Author Topic: should you invest in Answers in Genesis?  (Read 334 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +858/-31
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-11
Re: should you invest in Answers in Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »

I know a certain seasharkgull would who's avatar represents making a mockery of evolution and obviously this site either encouraged him or he hasn't yet found these like-minded... Ummm promoters.  Glad you saw this too.
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +152/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »
Maybe they should try Kickstarter.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +246/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
You mean like apples or wine?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +152/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
It's the latest in fundraising...

http://www.kickstarter.com/
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +260/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »
^^^I don't think kickstarter is approved in Genesis  :laugh:

...... ok, that might have only been funny to me. I'm avoiding doing homework.
“Be skeptical. But when you get proof, accept proof.” –Michael Specter

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-3
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »
Heck no.  They are a financial catastrophe.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2015/01/25/would-you-invest-in-answers-in-genesis/#more-22295

Is Answers in Genesis a for-profit or not-for-profit organization?  In other words do they rely on investors or donations for their revenue?

As always,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +665/-23
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
From Wiki:

[wiki]Answers in Genesis[/wiki] (AiG) is a non-profit, fundamentalist, creationist apologetics ministry with a particular focus on supporting young Earth creationism (YEC), rejecting the scientific consensus on common descent and on the age of the Earth. It also advocates a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative and claims the correct understanding of natural phenomena reveals its interpretation of Genesis to be scientifically accurate.

Answers in Genesis owns the Creation Museum. Answers in Genesis is also currently creating the Ark Encounter, a full-size replica of Noah's Ark. The organization has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. It had offices in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, but in 2006 these seceded to form 'Creation'.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +858/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »
Is Answers in Genesis a for-profit or not-for-profit organization?  In other words do they rely on investors or donations for their revenue?

As always,

OldChurchGuy

Like any religious con, they are most definitely for the profit of those who own the business, but the wrap themselves in religion so they can claim nonprofit status to avoide taxes.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +139/-3
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 08:50:30 PM »
From Wiki:

[wiki]Answers in Genesis[/wiki] (AiG) is a non-profit, fundamentalist, creationist apologetics ministry with a particular focus on supporting young Earth creationism (YEC), rejecting the scientific consensus on common descent and on the age of the Earth. It also advocates a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative and claims the correct understanding of natural phenomena reveals its interpretation of Genesis to be scientifically accurate.

Answers in Genesis owns the Creation Museum. Answers in Genesis is also currently creating the Ark Encounter, a full-size replica of Noah's Ark. The organization has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. It had offices in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, but in 2006 these seceded to form 'Creation'.

Apparently they do not embrace the Prosperity Doctrine as exemplified by Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker some decades ago.  Otherwise, they would be awash in money.

I see where Ken Ham had a debate with Bill Nye (the Science Guy) a year ago and they still revel in their "victory".  Oddly, Nye also sees it as a victory for his viewpoint.  It is my opinion any time an Apologist ends a discussion by not changing their mind, they see it as a victory.  :)

As always,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama