Author Topic: Runner drops out of race due to 666 bib number  (Read 304 times)

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
Runner drops out of race due to 666 bib number
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
More xtian lunacy...  I bet she never rufused to wear her Nike[1] running shoes?

To her, running with the number 666 on her chest would have signified a serious breach in her faith.

"I didn't want to risk my relationship with God and try to take that number," Thacker told LEX18. "I told them to mark out my name because it makes me sick just thinking that my name is associated with that number."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/kentucky-cross-country-runner-pulls-regional-championships-rather-111318529.html
 1. The Greek goddess of victory
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +598/-19
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Runner drops out of race due to 666 bib number
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
This is especially ironic because not all Christians agree whether it's 666 or 616.  It depends on whether you take Nero's name and transliterate it into Hebrew from Greek or from Latin.

Personally, since the "number of the beast" refers to the "beast from the sea", I think using it to refer to one of the more infamous emperors of the Roman Empire, which was primarily a land-based empire, is more than a little stupid.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:53:35 AM »
About as stupid as it comes.  She deserves not to go to state if she is that stupid.  If I were her coach I'd kick her off the team for good.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »
About as stupid as it comes.  She deserves not to go to state if she is that stupid.  If I were her coach I'd kick her off the team for good.

You'd at least try to get into her pants first, right?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline IAmFirst

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:56:37 AM »
More proof that xtianity is derived through plagiarism and lunacy, not to mention made-up history.

6/66 or 6/16 was gematria. A numbering system of letters (and a history of graffiti!) that warned those newly converted Christians one very important thing at the time: Beware of Nero.

Emperor Nero, an all out poor violinist and weak leader shouted his wishes to kill all Christians, hence the leader called by satan and spilling out all the hypocritical BS in Revelation. Since Christianity is a religion written by rumor and word of mouth, years pass and many associate Nero with devil, devil with violin (a good one), and a human number.

This little girl needs to understand that her preacher is the furthest from an educated person and she should stop thinking that an everyday number negates her relationship with a fictitious deity.

Some of the comments on this story say it best. To paraphrase, as a Christian I say god bless her. Translate that into: as a believer in violent fiction, I say she's right, makes a better understanding of how mental illness is a good factor for any of the sheep.

Here's a question: why wouldn't a person, devout of a god, one who trained to be her best under god, accept the "evil" number and win the race, thus beating her devil?? Oh, I got it. The fear of winning a race with the devil's number on her back would make her a supporter of evil in the eyes of her fellow sheep. Got it.

For more reading: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2245/whats-up-with-666-the-mark-of-the-beast
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:59:51 AM by IAmFirst »
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D