Author Topic: Would You Ever Torture Your Children With Fire In in the Basement?  (Read 20754 times)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
Re: Would You Ever Torture Your Children With Fire In in the Basement?
« Reply #377 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:13 AM »
I have said this before.

If you think life is just a dream, get a gun, load a round in the chamber, cock it, aim gun to your head (preferably brain), and pull the trigger.

You have nothing to lose, so reply after you have fired.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #378 on: December 06, 2013, 06:29:57 AM »
I would accept abiogenesis if it was videotaped without human intervention.
Can this be done? They claim it happened already, so I need to see it with my own 2 eyes.

I will accept god exists when I can videotape him interacting in the world.  I need to see god with my own two eyes before I will accept it is real.

Until that point - by Skep's argument - I don't have to accept a single word said about it.  Glad we've sorted that out.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »
just that. The writing in blood saying "get out" that appeared on my friend's wall and disappeared while I was staring at it.

This stuff is rock solid proof to me. Greater than any logical argument. What has been seen can not be unseen.

So fine.  Take it step by step.  Two patterns of red appeared on a wall, then disappeared.

1) How did you determine it was blood, if it disappeared?
2) How did you establish intelligence behind those patterns of blood? 
3) How did you move from spontaneous appearance of possible words to "therefore, god"?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2013, 07:44:23 AM »
Not just that. The writing in blood saying "get out" that appeared on my friend's wall and disappeared while I was staring at it.
This stuff is rock solid proof to me. Greater than any logical argument.
I think you watched "The Amityville Horror" then smoked something illegal and then imagined "GET OUT" on the wall.
Were there lots of flies around at the time too?
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:10 AM »
Not just that. The writing in blood saying "get out" that appeared on my friend's wall and disappeared while I was staring at it.
This stuff is rock solid proof to me. Greater than any logical argument.
I think you watched "The Amityville Horror" then smoked something illegal and then imagined "GET OUT" on the wall.
Were there lots of flies around at the time too?

I'm thinking there was some drinking of red rum as well
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »

This stuff is rock solid proof to me. Greater than any logical argument. What has been seen can not be unseen.
[/quote]

So, things beyond the understanding of science from transdimention entities communicating in a manner that can be traced directly to horror movies and disappearing without a trace is "rock solid proof"

However the suggestion that this was your mind playing tricks on you, breifly, despite that matches with documented psychological phenomenon, even down to the cultural context aspect, is unthinkable.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2013, 09:06:34 AM »
Nothing has ever happened in my life that, if I told the story to others, would cause them to question my veracity.

I cannot say the same.

From being attack by wild dogs, to playing a prank at a mob owned business that got one of the patriarchs to laugh, to stealing a dump truck, to collecting money for a guy named Dino then working for the Department of Corrections one month later, to getting in trouble in high school for 'he's looking at me.' to being falsely accused of being a stalker, to pranks and s&M sessions I did while dressed as a Catholic Preist, To late night races in excess of 100 miles an hour, to playing pranks with a fake uzi or a minigun as a young adult, to being falsely arrested for stealing my own car, to saving the Campus Christian Center from burning down on Halloween...twice; there are several stories from my past people don't quite believe.

However, none of said unusual circumstances has violated physics.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »
just that. The writing in blood saying "get out" that appeared on my friend's wall and disappeared while I was staring at it.

Sounds like you had a teeeeeeeeeny bit too much LSD, tripped ballz and imagined the whole thing...

By the way, you cannot catch the magical purple Heroin dragon.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »

or the green absinthe fairy

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +415/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »

or the green absinthe fairy
Both can be easily captured.  You just need the help of the Salvia goddess.

You guys just lack faith.  Or possibly something to do with demons.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
I will accept god exists when I can videotape him interacting in the world.  I need to see god with my own two eyes before I will accept it is real.

Until that point - by Skep's argument - I don't have to accept a single word said about it.  Glad we've sorted that out.

God is invisible. Can't videotape God. That's preposterous.
God just is. Bibe says it. Very advanced radical description for its time. "I am that I am."

No "head of a snake, body of a lion" nonsense, which is physical and can be seen.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »

God just is. Bibe says it. Very advanced radical description for its time. "I am that I am."

No "head of a snake, body of a lion" nonsense, which is physical and can be seen.

Its the interaction that we're all interested in. You can't see gravity but you can see the effect that it has.
You've said that you saw writing appear on a wall then disappear. That would be something that you could record.
Whip your phone out next time something like that occurs  :)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »

The magical pink fluffy texture-less invisible flying grounded pony also cannot be video taped.

Ohh wait, such things do not exist.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »

The religious person demands rigid evidence of things, but when the same is asked of them in return, they suddenly make their idea exempt from such things.

Funny how that works out.  Almost as if... they know they have no evidence for their claims.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +415/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #391 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »
"I am that I am" is perhaps the most un-radical description ever for anything in the history of every universe ever.  Holy sh*t.  Seriously - how you find such an unremarkable description to be radical or profound is utterly mind-boggling.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Hyperintelligent Orangutan
« Reply #392 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
*snip

If God can not be perceived visibly then what evidence do you use to justify your belief in his existence? Why do you believe he created life if he cant produce the evidence you would require to believe another explanation?

The requirement for videotaped evidence to believe abiogenesis was your requirement. Can you explain this requirement in relation to not requiring the same type of evidence for God?

I would like to note that I'm not saying that you do not require evidence for God, as you have repeatedly stated that you do in fact require evidence for belief in things. I'm just wondering what the standards of evidence you require are and how those standards change in relation to the nature of claims.
The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »
Look guys,

If there was no God, I would not expect to see a universe at all.
Since there is a universe, it is evidence of God.

If we videotaped the Earth forming, it would be an effect of God. We would see the planets forming regardless.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
You guys say I have no evidence for God and I say you guys have no evidence for abiogenesis.

So I believe in the beginning.....God.

You believe in the beginning....dirt.

Don't tell me my theory is religious and yours is scientific.
They are both religious.

That's one of the problems I have with atheists. They tell us not to listen to apologetic websites for our science information, but then they use secular websites for their religious information.

It's a dishonest double standard.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
Look guys,

If there was no God, I would not expect to see a universe at all.

If we videotaped the Earth forming, it would be an effect of God. We would see the planets forming regardless.

This is exactly the point. we would see planets forming with or without god, so why is god the conclusion?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #396 on: December 06, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
When Hindus see planets forming, they say it is the work of Brahma, the creator. How can you tell it is not Brahma, skeptic?

Remember, skeptic, every religion has strange events that people have experienced-- once seen, can't be unseen, right? I have had many strange and unlikely things happen to me-- I have seen things that, if I was religious, I would attribute to supernatural forces.

If I had a brain like you, skeptic, instead of my own hard-a$$ed logical one, I would be here babbling on about how I saw the spirit of Ogun possess some women at a Haitian palo monte ceremony. Because that is what they said I was seeing. But there is no Ogun, so it had to be something else going on.

I was flying in a small plane in a lightning storm, over an African country, that was ordered to be shot down, piloted by two drunk Italian teenagers. I am not making this up. I heard the other woman on the plane say into her walkie-talkie, "I don't think we are going to  make it!"

The plane landed safely--with at least one atheist on board. If I was religious, I would say Jesus/Allah/Krishna took the wheel. But those entities do not exist, so it had to be something else going on.

As for the blood on the wall, skeptic, would you accept that story from a Hindu as evidence for Shiva, god of death and destruction?  If not, why not?

Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #397 on: December 06, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
Snip*

No.

The universe's existence is only evidence of the universes existence. Anything else is an unwarranted assumption. That's a beginner mistake.

Aspects of said universes structure may be used to demonstrate evidence of directed creation, but you would have to point out those aspects and then explain how they demonstrate your assertion.
The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchet

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
They are both religious.

That's one of the problems I have with atheists. They tell us not to listen to apologetic websites for our science information, but then they use secular websites for their religious information.

Another sign that we have skeptic54768 backed up against the wall.  When in doubt, just claim the other side follow a religion too!

Saying "I see religions everywhere" gets old pretty fast.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
« Reply #399 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
They are both religious.

Another sign that we have skeptic54768 backed up against the wall.  When in doubt, just claim the other side follow a religion too!

No, it is honest.

The atheist is afraid of saying it is a religion, not me.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
They are both religious.

No, it is honest.

If atheism were a religion we'd say it was. But it's not you fucking loon.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
They are both religious.

No, it is honest.

The atheist doesn't want to state something that they know not to be true. Unlike you.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »
No, it is honest.

*Yawn*  This whole "atheism is a religion" thing is a PRATT.[1]

Funny how the theists keep going on about how great and wonderful religions and beliefs are, but they're quick to spin them as Bad Things when it suits them.

Religions involves holy books and creeds.  I know what the holy book of christianity is.  I know what the apostle's creed is.  Atheism has no holy books or creed.  The only thing it means is "does not have god beliefs".  Saying atheism is a religion is like saying 'Off' is a TV channel, or Bald is a hair color.[2]
 1. Points Refuted A Thousand Times
 2. Yes, I know those are old retorts, but what else am I to do against an old retort?

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »

So don't tell you facts. Obvoius facts.

No yours is religious and ours is scientific, and by the way, water is wet.

Online skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-444
« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
No, it is honest.

Funny how the theists keep going on about how great and wonderful religions and beliefs are, but they're quick to spin them as Bad Things when it suits them.

Religions involves holy books and creeds.  I know what the holy book of christianity is.  I know what the apostle's creed is.  Atheism has no holy books or creed.  The only thing it means is "does not have god beliefs".  Saying atheism is a religion is like saying 'Off' is a TV channel, or Bald is a hair color.[2]
 2. Yes, I know those are old retorts, but what else am I to do against an old retort?

it is!

My friend back in the day was bald and his driver's license said:

hair color: bald.

So this means you concede the point?

Offline RED_ApeTHEIST

• Student
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
No, it is honest.

it is!

My friend back in the day was bald and his driver's license said:

hair color: bald.

So this means you concede the point?

Do you really want to use the Governments judgement to support your argument? The DMV in particular?