around everywhere and even goes up to heaven to say hello. So god allows Satan to exist and do what he wants (free will for Satan) or Satan’s fate is predetermined and controlled by god to muck up and lead his creation astray.
So does Satan have free will like we humans (supposedly do) if his fate is spelled out in revelations? Is it possible to have an omnipotent god and free will when fate seals the final chapter of your bible? Is the book of revelations not fate if it is destined to happen? Can you stop it and save the world or are we all doomed to the American Death Cult?
The whole Satan concept is a mess and makes no sense. It is laughable that you would pass off that god is benevolent and demons/Satan are the reason for evil.  And that Satan is actually some idiot who has existed for who knows how long.  Your god either controls Satan or allows him to muck up your Christian world. So either Satan is a genius underdog with free will or your god doesn’t care enough about you to get rid of him. Or your god isn’t powerful enough to get rid of him. Or maybe it’s a secret love story and god still has a place in his heart for Lucifer.

I apologize for not being fully spun up in your Fable. I can’t name all the Lord of the Rings characters either. The dwarf always stumps me. Yet Tolkien nerds don’t get all bent out of shape about it.

The more I think of it the more I believe that the “actual” story of Satan was never written. All this nonsense was taken out of a book that cast him as the bad guy. He was an angel, he didn’t like his boss so he was fired and given the boot, then he received some kind of promotion and became some kind of pure evil super being, and his story will end one day in the book of fate you call revelations.  I would love to hear his side of the story.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
I have been called "delusional" and "childish" more than once.  I take no offense as, from view point of most atheists, that is a correct conclusion.  Yet, I also count the people on this site among my friends because we can differ yet stay civil.  I will argue there is more love here among the atheists than on some Christian websites I have participated in.
At a guess, I would say it was the respect for differing ideas.  I would say most atheists don't simply assume their own ideas are correct and are thus willing to listen (and argue) about other people's ideas.  By and large, that isn't an attitude shared by many Christians.  Skeptic, for example, comes across as trying to prove his own beliefs are right and God-inspired and thus any other beliefs are wrong and demon-inspired.  That's not an attitude conducive to a reasonable discussion.  You appear to be an exception to that, and atheists respect that even if they don't think your beliefs are right.

Quote from: OldChurchGuy
Going back to the original question, if the idea that the Bible is the divinely inspired inerrant word of God and is a book of fact, how does that jive with the reality that the earliest complete manuscripts for the New Testament are about 300 years after the fact and for the Old Testament about 1,000 years after the fact?  Put another way, how can one treat this as a book of fact when the original manuscripts have not been found?  Would it not make more sense for the Bible to be a book of faith?
For that matter, we may never find the originals, especially if the stories were originally oral.  So assuming that the stories are literally true is unwise, to say the least.  People can believe that, and they can certainly tell other people that, but that's not the same thing as assuming they're true.  Assumptions don't leave room for doubt.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
At a guess, I would say it was the respect for differing ideas.  I would say most atheists don't simply assume their own ideas are correct and are thus willing to listen (and argue) about other people's ideas.  By and large, that isn't an attitude shared by many Christians.  Skeptic, for example, comes across as trying to prove his own beliefs are right and God-inspired and thus any other beliefs are wrong and demon-inspired.  That's not an attitude conducive to a reasonable discussion.  You appear to be an exception to that, and atheists respect that even if they don't think your beliefs are right.

I am curious about this.

Don't atheists think their own viewpoint is correct and everything else is wrong? You guys make fun of Christians for having "absolute truth" but you guys claim to have the "absolute truth" as well.

I'm sure I would get more respect if I came to your side and started saying things like, "Wow I was such an idiot! You guys are right! There is no God!"

I would probably be congratulated and become liked.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +87/-1
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
I think you would actually find, were you to really listen to them, that most atheists do not hold their own viewpoints as absolutes, and would be more than willing to listen to any tangible, measurable evidence of god's existence. Heck, there are probably quite a few who would love to be proven wrong--the notions of a loving creator and blissful afterlife are certainly tempting--but lacking this evidence, and finding that a bit of critical thinking seems to blow apart most religious stories at their poorly-stitched seams, they have come to an inescapable conclusion that even if there were to prove to be some sort of supreme being out there (which, all atheists not being equal, quite a good percentage of them will concede that it is, however unlikely, still possible), this being is not one which is accurately described by any single faith out there.

Old Church Guy is well-liked around here despite his religious beliefs because he will also concede that there is a possibility that he is wrong in his beliefs, but since they resonate for him, and he finds a personal comfort in them, he is not willing to jettison them on the off chance that they might prove false. He has never, to my knowledge, made any claim that someone not sharing his particular viewpoints is bound for hell.

As far as I know, he also doesn't seem to share your view regarding demons and their ubiquitous (according to you) meddling in all lives and religions, seeking constantly to lead us all astray.

Frankly, I think that this part of your theology is what rankles the most, since you are so absolutely convinced of the presence of these demons, and so adamant that only you and a seemingly very limited number of other people out there have managed to interpret the Bible correctly because of their interference, yet at the same time refuse to even consider that there is every chance that you might have, by the same definition, been led astray in some of your own interpretations of a book in which it is notoriously easy to find multiple interpretations. And that, again by the same definition, you would never know about it because they would have been successful in misguiding you.

You can't logically hold that world view and still be immune from it.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »

Satan was not created evil. He was in Heaven and chose to rebel and become pure evil. It's all in the Bible.

That makes no sense, though...If he was not created evil, there is good in him somewhere, even if he chose to rebel. My question was about empathy. Why, even (or especially) if he is suffering eternal torture for his decision, would he take pleasure in reining in countless other souls to share in it? Or is he simply harvesting those souls which do not make the cut to join him whenever he DOES end up in the pit? In which case, the question still stands. Why would a being created "good" lose all sense of empathy and want only eternal torment for as many souls as he could garner? And in any case, where does it get him? Shouldn't he, knowing the wages of rebellion, rather be pointing the way for people to avoid that?

Just watch some of those black friday videos a few times to get a depressing insight into the behaviour that an intense selfishness can produce. In my view it simply isn;t possible to over-estimate the blackness and evil which can result from mankind thinking only of himself.
So could we look at a religious rally the same way as a black friday sale? The westboroo Baptists,the Muslim's who protest a comic? the suicide bombers who kill people of the same religion? Mankind only thinking of himself in all the religious wars of the world? the starving in third world nations? I could go on and on
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »
Skeptic,can you tell the difference between a "true Christian" like you and one that has been duped by a Demon? Is it a class or a handbook? or is it as simple as those who agree with my Christian principles and POV are not demon influenced,those that disagree are(demon influenced)?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »
^^^ I've asked him something similar three times now, and I have been ignored on each occasion. I guess it's just too hard for him so he does the dodge dip and dive to avoid answering.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
When you're living in a made up world, it is hard to plan for the contingencies created by the real one. People who think they have all the answers are forced to stop both asking and answering questions, because they have no other choice. To face the world directly takes courage that their fantasy cannot produce. Hence the propensity to hide behind hollow words, which, in their tiny world, look big enough to conceal reality.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
If you have a question for me, please ask it in this thread.
I apologise, skeptic, you will have to do a bit of reading to answer the question, “What is the nature of Jesus?”
This is to help you answer:

Jesus was always there. As the Son of God He is as old as God. He, like God has no beginning and no end. He is part of the indivisible Trinity that is the One and Only True God and He always has been. And when I say "always" I mean "always"

This is from Jesus Himself:

John 17:5 “And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”

And this is confirmation that Jesus really did say that:

2nd Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The Comma JohanneumWiki is a comma (a short clause) in the First Epistle of John (1 John 5:7–8). This text is variously referred to as the Comma Johanneum, the Johannine Comma, the Heavenly Witnesses, 1 John 5:7 or 1 John v:7.

"there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one. "

And with this, Christians understood that there was created an Eternal Adult Christ who was born of a virgin. It created the difficulty of whether Christ was an immortal god at birth or became one after crucifixion.[1]

We may find an answer to Christ's nature in the Crucifixion and Resurrection:

But first, some necessary questions:
•   “Was there a Jesus Christ of the same identity as that Jesus Christ, whose existence (as opposed to concept) is described in The Bible?”
•   “Was Jesus Christ human?”

If the answer to the above is “Yes” then
•   “What is the definition of ‘death’”
•   “Did that Jesus die in the accepted sense?”

If the above is able to be answered “Yes” then,
•   “Given the climate and state of medical knowledge at the time, what length of time would be reasonable to say that such a death was normally irreversible?”
•   “Was there some point at which Jesus Christ was no longer able to be described as ‘Dead’?”
•   “At the point at which Jesus Christ was no longer able to be described as ‘Dead’, what state was Jesus Christ in? Was he ‘alive’ in the accepted sense or was he in another state, if so, which?”

If Jesus were human, death is the end. No humans come back from what, for emphasis, I will call, ‘final death.’ Those who die do not come back to earth.

If he were always deity or even a partial deity, then His Resurrection is nothing amazing: if gods are immortal there was never death – merely a convincing illusion.

So, to remind you, “What is the nature of Jesus?” Man or God?
 1. There was some sect or other who said that Christ just appeared on earth aged about 30 and that the virgin birth was fantasy. The sect were all slaughtered as heretics, so that solved the problem without actually solving it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:06:22 PM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
I have a question.

Is, or is not the Flying Spaghetti monster the real god?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »
I have a question.

Only with pasta sauce. Without...it's just noodles.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2013, 11:42:27 PM »
I have a question.

If atheists want to be taken seriously, they have to stop using this objection. It's rather pedestrian and immature.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
So, to remind you, “What is the nature of Jesus?” Man or God?

Graybeard, this is very simple.

Jesus is 100% man (the flesh) and 100% God (The eternal soul)

The spirit of God became flesh. The flesh can be killed but the immaterial spirit can not be killed and this spirit was God.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
^^^ I've asked him something similar three times now, and I have been ignored on each occasion. I guess it's just too hard for him so he does the dodge dip and dive to avoid answering.

I am sorry. You must have missed it:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25917.msg586219.html#msg586219

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »
Skeptic, you did not answer my question.

Is, or is not the FSM the real god?

If so, why, or why not?

Have you not been touched by his noodley appendage?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
Skeptic, you did not answer my question.

Is, or is not the FSM the real god?

If so, why, or why not?

Have you not been touched by his noodley appendage?

Tell me something, please. How many people claim to be touched by the noodley appendage?

Now tell me how many people claim to be touched by Jesus.

Why do you suppose the huge discrepancy?

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »
It is obvious that the Jesus believers are corrupted by noodle demons.

Many claim to be touched by the FSM.

So, who is the real god?

How?

Why?

What evidence is there?

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +87/-1
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2013, 12:35:10 AM »

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25917.msg586219.html#msg586219

I'm reading this, and still missing it.

The question is not how you rationalize to yourself that you are necessarily on the right path because you interpret certain things in a certain religious text a certain way.

The fact is that people all over the world do that with different conclusions. And each and every one of them also has "reasons".

We know you believe that they are being led astray by "demons". They might say the same about you.

And none of you are getting these things out of thin air. This is what you keep failing to understand. As clear as it is TO YOU that you are on the one true path, it is equally clear to them that they are. And to an outsider, either one of yet another faith, or of none at all, there is no way to distinguish the validity of one or the other. All are based on interpretations of religious texts, and the arguments for each can be equally convincing (or equally silly).

Yes, we get that you believe you have it right, but, as we keep pointing out to you, you would be just as convinced of it had a different interpretation, or different religion been the one which resonated with you. You would be trying to tell us that Islam, for instance, was clearly the only way, and that those who did not believe could not attain salvation. You would have all those texts and reasons at your fingertips, and it would be clear to you that others had been deceived.

You can't prove the validity of your claims with passages from the Bible, because there are conflicting passages in other books (as well as within the Bible itself). You cannot, if you believe that demons are capable of so blinding a person to the truth, be 100% sure that you are not a victim of their trickery also.

And this is the part of the question that you keep dodging.

Can you even understand that? I know I'm babbling a bit because it's getting late. I just keep feeling as though I need to make that part of the question clearer for you, and you never seem to address it without resorting to quotes from the Bible. Can you tell us, keeping in mind that other sects use the selfsame book with different conclusions, how it is that you know the demons have fooled other people, but have not fooled you.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2013, 12:35:58 AM »

So, who is the real god?

How?

Why?

What evidence is there?

Since we know spaghetti is material in nature, we know spaghetti can not be the cause of the universe. It's ridiculous to think so.

God is immaterial.

There is a difference. The Flying Spaghetti Monster has contingent qualities and properties.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »

So, who is the real god?

How?

Why?

What evidence is there?

Since we know spaghetti is material in nature, we know spaghetti can not be the cause of the universe. It's ridiculous to think so.

God is immaterial.

There is a difference. The Flying Spaghetti Monster has contingent qualities and properties.

Fuck you skeptic. All you can do is play these silly games talking trivial shit like this. You ignore long, serious posts from people, and get entangled in meaningless crap where you get to act all haughty and shit. I suggest to all members that we give this asshole a wide berth. Quit trying to talk to him, because he has no interest in any meaningful conversation. He only wants to waste as much bandwidth as he can with his ego.

Screw you, Septic. Take a flying fucking leap.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +48/-418
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2013, 12:46:57 AM »

So, who is the real god?

How?

Why?

What evidence is there?

God is immaterial.

Fuck you skeptic. All you can do is play these silly games talking trivial shit like this. You ignore long, serious posts from people, and get entangled in meaningless crap where you get to act all haughty and shit. I suggest to all members that we give this asshole a wide berth. Quit trying to talk to him, because he has no interest in any meaningful conversation. He only wants to waste as much bandwidth as he can with his ego.

Screw you, Septic. Take a flying fucking leap.

Please, trust me I will answer. i am doing 8 things at once right now and I responded to a quick post. I have read your long and thoughtful post and it was a good one. I have to really think of a response and I am in no mood to do that right now because I am very busy. I responded to a few posts that take less time because we've had this same discussion before.

but rest assured, I will certainly reply to your post. I am about to read it for the 4th time.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2013, 12:51:00 AM »

God is immaterial.

Define "immaterial" and what it means in this context.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »
I have two questions

Where do you think the physical laws of the universe come from, humans, gods, or the universe itself?

Have you ever destroyed a demon as you suggested you would do?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2013, 01:38:51 AM »

Since when did i say anything about spaghetti?
I explicitly stated the flying spaghetti MONSTER, its not just spaghetti, it is obviously god, unless you can provide evidence otherwise.

God is immaterial.

Then why do people claim to see god?

And you know this how?
Has he touched you with his appendage?
If so, why are you such a blasphemer?

If anyone was wondering. I am NOT a pastafarian.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »

Unacceptable. You have avoided my question for the FOURTH time now. A refresher for you...

Skeptic, please define for me what you believe defines a OneTrueChristian.

Please use point form, and be as specific as possible. I will not accept vague answers, I want the truth from you and I want it now. If ALL other religions are wrong, please convince me that yours is the correct one, and give valid reasons why.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2013, 02:03:57 AM »
I have a question.

Only with pasta sauce. Without...it's just noodles.

-Nam

Skeptic,

Did my comment hurt your feelings? Of all the names I've called you it takes this comment for you to smite me?

Who's being childish? You, 'cause you're a fucking moron, and everyone knows it.

-Nam