Author Topic: This is what gods promise meant from the rainbow. Pssshhhht.  (Read 312 times)

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +36/-0

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +36/-0
Re: This is what gods promise meant from the rainbow. Pssshhhht.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »
Maybe its not as blatant to others as it is to me.

Again, God said to Noah and his sons:

9 I am going to make a solemn promise to you and to everyone who will live after you. 10 This includes the birds and the animals that came out of the boat. 11 I promise every living creature that the earth and those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood.

12-13 The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever. 14 When I send clouds over the earth, and a rainbow appears in the sky, 15 I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures. Never again will I let floodwaters destroy all life. 16 When I see the rainbow in the sky, I will always remember the promise that I have made to every living creature. 17 The rainbow will be the sign of that solemn promise.

Maybe he was serious about the ALL in the statement.

MAYBE I CANT READ.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1176/-6
  • This space for rent
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »
Yep, if he meant all, that means he can pull another Noah and get it down to a pair of each critter and a few humans. Not much of a promise if you ask me.

By the way, can you imagine the bureaucratic hurdles a modern Noah would have to go through to build a big boat in his back yard?"

What I lack in sophistication I make up for with other shortcomings.

Offline DrPancake

• Freshman
  • Darwins +6/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
Not like he doesn't have a million other ways to cause death and suffering.

but hey, pretty rainbows.

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +36/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
Even better that he knew that picture would be posted and seen by me causing emotions and eventually posting on this site. He knows. Oh and god....thanks for hummingbirds also.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +407/-9
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
God does know the rainbow has been taken by the gays...right? ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Professor
  • Darwins +184/-16
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
He did not clearly state that typhoons,earthquakes,hurricanes and other nature caused events would not cause flooding....Just that he (God) would spare humanity from HIS actions

10,000 people in one village alone in the Philipines,good thing "God" does not kill people with his "actions" anymore.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +36/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »
Philippines braces for new storm amid typhoon's chaotic aftermath. And then god was like.....
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/11/11/recovery-in-typhoonravagedphilippinesthwartedbydesperationdisarr.html

and all his faithful were praising him, offering thanks for surviving the first storm. "oh god has a purpose for me, and there was a purpose to loosing my wife and children in the first storm. They were weak. And the good lord took them home to him." (made up quote)