Author Topic: Does the second commandment still apply or not?  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Does the second commandment still apply or not?
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 11:58:45 AM »
What meaning does 1 have if there is no 2?

What meaning does good have if there is no evil?

See what I mean? Atheists are inconsistent when they make points.

No I have no idea what you mean.

Explain "What meaning does good have if there is no evil?" in light of the comment you made below (which is what I was replying to)

It's a basic mathematics 101 statement.

What is 1 contingent upon? 1 is just 1. Nothing is needed to cause it.

It's all just based on the non-contingent 1.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »
I post here because I am fascinated by the atheistic mind. I wonder what makes them think the way they do.
Oh for fuck sake skep, is this really the best answer you can come up with?
Plus, I have gotten people to convert before. I told you about the Catholic guy I used to talk to who was Catholic for 20 years before I told him all about his religion and he broke down crying and now he feels happier than ever.
Then bring him here to speak for himself. I think you're a liar, so please, prove me wrong.

Now, back to your special skill set - aren't you being incredibly disrespectful of the creator you claim to follow if you don't use those talents to actually do good in the world? Do you think anyone theist who knows of your skills would agree that this is the best use of your time?
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »
Jesus did not intend for the rich to become poor and the poor to become rich. That is nonsensical.

Ever read the Bible? Who am I kidding; of course you haven't.

Someone is rich if they have Jesus in their life.

The homeless guy is richer than Bill Gates if you think about it logically.

Lesus meant actual money; not a psychological thing. That's nonsensical.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »
I post here because I am fascinated by the atheistic mind. I wonder what makes them think the way they do.
Plus, I have gotten people to convert before. I told you about the Catholic guy I used to talk to who was Catholic for 20 years before I told him all about his religion and he broke down crying and now he feels happier than ever.
Then bring him here to speak for himself. I think you're a liar, so please, prove me wrong.

Now, back to your special skill set - aren't you being incredibly disrespectful of the creator you claim to follow if you don't use those talents to actually do good in the world? Do you think anyone theist who knows of your skills would agree that this is the best use of your time?

How do you know I don't volunteer?

Do you volunteer? Atheists claim that Christians don't help out but studies show that atheists are the least likely group to help others in need. You usually see Christians flying to third world countries, and dedicating months of their time over there.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +389/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
Jesus did not intend for the rich to become poor and the poor to become rich. That is nonsensical.

That is some hardcore butchering of the word 'logically'.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »
I will be back in about 8 hours. I have to go out and do some things.

God bless.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +389/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
Positive assertion.  Burden of proof.  Proving a negative.
Do you volunteer? Atheists claim that Christians don't help out but studies show that atheists are the least likely group to help others in need. You usually see Christians flying to third world countries, and dedicating months of their time over there.
Don't just make bald assertions.  Back up these claims - show us the atheists that claim that Christians don't help out, and provide some of these studies showing that atheists are the least likely group to help others in need.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

You're still not answering my question skep.

Whether or not I volunteer is not relevant, but I've concluded that you have no intention of actually engaging with anyone here so you're welcome to disregard any posts I write. Enjoy the rest of your stay, and troll on.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

We've been trying to get you to think logically for weeks. Still, you refuse - positing fallacy after fallacy with no end in sight. Real smart to talk about logic there!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
It's the proverbial, "Do as I say not as I do...or you will burn in hell for all eternity."

;)

-Nam

Nam,

When somebody says to you, "I hate you, nam! I don't want anything to do with you!" and they curse at you, do you want to see them again? Would you want to hang out with them and be in their presence?

Or would you say, "Fine, if he hates me, then I don't want anything to do with him?"

It's the same with God. If you don't wanna be with God, He doesn't wanna be with you.

One of my good friends, actually many of my good friends are people who don't like me, and I don't like some of them. It is possible to be friends, enjoy one's company, spend time together, etc., with people you don't really like. I'll give you a fictional example: The Big Bang Theory (the TV show) -- not one of Sheldon Cooper's friends actually like him. Most times they can't stand him but they're still his friend.

With me, I am predominantly indifferent to people; it may be easier for me to be friends with people I don't like, or not--haven't really pondered on it much but peoples over-excitement toward me, valid or not, doesn't necessarily effect me and therefore, I don't hold grudges.

That seems to be the vast difference with me, and your god. Your god is also quite indifferent but does hold grudges, becomes quite jealous and whiney when it doesn't get its way--something you aspire to be like, I am sure.

-Nam

Nam,

A television show is not real life, despite how many people believe television is real.

Nobody talks the way they do on TV shows in real life. Watch a Seinfeld episode. Nobody talks like Jerry and George in real life.

No, idiot, no one talks like you in real life because you are fictional.

It was a fucking analogy you fucking moron.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »

That is some hardcore butchering of the word 'logically'.

Give the idiot a break: he doesn't know what the word means.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »

It's funny you mention ol' Billy, He's an atheist and check this out:
https://www.google.com/#q=bill+gates+average+donations

He's also willed ALL of his assets to various charities, and the B&M Gates foundation, his kids ain't getting shit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:54:23 PM by Antidote »
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »
Because nothing would exist without God. God is the number 1.

1 is not contingent on anything. 2 is contingent on 1. You can write 3 as 1+1+1 because everything is contingent except for 1.

God is the absolute necessary number 1. God cannot not exist.

I am wondering where you found your ideas about numbers. Do you know that this comes from Ancient Greek philosophy? They were not trying to prove the Christian god. The Pythagoreans said that the number 1 was the generator of numbers, being reason. The number two was the first female number, being opinion. The number three was the first male number, being harmony and unity in diversity. Does that sound familiar? It is not Christianity which you are following here but what you would call demonic knowledge.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »

He's also willed ALL of his assets to various charities, and the B&M Gates foundation, his kids ain't getting shit.

Hasn't he donated over $16 billion to charities and research to cure diseases? I think I read that somewhere.

-Nam

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »

Hasn't he donated over $16 billion to charities and research to cure diseases? I think I read that somewhere.

-Nam

WAY more than that, but yes.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
Actually, I have given this homeless guy in my town money every so often. Every time I give him spare change he shouts "Glory be to Jesus!" He hasn't lost his faith and he's homeless. I'm excited for him to get his mansion in heaven.

[30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Sorry, but if he doesn't have a house now, then he wont have one later.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
I read awhile back, years ago that about 5%-10% of people who say they are homeless aren't actually homeless in the US. I stopped giving money to them at that point. However, I will, at times, buy them food.

I also read that about 40% of homeless that ask for money buy alcohol with it. So be wary on giving the homeless money.

-Nam

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
Sadly, I would not be at risk of arrest in the USA.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:39 AM »

Do you believe that it's a good parenting technique on Bill's behalf to leave his children nothing?

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2013, 02:03:37 AM »

Do you believe that it's a good parenting technique on Bill's behalf to leave his children nothing?

Yes, absolutely, it teaches his children to be fiscally responsible.

---

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2013, 02:07:51 AM »

I see.

So Bill Gates is not required to baby his children even though he "created" them.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2013, 02:12:02 AM »

I see.

So Bill Gates is not required to baby his children even though he "created" them.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

You're being a dishonest person, that's where you're going with this, he works with his kids and teaches them the importance of being fiscally responsible.
That's not the same as abandoning them to their own devices you dishonest tard.

---

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:27 AM »
You're being a dishonest person, that's where you're going with this, he works with his kids and teaches them the importance of being fiscally responsible.

I see. Well, I do not think God has abandoned us.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2013, 03:07:33 AM »

I see. Well, I do not think God has abandoned us.

You think, but do you know? And if you do, what evidence do you have OTHER than the bible, for which you can provide links.
Otherwise get back to the OP.

---

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2013, 03:21:27 AM »
Bill Gates doesn't threaten his children with damnation, either.

-Nam

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2013, 04:02:20 AM »
Bible says everything. You're not a true christian.

So Matthew 19:24 is actually saying that believers find it harder to go to heaven than unbelievers?

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Yout theology confuses me.  Unless of course it was a spur-of-the-moment dodge to justify why occasionally chucking a couple of coins at a person with nothing still means you are doing what Jesus would do?

Matthew 25: "Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. " 
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »

You fell for that one, hook line and sinker.

Skep is looking for one of his cake icing analogy moments. You just fell for the old "There is one infinitely rich God, and he refuses to give his entire infinite wealth to his 3 children, before he dies, analogy"

Skep, as far as I'm aware, God is not planning to give his entire wealth to me, because he is not planning to (a) die, (b) explode my brain. And (c) it would be unfair to give it all to me, if starving Africans needed equiproportions of it.

Skep, most parents do give their wealth to their children, because they are poor without it. In Gate's case, his spoiled brats will most likely be filthy rich before he dies.

I'll grant you that if Bill Gates was infinitely rich, then he could not give his wealth away to all of us, without it inflating the currency.

EDIT, and (d) most children have actually met their parents, and been cared for, by their parents, for the first 20 years or so, of their life.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:14:50 AM by Add Homonym »

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +772/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »

For the record, Bill Gates is leaving each of his kids ten million. That may be nothing to him, but my bank account would notice.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.