Author Topic: If you wittnessed gods biblical miracles  (Read 2152 times)

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
If you wittnessed gods biblical miracles
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
If the Red Sea were parted before your eyes and you believed it was god who saved you and did it, would you immediatly create graven images to other gods in defiance of god?

If you saw the world wiped out by an impossible rain storm that was fortold by your father, and you were spared because you were good people and realatively with out sin would you immediatly try to rape your father in his sleep in defiance of god?

If you were the Devil and you watched god create angels, heaven, the universe and man, would you challenge him to a dual to the death, knowing full well that you could not match any of gods feats??

If you were God and the devil challenged you would you feel compelled to oblige him by torturing and killing Job's family?  Or would you tell the little snot (lucifer) to shut the "F" up?

I know it is difficult to control certain supposed sins,  it is hard not to lust in some form but you could at least feel guilty,  but I think it is another story to rape your dad against his will, carve statues, murder.  Physical actions are not that hard to avoid.  Thoughts are virtually uncontrolable, but actions like these assholes did were totally functions of reason and self control
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:14:57 PM by epidemic »

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: If you wittnessed gods biblical miracles
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
You tell me.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
<snip>

Which god? Me? Astreja? Odin? Vishnu? God (also known as "Allah")?
Also Satan=/=Lucifer. Spoken like a true christian.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:23:59 PM »
<snip>

Which god? Me? Astreja? Odin? Vishnu? God (also known as "Allah")?
Also Satan=/=Lucifer. Spoken like a true christian.

I am sticking with the judeo christian when I use the singular God.  The bible I probably frame off of King james and derrivatives.  Lucifer and Satan seem to be the same thing only Lucifer was the angel who was cast out and Satan the adversary after being kicked out.

If you feel compelled to clarify further that is fine but the two usually refer to the same entity.

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-lucifer-and-satan/

I see little difference between satan and lucifer besides his residence and possibly his physical body.   

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »
I have wondered about that myself.  God must have sat back and thought, "What do I have to do to get thru to these stupid humans?"
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
I have wondered about that myself.  God must have sat back and thought, "What do I have to do to get thru to these stupid humans?"

He could get really pissed about the child sacrifice he saw the pagans doing... and send his son to be sacrificed for them! 
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »

Hmm, perhaps we shouldn't be so harsh on Yahweh after all.  If you had to deal with entire generations of idiots, you'd probably flip your shit from time to time.   :o
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »

Hmm, perhaps we shouldn't be so harsh on Yahweh after all.  If you had to deal with entire generations of idiots, you'd probably flip your shit from time to time.   :o

I have said this before.   If we are idiots it is by design.   It is pretty hard to get mad a computer program you wrote specifically to give the wrong answer when it yields the answer 2+2 = 3.   It is doing exactly what you programmed it to do.   God by defintion can not make mistakes and as such man is acting exactly to specifications.

Were I able to create a robot companion and it malfunctions I could be mad because I am not perfect and as such my creation can yield undesired responses.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +897/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »

He could get really pissed about the child sacrifice he saw the pagans doing... and send his son to be sacrificed for them!

So true. It is not bad if god does it, however. We have had Christians here tell us that is was just fine for god to kill all the people in the flood, including the children--because they were evil, doing stuff like practicing child sacrifice...wha----? :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »

So true. It is not bad if god does it, however.

Can God do wrong?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »

Can God do wrong?
Is it wrong to punish the many for the sins of the few? Would the entire school be punished for a school shooter shooting up a few classes? or would we just hold the shooter accountable?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:38:18 PM by 12 Monkeys »
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »
Can God do wrong?

Basically no. Because God (the loving omni-everything BibleGod) doesn't exist.  But read on.

If we pretend God exists, then people can do wrong in God's name and put evil ideas into their imaginary God's words. 
Religion and scriptures give us abundant examples of this - where we can quite rationally say no real God worthy of our respect and worship would do or permit such things and ideas.

If we redefine God as a brutal manipulative dictator who can contradict himself anytime then BibleGod starts to look a tiny bit plausible, and in that case  we would be able to answer that God can indeed do wrong.   
Git mit uns

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »

Can God do wrong?
Is it wrong to punish the many for the sins of the few? Would the entire school be punished for a school shooter shooting up a few classes? or would we just hold the shooter accountable?

You'd have to start with defining 'wrong', wouldn't you?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
Can God do wrong?

Basically no. Because God (the loving omni-everything BibleGod) doesn't exist.  But read on.

If we pretend God exists, then people can do wrong in God's name and put evil ideas into their imaginary God's words. 
Religion and scriptures give us abundant examples of this - where we can quite rationally say no real God worthy of our respect and worship would do or permit such things and ideas.

If we redefine God as a brutal manipulative dictator who can contradict himself anytime then BibleGod starts to look a tiny bit plausible, and in that case  we would be able to answer that God can indeed do wrong.   

A redefined anything can be easily condemned. Can God, as revealed in the bible, be wrong?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
Can God do wrong?

A redefined anything can be easily condemned. Can God, as revealed in the bible, be wrong?

You should define wrong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:35:04 PM by jetson »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »

Can God do wrong?

If the school shooter is Eve and the children are her descendants,would God punishing her descendants be wrong? For punishing them for the actions of Eve,would he be wrong?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
Can God, as revealed in the bible, be wrong?

Absolutely yes.  We know for sure that putting the blood of freshly killed lamb behind your right ear and on your right big toe doesn't cure leprosy.
Git mit uns

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Semantics are a sad reminder of the lengths that some will go to defend the actions of the all loving creator of the freaking universe.  If we have to go through the painful steps of defining wrong, only to be told that we can't do that when it comes to YHWH, then why bother?

I will say this:  commanding Joshua and his army to slaughter every man, woman, child, and animal in certain towns is wrong.  Commanding that bears maul/kill children for calling a man bald is wrong.  Killing every single human on the planet with a flood is wrong.  I could go on, but I'm sure it will be meaningless to those who cannot see the insanity of thinking that there is a legitimate excuse for such horrific behavior.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »

Absolutely yes.  We know for sure that putting the blood of freshly killed lamb behind your right ear and on your right big toe doesn't cure leprosy.
never thought of it in that way,God can't cure sickness even if he wants to. Black plague anyone?

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »

You should define wrong.

Lets go with, "that which is done contrary to the will of a legitimate authority"
Go on up you baldhead.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +897/-6
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 07:59:14 PM »
If taken literally, than of course the god of the bible is wrong. A lot of what is said in the bible is simply not true. If it is supposed to be the world of god, then god is wrong.

God did not make the planet earth in a week. Women don't come from men's ribs. There was never a global flood. Demons do not cause epilepsy and supernatural beings don't heal disease. You should not be able to pay a fine to the dad of a woman you raped and walk away. Entire cities full of people should not be destroyed for believing in the wrong religion. Children should not be penalized for something their parents did. If someone wants to pray to a statue it should be their own business--not a crime worthy of the death penalty. Slavery, oppression of women and the killing of gay people is bad and should be illegal, not encouraged.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

If the bible is only poetry, than no, the bible god is not wrong; he's just written that way.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »

You should define wrong.

Lets go with, "that which is done contrary to the will of a legitimate authority"
I have no god with that power over me I am Haida,I have no gods. We Haida don't even have a creator story
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:03:35 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »

Can you advise which bible pasage (I assume its a bible passage) you refer to here?
Go on up you baldhead.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +897/-6
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »

You should define wrong.

As long as the "legitimate authority" includes the people who are going to be subject to the rules, I'll buy that. I am not into dictatorship; even if the dictator's rules are good today, tomorrow the situation may change and his rules no longer make sense. You have to have an escape clause where you can either change the leader,  or change the rules. Preferably both.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »

Can God do wrong?

If the school shooter is Eve and the children are her descendants,would God punishing her descendants be wrong? For punishing them for the actions of Eve,would he be wrong?

Do you think no-one since Eve has done anything wrong?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 08:06:55 PM »
MM that does not answer the question,there may be some who did wrong,and some who did not. Do you punish all of them in the same way? By that I mean drowning them all?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:08:29 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »

I'm not being silly, but please explain what you mean by a "legitimate authority"?
By what process is it legitimate?
Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »
Probably the most wrong of all BibleGod's ideas was deciding that the best way to end His own requirements for human sacrifice was to go out with a really spectacular human sacrifice  :-\ 

And then go on to condemn people 2000 years later who, as a result of advances in human standards of morality, find the concept of human sacrifice and vicarious redemption unpalatable.
Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
Can you advise which bible pasage (I assume its a bible passage) you refer to here?

Leviticus 14.  The Lord said unto Moses bla bla ...  right after the bit about catching two doves, killing one over a magical brew and letting the other go  ;D
Git mit uns