Author Topic: Right-wing pastor wants you to stop buying ******* Girl Scout cookies  (Read 246 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Not sure if this is the proper board. Found on AF. The censored word in the title is "l e s b i a n", which, for some reason, sets off whatever filter is enabled on the forum.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/girl-scouts-promote-lesbianism-says-pastor

My reaction: lolwut
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +507/-12
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Right-wing pastor wants you to stop buying ******* Girl Scout cookies
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
I loved the bit right at the end.

Swanson said that if listeners continue to buy Girl Scout cookies, they should “take a big, fat, black magic marker” and “start marking out all of the references to the Girl Scouts of America on all the boxes.”
So, you can buy the cookies, as long as you mark out any references to the GSA on the boxes.  *eyeroll*

Do people actually take this person seriously?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
^^ Loved that part, too.  You can still give your money to the GSA as long as you pretend you didn't give your money to the GSA!
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »
The problem you have in the USA is too many laws. It should be legal to storm the radio station, drag this numb nuts out from behind the microphone and let fly with a  few upper-cuts.

The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +507/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
The problem you have in the USA is too many laws. It should be legal to storm the radio station, drag this numb nuts out from behind the microphone and let fly with a  few upper-cuts.
Hey, that's not a bad idea.  We could even call it freedom of speech - we're just letting our fists do the talking.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
If everyone was allowed to do this I could see some of the hard right wingers foregoing the upper-cuts and instead go straight to their sidearms. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
Damn Girl Scouts and their "I got to have them"   cookies.  It is a commie plot of major proportions. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »
If everyone was allowed to do this I could see some of the hard right wingers foregoing the upper-cuts and instead go straight to their sidearms.

What, you mean go 'postal'?

;)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +685/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
Funny how they have to make up their own problems when not enough real ones exist.

My guess is that men on the right have noticed that if they feed their wives and/or mistresses donuts, said females become lesbians. And they don't want the same thing happening to the poor little girl scouts.

There has to be some sort of backstory here. Idiots have limited imaginations. But I guess within those limits, there are still a lot of ways to be wrong.

The irony, of course, is that Oreo's and other commercially successful cookie brands, which are sold year round, tend to make people fat and prone to heart disease, etc. Which the right considers less harmful than lesbians. Because that isn't an issue for them.

A strange group.

Even though I'm on a frickin' diet, when the neighbor girls start selling them next time around I'll have to buy extra, just to irk the idiots. This is getting spend.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +685/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »

What, you mean go 'postal'?

;)

A hobby of postal employees a decade or so ago was to get angry and shoot up the mail room, killing as many as possible before inevitably dying themselves. While such a fine American tradition should not be demeaned by being artificially consigned to just one group, in this case it was at least partially justified.

Going postal = shooting up the joint and its inhabitants.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
^ Yeah, it was just a poor attempt at humour, what with Rev45 being a mail employee and all.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
Er, when my niece was in the brownies (mini-girl scouts) it was notably christian in flavor.  :o
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:17:58 PM »
Both the Boy and Girl Scouts have been getting deliberately more inclusive in the US, which of course terrifies the conservatives and anyone else fearful of that kind of change. What's even scarier for them is that it reflects the overall increasing tolerance and diversity of their (our) society and culture.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Both the Boy and Girl Scouts have been getting deliberately more inclusive in the US, which of course terrifies the conservatives and anyone else fearful of that kind of change. What's even scarier for them is that it reflects the overall increasing tolerance and diversity of their (our) society and culture.
Good observation.  They can try to suppress voting to hold on to their old ways but they are having trouble controlling society and organizations. Maybe in 10 or 15 years most of them will have died off.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
Good observation.  They can try to suppress voting to hold on to their old ways but they are having trouble controlling society and organizations. Maybe in 10 or 15 years most of them will have died off.

A point. Unfortunately, it's not as if xenophobia and distrust of change in general are endemic to a particular group of people; new generations can discover old hatreds for themselves.

I think as a whole we are changing for the better, but let's not take it for granted. One of the keys to sustaining this kind of progress is continuing to educate people how much better things are now than in some nostalgic past that never existed. How society prospers and improves when everyone has a voice and a stake in the future.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius