Author Topic: CA Church claims it raises the dead, faith heals  (Read 196 times)

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
CA Church claims it raises the dead, faith heals
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
http://archive.redding.com/news/faith-healings-dead-raising-teams-part-of-bethel-experience-ep-377152376-355396981.html/

They even have "healing rooms"

http://bethelredding.com/content/healing-rooms

However, a child of the Music Ministry CEO at that particular church is desperately ill and no healing seems to be forthcoming. Parents have had to resort to the obviously inferior, man made medical science and have set up a Go Fund Me account to raise money for mounting medical bills.

http://pulpitandpen.org/2018/01/01/bethel-church-cant-heal-desperately-sick-child-of-their-music-ceo/

Offline magicmiles 2.0

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-30
Re: CA Church claims it raises the dead, faith heals
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:05:48 AM »
Disgraceful. Makes me so angry.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:38:59 AM »

MM why are you angry?  Your bible promises this kind of stuff.  Why would you doubt that they are telling the truth? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »

MM why are you angry?  Your bible promises this kind of stuff.  Why would you doubt that they are telling the truth?
Correct.  In several places it unambiguously promises it. Most Christians would just accept it because they want it to be true.  My question is, why aren't Christian believers from around the world coming to that church en masse to receive miracle healing for themselves or their loved one? I'll tell you, because deep down they know there's no such thing.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »

Correct.  In several places it unambiguously promises it. Most Christians would just accept it because they want it to be true.  My question is, why aren't Christian believers from around the world coming to that church en masse to receive miracle healing for themselves or their loved one? I'll tell you, because deep down they know there's no such thing.

it's along the lines of the Pope never going to Lourdes to be healed but to a state of the art hospital. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +125/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Exactly - and why wouldn't there be incredible excitement, and Christians screaming at us to go there, just once?  They'd be begging us to go, that it would change our lives, etc.  It's the same concept as Christians claiming to be talking with God.  When they tell you that, do they really seem excited?  I haven't seen that - I just see someone regurgitating what they've heard from others - that they talk with him every day, he brings peace, etc.  But there's no real excitement behind it.  If you were really talking with God, you'd go bananas with excitement.  These same Christians who say they're talking with God everyday, and do so in a calm manner, go completely nuts when their sports team wins a championship.  Isn't that strange?  Why not the same passion with God as with the Chicago Cubs finally winning?

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +555/-11
  • Proudly 'biased' against the supernatural
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
^^^The people who get excited about the conversations they have with god get diagnosed with schizophrenia. Which in turns raises some other interesting questions.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »
^^^The people who get excited about the conversations they have with god get diagnosed with schizophrenia. Which in turns raises some other interesting questions.

Yep. Back when I was a believer, I had to take a psychiatric test in order to get a job I applied for. One question they asked me was "Do you hear voices?" I said no.

Later on, I thought to myself, why wouldn't I have told the psychiatrist that I hear from God? After all, if I'm hearing from the all knowing, all powerful creator of the universe, shouldn't that be something to be proud of? Think of how valuable an employee that would make me? Any big issue that comes up, I can just consult God and all would be well.

Truth is, no believer who claims that God talks to them would ever mention that on a job interview and for obvious reasons. That really says something about the cognitive dissonance that the believer suffers.

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 08:55:48 AM »

Exactly - and why wouldn't there be incredible excitement, and Christians screaming at us to go there, just once?  They'd be begging us to go, that it would change our lives, etc.  It's the same concept as Christians claiming to be talking with God.  When they tell you that, do they really seem excited?  I haven't seen that - I just see someone regurgitating what they've heard from others - that they talk with him every day, he brings peace, etc.  But there's no real excitement behind it.  If you were really talking with God, you'd go bananas with excitement.  These same Christians who say they're talking with God everyday, and do so in a calm manner, go completely nuts when their sports team wins a championship.  Isn't that strange?  Why not the same passion with God as with the Chicago Cubs finally winning?

Because deep down, even the most devout believer knows what is actually happening or should I say, what is best NOT actually happening

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
Because deep down, even the most devout believer knows what is actually happening or should I say, what is best NOT actually happening

that seems to be the case.  They can come up with reasons why it doesn't happen, but can't show that it does.  It's not terribly surprising that MM couldn't explain why he was angry about his fellow Christians' antics.