Author Topic: Oh, CURSES!!  (Read 207 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Oh, CURSES!!
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Police-psychic controversy brewing in Salem

One local witch says the problem is that there’s no such thing as a curse, and if you believe in them, that’s your curse. A local warlock says it doesn’t matter if you believe in curses or not — you can’t say with conviction that another person’s convictions are wrong.

And the Salem Police Department — well, they say none of that matters because the city ordinance clearly states that psychics can only forecast the future and read the past.

Curses are a strict no-no.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline RubyLeo

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Oh, CURSES!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
I hardly know what to say......this is.......hilarious and so sad at the same time.

Woo vs. Woo.  :o

I think the sentence that stood out most to me was this one:

"In the course of the investigation, police determined that Fatima’s fortune-teller license had expired more than a year earlier and forced the studio to close."

Fortune-teller license? Really?

I had to look twice at the source of the article to ensure it wasn't something from "The Onion."

"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. "
~ Thomas Paine

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Oh, CURSES!!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
Salem just can't get over its past.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!