Author Topic: Cover that head, woman!!!  (Read 141 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Cover that head, woman!!!
« on: November 23, 2013, 10:03:24 AM »
Article in my local paper this morning about the movement for women to return to covering their heads in church like they use to do.  It stated some biblical reason.  Some even thought it meant to grow your hair without cutting it.  Something about how God made "man" in his image and women came from "man" not God therefore should be covered.  Starting to sound like Islam thinking.  Why not just burka out and be done with it.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Cover that head, woman!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »
There are plenty of women, and men, that should be required to cover their heads in any public setting. Or at least their faces.

But seriously, some of these people are so afraid of progress, they're willing to attempt to go back in time to avoid moving forward. Repulsive, how they let fear grip them so.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
I've always been rather amused at the insistence on hiding the human body.
After all if we were created in the image of god, who wouldn't want to gaze upon image of god?

[/URL]
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Spit

• Student
  • Darwins +8/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
Article in my local paper this morning about the movement for women to return to covering their heads in church like they use to do.  It stated some biblical reason.  Some even thought it meant to grow your hair without cutting it.  Something about how God made "man" in his image and women came from "man" not God therefore should be covered.  Starting to sound like Islam thinking.  Why not just burka out and be done with it.
As long as it doesn't slow them down when I holler "beer me bitch" I'm good.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 02:43:55 AM »
I remember this episode of Il-y-├ętait une fois ... la future where the heroes go to a giant-insect planet who's sun is avout to go nova. They keep getting into trouble with giant ants who seem to be massively aggressive. At the end of the episode, they explain that the ants somehow sensed that their world was about to end so they reacted by becoming hyper industrious.

Could this be the same thing? The remaining christians sense that their days are numbered  and they desperatly try something ... ANYTHING! Pretty soon we'll be seeing self-flagellation gangs in the street. They rush at you from a dark alley and start kicking ... their own asses. That'll show you, you evil Atheist!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.