Author Topic: Tree of life  (Read 461 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Shelter
  • Darwins +81/-25
Tree of life
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
Genesis 2:19 KJV And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Thank you science...for continuing the legacy.
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would not have been possible without support from the democrats.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +940/-6
  • I'm very stoic, except when there is an easier way
Re: Tree of life
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
Oh, no. I ate of it tonight. My dinner contained fungi, birds and plants (chicken rice casserole with mushrooms).

Now I gotta find a new place to live. And look, now my two boys are mad at each other. Why do I think this isn't going to work out well?

It isn't true that non-existent gods can't do anything. For instance, they were able to make me into an atheist.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +230/-8
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:30 AM »
Oh, no. I ate of it tonight. My dinner contained fungi, birds and plants (chicken rice casserole with mushrooms).

Now I gotta find a new place to live. And look, now my two boys are mad at each other. Why do I think this isn't going to work out well?
Get them a woman made from a rib.  I'm sure they won't fight then. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Retired Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:55 AM »
Viruses always have confused me.

They are like living organisms...but at the same time, are not like living organisms...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +145/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Poor little Gram + Bacteria lumped together on one little line...  >:(
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +684/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
Actually, I submit that the "Adam gets to name everything" story came about because of the human tendency to name things, as a justification for asserting ownership over those things.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »
Actually, I submit that the "Adam gets to name everything" story came about because of the human tendency to name things, as a justification for asserting ownership over those things.
I agree with this.

Also Mr. Blackwell your bible doesn't exactly posit that tree, it quite clearly refutes that (and very poorly I might add), I mean, if the bible is true plants would have FROZEN to death, no sun until the fourth day remember?
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Fungi are a separate domain, not a division of plants. Also, the diagram is missing protists. This is a fast changing field and my info. might be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:07:24 PM by mrbiscoop »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips