hello
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:24:24 AM »
Nice to meet you.  I am undecided...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »
Wow, welcome.  It is about time we get a super heroine here.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »
Welcome Wonder Woman. And we've got to do something about your being undecided. Wonder Woman can't be wishy-washy. Such things are hard on your street cred.  ;)

I of course hope that we can guide you in the direction of disbelief, but I'm not you, so I've no idea where you're headed. I do hope that your being here is indicative of being an open-minded super-heroine and that you are giving atheism/agnosticism some serious thought.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
Just the fact that you are undecided means you probably wont be learning to fly Boeing 747s, but not interested in practicing the landings.  That makes you OK in my book.   Oh wait, you already know how to fly.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum. What are you undecided about?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Shaffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Im A Realist ;)
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum! To believe in god or not believe in god that is the question ;)
-Shaffy
We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it.

~ParkingPlaces

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:44:43 AM »
Welcomd WW.

My mother-in-law is called Lynda Carter (no, really), so you're already starting on the back foot. ;)
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 02:45:39 AM »
I'm undecided, too. Will I make fried chicken for dinner tomorrow or just have some cookies? It's a hard choice. One takes me actually doing work, which I loathe, and the other...not so much.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 03:31:06 AM »
Welcome Wonder Woman,
We would willingly welcome wavering women.
Waylay worries! Wisdom will wax!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Wonder Woman. Like One Above, I'm curious as to just what you're undecided about. Hope you find some answers here, whatever they might be.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:17 AM »
Always nice to welcome a new member to the forum.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Wonder Woman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
Thanks for the welcome boys.  I am undecided about belief.  I have never been Christian or atheist.  My parents believe in God but never go to church.  They want me to find my own way.  I found this site while doing some research on the matter.  I thought I would check it out.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
^^^Perhaps you could start a thread in the Testimonial section, then? Go into more detail about your background and what you see as the still unanswered questions?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
^^^And don't worry. Our use of the word "testimonial" doesn't imply or require a christian component or anything. I think it is too heavy a word in this case. Just give us an overview of where you are right now. Do keep in mind that we are as prejudiced as a believer would be, in that most of us would like you to come over to the light side. But that decision is always yours. If we can't give you good reasons to consider non-belief, then we're probably not very good at what we're doing here.

We come in many shapes, sizes and ages. Plus there's Nam, who refuses to fit into any category that does not have a foul name (You may be young enough that I shouldn't spell it out).  But all of us can type. So we'll be glad to help you think about the non-belief part. And our few theists may well chime in and urge you to look at things in a different way. Who knows, you could have fun. And gain wisdom too.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Wonder Woman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 06:59:06 AM »
I don't know that I'm ready to start a thread they are very intense.  Fowl language turns me own so don't worry about it. :-*

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
Welcome WW.
They want me to find my own way
Very wise of your parents to say, especially as they are god believers themselves.
Even without starting your own threads there must be months worth of reading on here, a great place for research.
Enjoy your stay. :D
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
^^^And don't worry. Our use of the word "testimonial" doesn't imply or require a christian component or anything. I think it is too heavy a word in this case. Just give us an overview of where you are right now. Do keep in mind that we are as prejudiced as a believer would be, in that most of us would like you to come over to the light side. But that decision is always yours. If we can't give you good reasons to consider non-belief, then we're probably not very good at what we're doing here.

We come in many shapes, sizes and ages. Plus there's Nam, who refuses to fit into any category that does not have a foul name (You may be young enough that I shouldn't spell it out).  But all of us can type. So we'll be glad to help you think about the non-belief part. And our few theists may well chime in and urge you to look at things in a different way. Who knows, you could have fun. And gain wisdom too.

Asshole. Spell it with me now: a-s-s-h-o-l-e.

Woohoo! Ya did it!

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
I don't know that I'm ready to start a thread they are very intense.  Fowl language turns me own so don't worry about it. :-*

Hey, how you doin'?

:P

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »

Hey, how you doin'?

-Nam
Shouldn't it be "Hey, how you doin' chick?" to satisfy the fowl language  (;)) turn on admission?
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »

Hey, how you doin'?

-Nam
Shouldn't it be "Hey, how you doin' chick?" to satisfy the fowl language  (;)) turn on admission?

I don't give in to peer pressure.

;)

-Nam

Offline Wonder Woman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »

Hey, how you doin'?

-Nam

Hey there hot stuff.  What a cute little devil you are! :P

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »
Does it bother you when Power Girl shows up and gets all the attention? :laugh:
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

Hey, how you doin'?

-Nam

Hey there hot stuff.  What a cute little devil you are! :P

Yep. I'm hott.

-Nam

Offline Dr H

• Student
  • Darwins +14/-0
  • Irritant
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 04:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome boys.  I am undecided about belief.  I have never been Christian or atheist.  My parents believe in God but never go to church.  They want me to find my own way.  I found this site while doing some research on the matter.  I thought I would check it out.

Hi Wonder Woman; welcome aboard.

Everybody believes something.  I believe a lot of things.  "God" and the supernatural just don't happen to be among them.  ;)

Dr H

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry."
                                                           -- John Cage

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 06:11:45 PM »
Hi Wonder Woman. What is your relation to member Junebug? :police:
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »

Well, that wasn't subtle. Where's the cat & mouse?

;)

-Nam

Offline Wonder Woman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:29 AM »
Does it bother you when Power Girl shows up and gets all the attention? :laugh:

Who the is power girl?  Can't be bothered with someone I don't know.

WW

Offline Wonder Woman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 07:13:01 AM »

Who is junebug?  I've read some of her stuff other than that IDK her.