Author Topic: Tree of life  (Read 387 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
Tree of life
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
Genesis 2:19 KJV And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Thank you science...for continuing the legacy.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
Re: Tree of life
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
Oh, no. I ate of it tonight. My dinner contained fungi, birds and plants (chicken rice casserole with mushrooms).

Now I gotta find a new place to live. And look, now my two boys are mad at each other. Why do I think this isn't going to work out well?

Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:30 AM »
Oh, no. I ate of it tonight. My dinner contained fungi, birds and plants (chicken rice casserole with mushrooms).

Now I gotta find a new place to live. And look, now my two boys are mad at each other. Why do I think this isn't going to work out well?
Get them a woman made from a rib.  I'm sure they won't fight then. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Retired Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:55 AM »
Viruses always have confused me.

They are like living organisms...but at the same time, are not like living organisms...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Poor little Gram + Bacteria lumped together on one little line...  >:(
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +601/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
Actually, I submit that the "Adam gets to name everything" story came about because of the human tendency to name things, as a justification for asserting ownership over those things.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »
Actually, I submit that the "Adam gets to name everything" story came about because of the human tendency to name things, as a justification for asserting ownership over those things.
I agree with this.

Also Mr. Blackwell your bible doesn't exactly posit that tree, it quite clearly refutes that (and very poorly I might add), I mean, if the bible is true plants would have FROZEN to death, no sun until the fourth day remember?
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Fungi are a separate domain, not a division of plants. Also, the diagram is missing protists. This is a fast changing field and my info. might be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:07:24 PM by mrbiscoop »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips