Author Topic: Is Jesus the Son of God or God?  (Read 17418 times)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Is Jesus the Son of God or God?
« Reply #522 on: February 26, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »
Your link goes to #478. HA! douche.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
  • I'm having a good laugh here ha ha ha ha!
    • Seventh-day Adventist Church
« Reply #523 on: February 26, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »

...Help an idiot out

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible"

- Stuart Chase (R.I.P 1985)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #524 on: February 26, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »

...Help an idiot out

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

That's not answering his question, that's being a douche and preaching.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #525 on: February 26, 2014, 08:02:35 PM »
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible"

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #526 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »

That's not answering his question, that's being a douche and preaching.

-Nam

Note post 516 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602971.html#msg602971

That doesn't answer my question though.  That post is you saying that Nam split your quote and pulled it out of context, distorting your intended meaning.  My question is: what is the distortion?  In what way(s) did Nam's use of your quote change what you intended to say?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #527 on: February 26, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
SoG, I've been reading through your posts and I've noticed nothing but dodges and insults, you really need to learn respect. You came to a primarily atheist site and start throwing insults and bible passages around like they mean anything. All it does is make you look like a biggoted moron, for your sake I beg you to stop.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #528 on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »

That doesn't answer my question though.  That post is you saying that Nam split your quote and pulled it out of context, distorting your intended meaning.  My question is:

what is the distortion? 

see post 513 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602966.html#msg602966

Above, you will read how I show the deliberate distortion by Nam in post 513, but Ive outlined below to reiterate as well.

In what way(s) did Nam's use of your quote change what you intended to say?

Please read http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602966.html#msg602966 shows quote as a whole.

In this way, I am speaking in a way that reflects what sunday keepers might think.  This shows I am saying sunday keepers think in a certain way., NOT what I think as a Sabbath keeping SDA.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602966.html#msg602966 shows the effect of dividing it.

In this way, when Nam divides the quote, it deliberately makes it look as though, I am the one who is "reinterpreting scripture" as this is pulled away from the whole passage, and he then starts the new paragraph ... "Then I will reinterpret scripture..." when it is regarding the way sunday keepers may think about the Sabbath day and not what I think. 

I am a Seventh-day Adventist who keeps the Sabbath day and my point is, Sunday keepers reinterpret scripture regarding this doctrine not me as an SDA who accepts the Bible verse "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy..." (Exodus 20:8 )

For Nam to claim such is typical of him.  Just see the way he re writes what Ive written in other posts as an example of his dishonesty and underhand forum behaviour.

Example....

Here's my original post on an earlier part of this discussion:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602719.html#msg602719

Below is part of an original quote by me.

Theist 2, Atheist 0

Thank you fans.

Case closed:  Next please.

What does nam do?  Nam re-writes my quote, claiming to "fix it" for me.  This type of juvenile behavior highlights his editing tendencies when quoting others on this forum. 

See Nams "fixed" version of my post: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602724.html#msg602724

Theist still stupid, Atheist still smarter than you

Fixed that for you.

-Nam

Now to everyone else;

This post is long because of the stupid questions I keep getting, which others insist I answer in full. In light of this detraction from other people's valid questions and points about actual atheist and theological topics, Id like to apologize for the delay in response to your questions.

I will not bother answering questions which I have answered previously, or that are not directly to do with the person I am addressing, unless it is related to serious topics of interest.  These silly questions are derailing the discussions and incite petty arguments of no value at all. Again my apologies.

NEXT.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:13:56 PM by SwordOfGod »

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #529 on: February 26, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »
SoG, I've been reading through your posts and I've noticed nothing but dodges and insults, you really need to learn respect. You came to a primarily atheist site and start throwing insults and bible passages around like they mean anything. All it does is make you look like a biggoted moron, for your sake I beg you to stop.

Look in the mirror jack ass.

You call Nam a dishonest tard

"I've, admittedly, called him a dishonest tard, but that's the only instance I can think of for myself."

See post 125 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25917.msg587069.html#msg587069

You Hypocrite (Matt 7:5a) The Bible was right on that one.

And what does nam say in his smite to you?

"mentioning me as if i'm the only one. fuck you"

Hmmmmm... what an honest and non insulting bunch you atheists are!!!

NEXT time, before you have a go at me, think 100 times and look at your own actions ... now who looks like the "bigoted moron" you accuse me of?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:35:37 PM by SwordOfGod »

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #530 on: February 26, 2014, 09:39:59 PM »
Please read http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602966.html#msg602966 shows quote as a whole.

In this way, I am speaking in a way that reflects what sunday keepers might think.  This shows I am saying sunday keepers think in a certain way., NOT what I think as a Sabbath keeping SDA.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602966.html#msg602966 shows the effect of dividing it.

I'm sorry, but the effect that dividing it is nothing.

What appears to be the case is a misunderstanding.  Now I'm not going to attempt to exonerate or blame Nam for any intention or lack-thereof in the understanding of your post, but you didn't exactly make it unabashedly clear that you were speaking as a hypothetical 'sunday keeper'.

Frankly, your intended message was a little murky, and part of the problem stems from that.  I'm going to repost your original (the actual original), with additions that would have made it more clear (in red):

It is not the fault of religion, but the fault of man. Man is subjectively choosing his religion based on feelings or opinions. He only objectively chooses it when it is based on facts. 

i.e.  The Bible says keep the sabbath.  So objectively I will accept it, based on the historical evidence if appropiate, and the Bible verse in addition to it. To be objective in this way, is to keep the day the Bible (internal evidence) and history (external evidence) say is correct, even though others keep sunday, which has no scriptural support whatsoever.

Someone who is trying to justify their acceptance of Sunday as the sabbath (who I'll call a 'Sunday keeper'), for example, may do the following:
I am being subjective in choosing my religion when I say, the Bible says keep the Sabbath, but because the majority of the church keep sunday, and because I dont want to give up playing football at 10am every saturday with my friends, I keep sunday because its more convenient to do so, even though there is no command anywhere in the Bible to keep sunday holy. Then I will reinterpet scripture, where it says we are to keep the commandments of God, to mean regarding the sabbath day "any day I feel like to keep, as long as its just one day".
<insert paragraph break>
When someone places their views and desires above the bible, you get subjective interpretation. The Bible says what it says, but it must be taken in context with the whole canon.

That makes the intention of your post a lot more clear, does it not?

Now, if you had that little tidbit in there, and Nam's post had left out that bit in red, then I'd say it would have been fairly evident that Nam was intentionally misrepresenting what you said.  As it stands right now, I'd be inclined to attribute it to hasty reading and a misunderstanding.  If you want to view it as intentional, go nuts.

There was distortion of your intended message.  Please understand that, at least a part of that, is due to the fact that your post was less than perfectly obvious in conveying that intended message.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #531 on: February 26, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »
Imagine that, SwordOfGod's only response to me was to link back to one of his "I won, case closed" posts.

In a discussion such as this, it is extremely dishonest for someone to declare 'victory' and use it as an excuse not to address any other points on the matter.  I have asked four times now for him to respond to my points about insect legs.  His only response all four times is to claim that he 'won' (which is purely arbitrary and meaningless) and to use that as an excuse not to respond.

SwordOfGod, declaring that you 'won' is meaningless in a discussion such as this.  The only thing it demonstrates is that you weren't interested in having an actual discussion to begin with.

Now, respond to my posts about insect legs.  You are putting yourself at risk of moderator intervention because you're breaking the forum rules - specifically that you're using tactics to avoid addressing points raised against you.  Continuing to do so would be extremely unwise.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #532 on: February 26, 2014, 09:52:30 PM »

"I've, admittedly, called him a dishonest tard, but that's the only instance I can think of for myself."

See post 125 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25917.msg587069.html#msg587069

NEXT time, before you have a go at me, think 100 times and look at your own actions ... now who looks like the "bigoted moron" you accuse me of?

"Takes one to know one" is a rather juvenile[1] defense, don't you think?
 1. Not to mention ineffective

- Eddie Izzard

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #533 on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:49 PM »
Indeed.  Using someone else's behavior as an excuse for your own is, well, not exactly what I'd call an example of a reasoned, mature attitude.

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #534 on: February 26, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »

I'm sorry, but the effect that dividing it is nothing.

What appears to be the case is a misunderstanding.  Now I'm not going to attempt to exonerate or blame Nam for any intention or lack-thereof in the understanding of your post, but you didn't exactly make it unabashedly clear that you were speaking as a hypothetical 'sunday keeper'.

Frankly, your intended message was a little murky, and part of the problem stems from that.  I'm going to repost your original (the actual original), with additions that would have made it more clear (in red):

It is not the fault of religion, but the fault of man. Man is subjectively choosing his religion based on feelings or opinions. He only objectively chooses it when it is based on facts. 

i.e.  The Bible says keep the sabbath.  So objectively I will accept it, based on the historical evidence if appropiate, and the Bible verse in addition to it. To be objective in this way, is to keep the day the Bible (internal evidence) and history (external evidence) say is correct, even though others keep sunday, which has no scriptural support whatsoever.

Someone who is trying to justify their acceptance of Sunday as the sabbath (who I'll call a 'Sunday keeper'), for example, may do the following:
I am being subjective in choosing my religion when I say, the Bible says keep the Sabbath, but because the majority of the church keep sunday, and because I dont want to give up playing football at 10am every saturday with my friends, I keep sunday because its more convenient to do so, even though there is no command anywhere in the Bible to keep sunday holy. Then I will reinterpet scripture, where it says we are to keep the commandments of God, to mean regarding the sabbath day "any day I feel like to keep, as long as its just one day".
<insert paragraph break>
When someone places their views and desires above the bible, you get subjective interpretation. The Bible says what it says, but it must be taken in context with the whole canon.

Now, if you had that little tidbit in there, and Nam's post had left out that bit in red, then I'd say it would have been fairly evident that Nam was intentionally misrepresenting what you said.  As it stands right now, I'd be inclined to attribute it to hasty reading and a misunderstanding.  If you want to view it as intentional, go nuts.

There was distortion of your intended message.  Please understand that, at least a part of that, is due to the fact that your post was less than perfectly obvious in conveying that intended message.

EDITING my posts to make it SAY what YOU want, may be "clearer" to "you"  and fit in with what you WISH it so say, but I'M the author here, NOT you, not nam, so take it as I said it, DO NOT re-write it.  Just accept the fact nam is an asshole, as he said in his own words (see post 389).

And Jdawg, I issue you with the same notice as I did Nam.  Only this time, you can edit all the times it says "asshole" and "nam" and apply them to yourself, because you're so good at re-interpreting what I've written. So this is also the last time I respond to a troll like you.  Obviously, you wont see the truth as I give it, so therefore I remove it from you from not responding to you any further.  This is how I will treat all derailing time wasting idiots on this forum from now on. 

This is now a note from me to all trolls like Nam, see post 516 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602971.html#msg602971

I didnt come here for trolling knuckleheads to waste hours responding to their baseless twaddle.

Everyone else..

Now, are there ANY sensible questions and topics to be discussed here?

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #535 on: February 26, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »
Imagine that, SwordOfGod's only response to me was to link back to one of his "I won, case closed" posts.

In a discussion such as this, it is extremely dishonest for someone to declare 'victory' and use it as an excuse not to address any other points on the matter.  I have asked four times now for him to respond to my points about insect legs.  His only response all four times is to claim that he 'won' (which is purely arbitrary and meaningless) and to use that as an excuse not to respond.

SwordOfGod, declaring that you 'won' is meaningless in a discussion such as this.  The only thing it demonstrates is that you weren't interested in having an actual discussion to begin with.

Now, respond to my posts about insect legs.  You are putting yourself at risk of moderator intervention because you're breaking the forum rules - specifically that you're using tactics to avoid addressing points raised against you.  Continuing to do so would be extremely unwise.

Really?  Im so scared.  What will I do?? ... There are many other posts with questions well ahead of yours.  If you were not here when the case was closed, then that's not my problem. Your questions are answered, look harder. If you don't like the answers, again, not my problem.  An atheist conceded defeat, I rest my case.  Challenge another as my debate was not with you in the first place anyway, but even if it was, going around in circles reposting the same responses about 6 legs, 4 legs, 4 legs 6 legs, blah blah, blah, makes no valuable use of time.  It gets to a point where evidence presented by my opponents is not even based on science texts. Ive proved my point and won.  Im here to chat and discuss, not to debate in the formal sense of the word.

Furthermore, to correct your error, I have written rather lengthy, detailed, sourced replies to many about this topic already way before you turned up demanding these "new" answers to your very recent questions, so you cannot rightly claim I "weren't interested in having an actual discussion to begin with." that's just fictional make believe, considering all the evidence of my previous postings. 

Now go back and read my previous posts as I will not answer any more questions on that topic.  As far as I am concerned, that topic is now closed.  I will not entertain anymore questions on that topic.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:35:49 PM by SwordOfGod »

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #536 on: February 26, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
Hey sword, start a new topic. With your perfect track record and impeccable credentials, you should be able to wipe the floor with us no matter what the subject. But if you get to choose, they by golly, it will be twice as fun.

I suggest that you declare yourself the winner right off the bat, to set the tone, and then you could consult a thesaurus to find even cooler things to call us when we disappoint you. After that, you could write a tell-it-all NYT best seller detailing how you creamed us at every turn.

We're wondering why you weren't at the NFL combines this week, impressing the scouts, etc. Of course, you may have been there, and only operating here under a pseudonym. I wouldn't be surprised. You'd be the only starting quarterback with a Nobel Prize, three PhD's, final say on all matters regarding Jeopardy and the Guinness Book of World Records, veto power over Simon and whatever talent show he is on now, plus total control over all my first-borns. A heavy load, I know. Between all that stuff, your duets with Justin Beiber, and being in the next "Expendables" movie with billing above Stallone and Arnold, you're gonna have a hell of time sticking around here and signing more autographs, but I'm pretty sure you'll do it. I've got faith.

Sorry your ego-ectomy didn't work, though. We were all pulling for you.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #537 on: February 26, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Really?  Im so scared.  What will I do?? ...
Taunts like this are meaningless.  What would be smart is to go ahead and at least acknowledge that you will answer my posts at at later time.  But what you actually do is up to you as long as you're willing to bear the consequences.

Quote from: SwordOfGod
There are many other posts with questions well ahead of yours.  If you were not here when the case was closed, then that's not my problem.
No, your problem is that you don't get to arbitrarily declare a case closed, especially when it's based on a single person's statement.  The fact of the matter is that ParkingPlaces was stating his opinion on the matter, and opinions only demonstrate what a single person thinks, not whether it's accurate or anything else.

Your questions are answered, look harder.
Clearly I disagree (and I did read them).  Perhaps you should consider that your answers were not as good as you think they were?

If you don't like the answers, again, not my problem. An atheist conceded defeat, I rest my case.
No, your problem is that a single atheist "conceding defeat"  doesn't justify claiming victory over everyone else involved, no matter how much you would like it to.  And using that claim of victory as an excuse to avoid responding to what other people say is a violation of the forum rules.

Challenge another as my debate was not with you in the first place anyway,
Discussion threads like this are not debates.  There is a debate room forum, and you are welcome to have one-on-one debates with people there.  But a thread like this is a discussion; you can't 'win' it the way you think.  To attempt to do so doesn't work and it makes people press you harder and harder on it.

but even if it was, going around in circles reposting the same responses about 6 legs, 4 legs, 4 legs 6 legs, blah blah, blah, makes no valuable use of time.  It gets to a point where evidence presented by my opponents is not even based on science texts. Ive proved my point and won.  Im here to chat and discuss, not to debate in the formal sense of the word.
I'm not asking you to repost the same responses, I'm expecting you to respond to what I brought up which was not the same point you'd previously addressed as far as I can tell.  If it is, point me to the specific argument that addresses it.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #538 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:02 PM »
Note to everyone else. I was being factitious when I said he'd won. Apparently my using a few words with more than four letters threw him off. I told him this but he ignored it, since it was inconvenient. But I'm not about to roll over and play dead to a theist who thinks he's right because he thinks he's right.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. My video of a grasshopper walking on ground with six legs trumped the crap out of his crippled bug trying to walk on a slippery radiator. I fell prey to his lack of standards.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #539 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:14 PM »
Note to everyone else. I was being factitious when I said he'd won. Apparently my using a few words with more than four letters threw him off. I told him this but he ignored it, since it was inconvenient. But I'm not about to roll over and play dead to a theist who thinks he's right because he thinks he's right.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. My video of a grasshopper walking on ground with six legs trumped the crap out of his crippled bug trying to walk on a slippery radiator. I fell prey to his lack of standards.
Hey, he still thinks my concession of defeat with respect to the 'twist the facts to fit the prophesy game' is some kind of meaningful victory.

He could be reading all kinds of bullplop into your posts.

- Eddie Izzard

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
Hey sword, start a new topic. With your perfect track record and impeccable credentials, you should be able to wipe the floor with us no matter what the subject. But if you get to choose, they by golly, it will be twice as fun.

I suggest that you declare yourself the winner right off the bat, to set the tone, and then you could consult a thesaurus to find even cooler things to call us when we disappoint you. After that, you could write a tell-it-all NYT best seller detailing how you creamed us at every turn.

We're wondering why you weren't at the NFL combines this week, impressing the scouts, etc. Of course, you may have been there, and only operating here under a pseudonym. I wouldn't be surprised. You'd be the only starting quarterback with a Nobel Prize, three PhD's, final say on all matters regarding Jeopardy and the Guinness Book of World Records, veto power over Simon and whatever talent show he is on now, plus total control over all my first-borns. A heavy load, I know. Between all that stuff, your duets with Justin Beiber, and being in the next "Expendables" movie with billing above Stallone and Arnold, you're gonna have a hell of time sticking around here and signing more autographs, but I'm pretty sure you'll do it. I've got faith.

Sorry your ego-ectomy didn't work, though. We were all pulling for you.

Ahh bless.   ;D lol... you made me laugh PP.

I respond well to all who do not grind the trolls axe, i.e, you, and give as good as I get to those who do, no need to mention any names.  Im not going to pretend Im a person full of wonderful virtues, just because I'm a Christian.  Christianity is a journey, its not a moral trophy to say "I've made it" and now Im the most virtuous person on earth... that would not be honest. Instead, we live and learn. I hope at least.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
EDITING my posts to make it SAY what YOU want, may be "clearer" to "you"  and fit in with what you WISH it so say, but I'M the author here, NOT you, not nam, so take it as I said it, DO NOT re-write it.  Just accept the fact nam is an asshole, as he said in his own words (see post 389).

And Jdawg, I issue you with the same notice as I did Nam.  Only this time, you can edit all the times it says "asshole" and "nam" and apply them to yourself, because you're so good at re-interpreting what I've written. So this is also the last time I respond to a troll like you.  Obviously, you wont see the truth as I give it, so therefore I remove it from you from not responding to you any further.  This is how I will treat all derailing time wasting idiots on this forum from now on. 
That the above is how you respond to my post is just ridiculous.  I'm sorry, but I just do not see how a reasonable person would react in this manner to what I had posted.

It was adamantly clear in my post where I had made earnestly helpful suggestions that may either prevent further misunderstandings or make more evidently clear cases of disingenuous behavior.  Perhaps the suggestions are not at all helpful to you, but I fail to see how you could interpret my suggestions as an attempt to twist and distort your intent.  I was trying to help you convey your ideas and intentions for maximum understandability.

That you see it as trollish behavior is baffling.

This is now a note from me to all trolls like Nam, see post 516 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,25855.msg602971.html#msg602971

I didnt come here for trolling knuckleheads to waste hours responding to their baseless twaddle.

Everyone else..

Now, are there ANY sensible questions and topics to be discussed here?
That depends - are you going to start acting like an adult?

- Eddie Izzard

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Really?  Im so scared.  What will I do?? ...
Taunts like this are meaningless.  What would be smart is to go ahead and at least acknowledge that you will answer my posts at at later time.  But what you actually do is up to you as long as you're willing to bear the consequences.

There are many other posts with questions well ahead of yours.  If you were not here when the case was closed, then that's not my problem.
No, your problem is that you don't get to arbitrarily declare a case closed, especially when it's based on a single person's statement.  The fact of the matter is that ParkingPlaces was stating his opinion on the matter, and opinions only demonstrate what a single person thinks, not whether it's accurate or anything else.

Your questions are answered, look harder.
Clearly I disagree (and I did read them).  Perhaps you should consider that your answers were not as good as you think they were?

If you don't like the answers, again, not my problem. An atheist conceded defeat, I rest my case.
No, your problem is that a single atheist "conceding defeat"  doesn't justify claiming victory over everyone else involved, no matter how much you would like it to.  And using that claim of victory as an excuse to avoid responding to what other people say is a violation of the forum rules.

Challenge another as my debate was not with you in the first place anyway,
Discussion threads like this are not debates.  There is a debate room forum, and you are welcome to have one-on-one debates with people there.  But a thread like this is a discussion; you can't 'win' it the way you think.  To attempt to do so doesn't work and it makes people press you harder and harder on it.

but even if it was, going around in circles reposting the same responses about 6 legs, 4 legs, 4 legs 6 legs, blah blah, blah, makes no valuable use of time.  It gets to a point where evidence presented by my opponents is not even based on science texts. Ive proved my point and won.  Im here to chat and discuss, not to debate in the formal sense of the word.
I'm not asking you to repost the same responses, I'm expecting you to respond to what I brought up which was not the same point you'd previously addressed as far as I can tell.  If it is, point me to the specific argument that addresses it.

Correction, I have no problem.  Your the one with questions, not me.

I will not discuss this further and the case is closedas far as I'm concerned since I was replying to a large number of forum members simultaneously.  It is not physically possible to reply to all.  I select those which I believe are most appropriate to answer, and to me your grasshopper questions are now not the most appropriate to answer in this thread. The case maybe open for you and others, "among yourselves"  but as no one can force me to answer any additional question on that topic, I choose to exercise my right to move on.  However, because of your attempt to effectively "demand" an answer, I now blatantly  refuse to give you any further communication on this topic as a matter of principle, regardless - as I do not appreciate being dictated to.  I want serious discussion, not a "atheist coup" for who answers what, when and how.

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #543 on: February 27, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »

OK... I accept your points as valid, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.  I will revoke what I've said to you previously.  There's a lot of theist bashing here and nam wasnt really helping the forum gel with his trolling, but thats just my view, Im not expecting you to agree.

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #544 on: February 27, 2014, 12:19:10 AM »
Bullcrap, utter and unmitigated bullcrap. Communism is a Dogma and shares a great deal of things in common with religion:

(1)A Holy Text
(2)A group of interpreters of said text supported through force
(3)Geographically isolated lead interpreters have differing interpretations(schism) which have led to conflict
(4)A resistance to evidence, to the point of mocking, jailing, and killing those that attempt to show that evidence
(5)Saints, revered dead figures that serve as icons

A lack of belief had jack and crap to do with it.

This topic seems rather interesting... Going to bed now though.

zzzzzz

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #545 on: February 27, 2014, 01:19:02 AM »
Correction, I have no problem.  Your the one with questions, not me.
Actually, if you keep acting like this, you'll get your nose rubbed in those problems you think you don't have, and and it won't be by me.

I will not discuss this further and the case is closedas far as I'm concerned since I was replying to a large number of forum members simultaneously.  It is not physically possible to reply to all.  I select those which I believe are most appropriate to answer, and to me your grasshopper questions are now not the most appropriate to answer in this thread. The case maybe open for you and others, "among yourselves"  but as no one can force me to answer any additional question on that topic, I choose to exercise my right to move on.
Got it, you wanted a 'win' and once you got one, you lost interest in the subject.  Well, as you say, I can't force you to respond, but you need to dial the attitude back quite a lot, for your own good.  Because right now, you come across a lot more like a troll to me than Nam ever did.

However, because of your attempt to effectively "demand" an answer, I now blatantly  refuse to give you any further communication on this topic as a matter of principle, regardless - as I do not appreciate being dictated to.  I want serious discussion, not a "atheist coup" for who answers what, when and how.
If you wanted a serious discussion, you wouldn't try to claim 'wins' over the whole forum because of what one person said.  Just exactly how do you think that kind of thing comes across?  There were several people involved in that discussion when you arbitrarily declared that the case was closed, effectively telling each and every one of them that you weren't interested in anything they had to say, you were just interested in validating what you already believed to be true.

Consider what happened as a result.  Two days and sixty-plus posts later, you're still having to deal with people pressing you on the subject.  You not only failed to close the subject, you actually got other people (like me) involved in it.  Worse than that, you attempted to deal with those additional questions and points by simply repeating yourself about how one member sorta-kinda agreed with you and that meant the case was closed.  It didn't really work out very well, did it?

I suspect a number of the people involved in this topic are fairly well convinced that you're not interested in discussion or engaging differing opinions, but merely 'proving' that what you already believe is true.  The way to change that is not to draw lines in the sand, nor tell people that you're absolutely definitely not responding to them again on a subject, nor retaliate against people with profanity and insults.  That doesn't mean you have to exercise infinite patience or respond to every single point raised on an issue, but it does mean you need to keep your cool.

There's an easy way you could have tabled the discussion about insect legs without coming across as condescending or insulting.  I even touched on it early on; the point of that section of Leviticus was to state what was clean and unclean.  It was not about providing precise taxonomical descriptions of clean and unclean organisms, it was to make sure they had a good enough idea of what to look for so they could avoid becoming unclean.  If you had done something along those lines, it would have been much more reasonable - people here tend to respect opinions, even ones they don't totally agree with, so long as the person presenting those opinions doesn't come across as a jerk.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2014, 02:02:57 AM »

Using a misunderstanding between Nam and myself as a defense for yourself only strengthens my point.
Also admitting that I've called skeptic a dishonest tard (I wasn't even talking about Nam in that instance btw) doesn't make me a hypocrite.
What makes me a hypocrite is repeatedly doing it, which I have not.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2014, 03:47:55 AM »

<insert paragraph break>

It's not a "misunderstanding". It is what he said. If that's not what he meant, he shouldn't go on a whining spree and cry foul but that's exactly what he did, and he blamed me for it in the process.

I misunderstood nothing; I took nothing out of context; the guy is just a fuckin' douchebag.

-Nam
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:59:36 AM by Nam »

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2014, 03:53:43 AM »

I remember, you used "" to signify you were being sarcastic. I never said anything because I found it all hilarious, especially since he actually thought you conceded.

-Nam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #549 on: February 27, 2014, 03:56:42 AM »

OK... I accept your points as valid, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.  I will revoke what I've said to you previously.  There's a lot of theist bashing here and nam wasnt really helping the forum gel with his trolling, but thats just my view, Im not expecting you to agree.

I'm not the troll asswipe, YOU ARE!

-Nam

Offline SwordOfGod

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-35
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2014, 08:06:16 AM »

Using a misunderstanding between Nam and myself as a defense for yourself only strengthens my point.
Also admitting that I've called skeptic a dishonest tard (I wasn't even talking about Nam in that instance btw) doesn't make me a hypocrite.
What makes me a hypocrite is repeatedly doing it, which I have not.

which you have, hence your stupid trolling bullshit above. so, whatever you say "bigoted moron" and you "dishonest tard"

Kiss that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:08:55 AM by SwordOfGod »