Author Topic: Christians; Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Dominic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-9
Re: Christians; Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »
The belief that everything arose by chance is so much more extreme than the craziest of religions.  It is surprising that any self respecting and even minimally educated person can pretend to hold onto that position.

So you prefer the convenience of a god who is infinite so he never had to evolve or anything. And he looked like us. With a penis and legs and everything. Always existing. Never having had to be formed. Having no cause. Infinite. Convenient.

You have faith in a story from long ago, and trust it more than modern science. Lacking evidence, other than others who believe the same thing (which is not evidence, by the way) And with that you think you understand everything. Enough so that you can laugh at all who disagree with you.

Staring at a crystal or a flower or a bacterium or a finger and saying "He made this all for us" takes quite an ego. He apparently also made a universe far more vast than we humans will ever need. He could have gotten by with one star and one planet, instead he made 100 billion galaxies, each with an average of perhaps 400 billiions. Scientists estimate that our galaxy alone has  as many as 40 billion earth-sized planets. And you are saying that nothing could ever have happened without your god.

When one is astonished and decides to study our universe, one becomes a scientist. When one is astonished, mouth agape, too stunned to study, too amazed to think about it, too willing to give the universe a simple minded answer, they turn to religion. With self-appointed pride.

Science doesn't know everything, but the claims that it makes, the things that it knows something about, has evidence. Religion has a story, and as you are demonstrating, it requires a built-in gullibility. Plus the ability to fend off information by the ton. Religion, as it makes claims about reality that don't match anything but the thoughts that bind it, blunders forward, burning heretics and witches, flying into buildings, blaming storms on gays, claiming righteousness and shuttering at every change in society. And simultaneously claiming they know everything that they need to know.

It is surprising that any self respecting and even minimally educated person can pretend to hold onto that position. Well, not surprising. Inevitable, apparently. Once you have an uneducated enough population. That you can scare.

What you don't understand is that it is hard to parse reality when you're busy pissing in your own jeans because you don't know yet if you're going to get into heaven. That sure must be distracting.

I made no mention of faith.  Did any of your diatribe address the issue ?  Is the universe random ?  If not (or partially not) then what other factor is at work which gave rise to the ingenuity of (for example) a single cell or DNA ?  What gives rise to intricate  purposeful activity ?

Do you want to offer 'natural selection' ? 'The 'natural laws' ?   Are these distinct from pure randomness or alternatively an originating purposeful intent ?  Eg are we dealing with random laws ?  If so then we are still talking about a random universe.  If non random then what is that other influence ?  The influence that gave rise to complex brains and intelligent cellular activity.  What is that elusive factor in an atheist worldview ?  I have never heard the beginnings of a coherent answer to this question.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
The problem is not that there isn't a factor. The problem is that because we dont have all the questions answered scientifically, you try to insert your god, thereby attempting to shut down the investigation.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »

The most irrefutable argument is consideration of the alternative.  If there is no intelligence behind the nature of the universe then everything arose by chance.   DNA for instance. 

Random chance vs purposeful intelligence. 

Purposeful intelligence is seen in every element of life down to the lowest observable point.

The irrefutable argument is the ridiculousness of the alternative - this being a random universe.

The belief that everything arose by chance is so much more extreme than the craziest of religions.  It is surprising that any self respecting and even minimally educated person can pretend to hold onto that position.

Dominic, and Shep, If you think you are so educated, prove that the universe does not work at random or by chance. Take a simple example. Explain how a particle of light reflected from the surface of a pond is caused in any way to be reflected?

So that was too difficult for you? How about this. Is it chance that you are here or were your parents destined to meet?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Remember, the question is 'CHRISTIANS; Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?'

The 'irrefutable argument' that life is so complex God must have done it doesn't work; because that also proves Mbombo or Atum or Ptah or Unkulunkul or Nanabozho or Viracocha or any one of thousands of creator gods exist.

CHRISTIANS; Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
Is the universe random ?  If not (or partially not) then what other factor is at work which gave rise to the ingenuity of (for example) a single cell or DNA ?  What gives rise to intricate  purposeful activity ?

Do you want to offer 'natural selection' ? 'The 'natural laws' ?   Are these distinct from pure randomness or alternatively an originating purposeful intent ?  Eg are we dealing with random laws ?  If so then we are still talking about a random universe.  If non random then what is that other influence ?  The influence that gave rise to complex brains and intelligent cellular activity.  What is that elusive factor in an atheist worldview ? I have never heard the beginnings of a coherent answer to this question.

The universe is random in the most fundamental way. Just because you have not heard or have not understood the answer does not mean there is no answer. If you answer both of my questions correctly I will try to explain to you how randomness produces the universe and scientific laws we see.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

So you prefer the convenience of a god who is infinite so he never had to evolve or anything. And he looked like us. With a penis and legs and everything. Always existing. Never having had to be formed. Having no cause. Infinite. Convenient.

You have faith in a story from long ago, and trust it more than modern science. Lacking evidence, other than others who believe the same thing (which is not evidence, by the way) And with that you think you understand everything. Enough so that you can laugh at all who disagree with you.

Staring at a crystal or a flower or a bacterium or a finger and saying "He made this all for us" takes quite an ego. He apparently also made a universe far more vast than we humans will ever need. He could have gotten by with one star and one planet, instead he made 100 billion galaxies, each with an average of perhaps 400 billiions. Scientists estimate that our galaxy alone has  as many as 40 billion earth-sized planets. And you are saying that nothing could ever have happened without your god.

When one is astonished and decides to study our universe, one becomes a scientist. When one is astonished, mouth agape, too stunned to study, too amazed to think about it, too willing to give the universe a simple minded answer, they turn to religion. With self-appointed pride.

Science doesn't know everything, but the claims that it makes, the things that it knows something about, has evidence. Religion has a story, and as you are demonstrating, it requires a built-in gullibility. Plus the ability to fend off information by the ton. Religion, as it makes claims about reality that don't match anything but the thoughts that bind it, blunders forward, burning heretics and witches, flying into buildings, blaming storms on gays, claiming righteousness and shuttering at every change in society. And simultaneously claiming they know everything that they need to know.

It is surprising that any self respecting and even minimally educated person can pretend to hold onto that position. Well, not surprising. Inevitable, apparently. Once you have an uneducated enough population. That you can scare.

What you don't understand is that it is hard to parse reality when you're busy pissing in your own jeans because you don't know yet if you're going to get into heaven. That sure must be distracting.

I made no mention of faith.  Did any of your diatribe address the issue ?  Is the universe random ?  If not (or partially not) then what other factor is at work which gave rise to the ingenuity of (for example) a single cell or DNA ?  What gives rise to intricate  purposeful activity ?

Do you want to offer 'natural selection' ? 'The 'natural laws' ?   Are these distinct from pure randomness or alternatively an originating purposeful intent ?  Eg are we dealing with random laws ?  If so then we are still talking about a random universe.  If non random then what is that other influence ?  The influence that gave rise to complex brains and intelligent cellular activity.  What is that elusive factor in an atheist worldview ?  I have never heard the beginnings of a coherent answer to this question.

If you are basing your entire thesis on thoughts such as these:

Purposeful intelligence is seen in every element of life down to the lowest observable point.

The irrefutable argument is the ridiculousness of the alternative - this being a random universe.

Then you are basing it on faith. Because you have no evidence whatsoever for that intelligence. You are looking at reality, coming up with nothing specific for an explanation, and proclaiming it intelligently designed. You have no explanations telling us the source of such intelligence (other than the assumption I come up with that it is probably your god) and you offer no demonstrations showing how this intelligence is doing it. You have no experiments showing evidence of an intelligently designed universe. You are merely looking at various examples and saying "Wow, that looks like it was intelligently designed!". With only your opinion to back it up.

If you can tell me where, besides personal interpretations and listening to the personal interpretations of others, you get the idea that the universe is intelligently designed; if you can give us something more substantial than your incredulity, I might listen to you when you say it is not something faith based. In the meantime, I can't find any other way to define it.

In other words, if the various sciences are as wrong as you say they are, your contrary opinion, on its own, is woefully inadequate to dissuade me. You need to show me more than "Golly gee!".

If I were to say "Hey, there's no frickin' way that when I hit a letter on my keyboard, it can change what I'm looking at on my computer screen. That's impossible! There HAS to be a human between my keyboard and my computer screen that sees what letter I have pressed and then writes it on the screen for me. Why you can't see that I'll never understand. It is the only possible way for it to happen!", would that be enough to cause you to change your view of how computers work?

Nothing you are offering is any more substantial than that. Hence my use of the word "faith".
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Dominic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-9
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
Remember, the question is 'CHRISTIANS; Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?'

The 'irrefutable argument' that life is so complex God must have done it doesn't work; because that also proves Mbombo or Atum or Ptah or Unkulunkul or Nanabozho or Viracocha or any one of thousands of creator gods exist.

Fair enough, I have only provided an irrefutable argument for God.  I'm not going to insist on Christianity if we're agreed on this middle ground ;-)

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »

Fair enough, I have only provided an irrefutable argument for God.  I'm not going to insist on Christianity if we're agreed on this middle ground ;-)

You have not proved anything until you answer my two questions.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »
Dominic has yet to concede a failed argument in his...what, 5 years arguing on these sites?  I doubt he'll start being honest now.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »

I neglected to respond to this part in my previous post.

You, as usual, are combining various human words in an effort to use them to your advantage. The term "natural law" is not used in the physical or biological sciences. It is restricted to the social sciences, and refers to universals in human behavior and such. But you need them for your argument, so you redefine the term so as to make it sound the way you want your argument to sound, regardless of content.

Scientific laws are only a word description of phenomena that appear to be consistent. Gravity, for instance. And said laws don't do any explaining. They merely define  what happens, not why they happen. But you like the word "law", and you want to ask us where said "laws" come from, because you are thinking, as with everything else, in very human terms, and you don't want those human terms to have a natural source.

So if you are going to misuse terms for your own convenience, do keep in mind that you do so to distort your reality rather than to make a point. Except, perhaps, to others suffering similar distortions. Which makes for no progress in any sphere.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »
It's not a personal problem for them. They simply do not need to debate. Because God is a feeling. Us atheists are practically autistic to them.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »

You don't seem to have understood the question. You say 'you are not going to insist on Christianity'? Well you see I am. That is the question I have posed to Christians; "Why Don't You Have An irrefutable Argument?" Do you or do you not have an irrefutable argument for the Christian god?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
Is the universe random ?  If not (or partially not) then what other factor is at work which gave rise to the ingenuity of (for example) a single cell or DNA ?  What gives rise to intricate  purposeful activity ?

Do you want to offer 'natural selection' ? 'The 'natural laws' ?   Are these distinct from pure randomness or alternatively an originating purposeful intent ?  Eg are we dealing with random laws ?  If so then we are still talking about a random universe.  If non random then what is that other influence ?  The influence that gave rise to complex brains and intelligent cellular activity.  What is that elusive factor in an atheist worldview ? I have never heard the beginnings of a coherent answer to this question.

The reason you have never heard an answer is because you don't want to know the answer. Try to answer these questions.

Explain how a particle of light reflected from the surface of a pond is caused in any way to be reflected?

Is it chance that you are here or were your parents destined to meet?

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +113/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
I find it interesting that Christians, and as a rule theists like to say that it's the ordered nature of the universe that proves a god exists.

Religion is in fact the lack of order.  If gods were real we wouldn't see things happening in a predictable manner.  Why couldn't a god make a planet flat, or on the back of a turtle?  Why not lava monsters on Mars?  Why not Jesus on a dinosaur?  Why couldn't god make snowflakes with little psalms on each one?  No reason at all.  Why not have all the chickens of the world speak scripture, water flow backward and magic wars between competing gods?

No reason.  Literally, no reason, because religion isn't based on reason it's based on faith confirmation bias and culture. Quite obviously so.  Had Skeptic been born in Bagdad in 900CE he's most likely not have been a Christian and would have spent his squalid life proclaiming Islam to the one true. 

Observation shows us that the world, and the universe appears to have a set of underlying rules, things like gravity, time and chemical composition matter.  Through empirical observation, scientific method and experimentation we're doing what we can to learn those rules.  The more we look the more we see that the universe isn't random, it is consistent.  It is in fact the very opposite of what we would see had it been made and revamped by a capricious god, gods or even collection of bored demons.

Faith is not reason.  This is why those of faith don't care if they have a good reason.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »
I want to see what humanity can do.  If the god of Christianity does exist exactly as, say, some single group of Christians believe,  then that idea of our future is meaningless.    Now that the Kepler telescope has identified the possibility of billions of planets within the goldilocks zone for our type of life - just in our own Milky Way galaxy - that is a first step to point to the fact that the type of evolution that science believes may be randomly possible, say, with the elements that make up proteins naturally organizing themselves (sort of like 2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen become water without god's help), could actually be true. 

What's so excellent about all this is not whether or not there is or ever was a god, but that humanity pushes on with the study in spite of religion, and WILL FIND OUT!

What's so incredibly sad about this, is the possibly, because of the differences in humanity's beliefs and the "egos" of religion, we may not get far enough as a species on this little planet's evolutionary experiment, to find out.

edit :added an apostrophe to make god's help possessive
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:50:33 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
Think Neil DeGrasse Tyson needs a word about this;

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
I find it interesting that Christians, and as a rule theists like to say that it's the ordered nature of the universe that proves a god exists.

Religion is in fact the lack of order.  If gods were real we wouldn't see things happening in a predictable manner.  Why couldn't a god make a planet flat, or on the back of a turtle?  Why not lava monsters on Mars?  Why not Jesus on a dinosaur?  Why couldn't god make snowflakes with little psalms on each one?  No reason at all.  Why not have all the chickens of the world speak scripture, water flow backward and magic wars between competing gods?

That isn't the point though.

if God did create things like that, there would be a scientific explanation why things are like that.

Chickens speaking would be the norm. Scientists would say "Chickens speak because....."
"Lava monsters exist on Mars because......"

They would come up with reasons to explain it away.

Think of humans regenerating limbs. Scientists would say "We know exactly how limbs regenrate!" just like they know how salamanders do it. Atheists don't consider salamanders regrowing limbs as a miracle, even though God made that. yet, they would consider humans doing it as a miracle.

Such is the mind of the atheist.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »
Explain how a particle of light reflected from the surface of a pond is caused in any way to be reflected?

Seriously?

it's because God created it that way.

God could have made a particle of light turn to blood when it's reflected. Then scientists would say, "When particles of light are hit the surface of a pond, they turn to blood."
It would be considered basic scientific fact.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
What's so incredibly sad about this, is the possibly, because of the differences in humanity's beliefs and the "egos" of religion, we may not get far enough as a species on this little planet's evolutionary experiment, to find out.

Actually, it is the atheists who have the biggest egos.

it takes a certain amount of humbleness and humility to admit that there is something greater than yourself.

Anyone can say, "Ain't nothin' greater than me!"

If anything, religion helps people become humble.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »

Seriously?

it's because God created it that way.

God could have made a particle of light turn to blood when it's reflected. Then scientists would say, "When particles of light are hit the surface of a pond, they turn to blood."
It would be considered basic scientific fact.

That's a very interesting non-answer.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »
The problem is not that there isn't a factor. The problem is that because we dont have all the questions answered scientifically, you try to insert your god, thereby attempting to shut down the investigation.

No.

The problem is that science can only attempt to answer the "how" but it can never answer the "why."

Think of everything that exists. It all serves a purpose. Everything created by humans is made with a purpose. Therefore, the universe was created with a purpose because nothing has ever been shown to exist without a purpose.

Science can explain HOW water is formed from H2O, but it can't explain WHY hydrogen atoms bond with oxygen atoms. That part is just a shoulder shrug.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
That's a very interesting non-answer.

That might be a reading comprehension problem then.
That can be fixed by a little study and effort.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
Skeptic, please answer seriously: Why do you keep dodging the question at hand, and refusing to give a detailed response to peoples inquiries?

All you've done basically is go "boo hoo, my god exists, you're an idiot" and throw a tantrum without giving a mature, thought out response.
Resorting to name calling, logical fallacies, and straight up ignoring serious questions speaks volumes about the strength of your position.

EDIT:
My reading comprehension is just fine thank you, I've been advised in the past to seek a career in English studies, and also advised to major in it as well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:45:01 PM by Antidote »
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
Skeptic, please answer seriously: Why do you keep dodging the question at hand, and refusing to give a detailed response to peoples inquiries?

All you've done basically is go "boo hoo, my god exists, your an idiot" and throw a tantrum without giving a mature, thought out response.
Resorting to name calling, logical fallacies, and straight up ignoring serious questions speaks volumes about the strength of your position.

I have never called anyone a name. I have been called plenty of names but I never did. I do not stoop to that level.

In fact, when Nam threw a tantrum and started calling me names, i told him that I loved him. Then he called me more names.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »
No. We love education.

We just don't like evolution being taught to our children like it's the only possible truth.

If you love education, what are your qualifications to talk about any of the subjects you have mentioned?

You have not answered the question nor the one about light. Why are you avoiding them?

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »

All you've done basically is go "boo hoo, my god exists, your an idiot" and throw a tantrum without giving a mature, thought out response.

I have never called anyone a name. I have been called plenty of names but I never did. I do not stoop to that level.

In fact, when Nam threw a tantrum and started calling me names, i told him that I loved him. Then he called me more names.

Please go through and read your own posts, you'll find that you have, in fact, called people names.

---

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 05:50:19 PM »
No. We love education.

We just don't like evolution being taught to our children like it's the only possible truth.

If you love education, what are your qualifications to talk about any of the subjects you have mentioned?

You have not answered the question nor the one about light. Why are you avoiding them?

My qualifications are simply that children should be taught the controversy. You can teach evolution, but teach creationism as well. There's really no reason to deny creationism except for a fear that children will choose that option and irritate the atheists.

You will never see a creationist being threatened by evolution. We always say, "teach both." It's the evolutionists who refuse to teach both. That is being biased and unfair.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
No. We love education.

My qualifications are simply that children should be taught the controversy. You can teach evolution, but teach creationism as well. There's really no reason to deny creationism except for a fear that children will choose that option and irritate the atheists.

You will never see a creationist being threatened by evolution. We always say, "teach both." It's the evolutionists who refuse to teach both. That is being biased and unfair.

Your demon is desperate to avoid answering. Why are you so threatened by the question?

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
Actually, it is the atheists who have the biggest egos.

it takes a certain amount of humbleness and humility to admit that there is something greater than yourself.

Anyone can say, "Ain't nothin' greater than me!"

If anything, religion helps people become humble.
Skep - you are not realizing where we are coming from at all. 
           #1  I believe you may have said Islam is not a religion, but from demons.  Is it true that you said that or am I   
                mistaken?  Anyway, do you think that the 9/11 Muslims were humble?
            #2  We are only looking for truth, not with atheism as a big ego.  On the contrary, if god exists and that is shown with
                   proof to be true, we are with you man - we are just questioning authority, dude.  You should too!  Get in - the
                   water's fine.    :)
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs