Author Topic: Christians Ignoring Old Testament  (Read 1289 times)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Christians Ignoring Old Testament
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »
Again, deflecting the question.  You said yourself that Jesus loved, revered, and obeyed those laws.  So why aren't you doing the same?  It's like you're implying that those laws shouldn't be revered and obeyed.

Jesus was above the law. He healed on the Sabbath. He fulfilled the OT laws from the Gentiles. Jews still must follow it.

Jews don't follow it down to the bare bones because they subconsciously know Jesus is the Messiah.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
Again, deflecting the question.  You said yourself that Jesus loved, revered, and obeyed those laws.  So why aren't you doing the same?  It's like you're implying that those laws shouldn't be revered and obeyed.

Jesus was above the law. He healed on the Sabbath. He fulfilled the OT laws from the Gentiles. Jews still must follow it.

Jews don't follow it down to the bare bones because they subconsciously know Jesus is the Messiah.

People who are "above laws" don't follow them. It seems that you think you're above the law yet reflecting that on Jesus who actually followed them.

And you don't follow the New Testament down to the bare bones of it so you must secretly be Jewish.

See how that works?

Try again.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 09:53:16 PM »
Civilised? Civilised for pussies. :P

Clearly you've never observed an omnipotent being in action. Not your fault, though. I don't usually use my powers to do stuff like this.

Of course not, I'm an atheist. I don't believe you even exist.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »

People who are "above laws" don't follow them. It seems that you think you're above the law yet reflecting that on Jesus who actually followed them.

And you don't follow the New Testament down to the bare bones of it so you must secretly be Jewish.

See how that works?

Try again.

-Nam

Please, Nam. brush up on your Biblical knowledge.

The Sabbath was made for man. Man was not made for the Sabbath.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 09:56:23 PM »

See how that works?

Try again.

-Nam

What does that have to do with everything in my comment to you?

It doesn't.

Try again.

-Nam

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »

;)

I believe you'll die without believing in Me. Again, not your fault.

-Nam

-One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »
Skeptic,

Did Jesus get crucified sinless? I mean, if Jesus followed all Jewish Law so Christians didn't have to in his sacrifice for them, then, that means to die sinless he had to follow all Commandments (Laws) in Judaism, right?

So, did he ever break any of those laws? And, if he did, doesn't that mean he died with sin and therefore he really didn't die for everyone?

-Nam

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

See how that works?

Try again.

-Nam

What does that have to do with everything in my comment to you?

It doesn't.

Try again.

-Nam

Different roles, Nam.

The same way you can't sentence a man to jail.
A judge has to do that.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Skeptic,

Did Jesus get crucified sinless? I mean, if Jesus followed all Jewish Law so Christians didn't have to in his sacrifice for them, then, that means to die sinless he had to follow all Commandments (Laws) in Judaism, right?

So, did he ever break any of those laws? And, if he did, doesn't that mean he died with sin and therefore he really didn't die for everyone?

-Nam

Tell me something, Nam. If you are scheduled to work a job from 12-8, and the manager doesn't come into work until 2, do you claim that is unfair?

Why or why not?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »

;)

I believe you'll die without believing in Me. Again, not your fault.

Of course it's not my fault. I'm perfect.

-One[1]
 1. I mean -Nam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
Skeptic,

-Nam

Tell me something, Nam. If you are scheduled to work a job from 12-8, and the manager doesn't come into work until 2, do you claim that is unfair?

Why or why not?

Answer my question and not with some stupid analogical question.

For Jesus to die for everyone he would have to die sinless. If he broke one law then he committed a sin, and therefore he died for nothing.

So did Jesus die sinless?

-Nam

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
Skeptic,

-Nam

Why or why not?

For Jesus to die force very one he would have to die sinless. If he broke one law then he committed a sin, and therefore he died for nothing.

-Nam

The author of the law that He made for human beings does not apply to the Eternal One.

Come on Nam, this is very very basic simple stuff.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
Jesus was above the law.

In your own words:

He revered it, loved it, obeyed it

Jesus being "above the law" is irrelevant. 

He healed on the Sabbath. He fulfilled the OT laws from the Gentiles. Jews still must follow it.

Again with the deflection.  Why are the laws not good enough for you?  They were good enough for Jesus.  Why do you not try to be more christ-like?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
Jesus was above the law.

In your own words:

Jesus being "above the law" is irrelevant. 

He healed on the Sabbath. He fulfilled the OT laws from the Gentiles. Jews still must follow it.

Again with the deflection.  Why are the laws not good enough for you?  They were good enough for Jesus.  Why do you not try to be more christ-like?

Your Biblical knowledge is lacking.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart. Jesus didn't say to fiddle with every single OT law.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Skeptic,

-Nam

Why or why not?

For Jesus to die force very one he would have to die sinless. If he broke one law then he committed a sin, and therefore he died for nothing.

-Nam

The author of the law that He made for human beings does not apply to the Eternal One.

Come on Nam, this is very very basic simple stuff.

Wrong. Jesus was not God. He was a man. Men commit sin. The whole point of Jesus is that he came from Heaven to live a sinless life, and in doing so was crucified for it, if he did, to save everyone.

It's God - the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. That's what the Bible says. So, please for the third time!

Did Jesus live a sinless life?

-Nam
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:18:31 PM by Nam »

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
Skeptic,

Where does Jesus say this:

"Jesus didn't say to fiddle with every single OT law."?

But I find it funny you're contradicting even what you say. No, I find it sad and obvious.

-Nam

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart. Jesus didn't say to fiddle with every single OT law.

Did Jesus ever say "do not bother with the OT laws"?

Again:

Why do you ignore/discard something that Jesus loved and revered?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 03:01:43 AM »

This is his demon again, telling people what they subconsciously know.

His demon even makes up contradictory statements about the bible. Face the facts Shep, Jesus was not a Christian.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
Yeah! He was an American! ;)

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
As is your ability to read.

You've got unaddressed points in every thread you've participated in, you dodge like you're avoiding actual bullets (relax, they're just demons which you claim you can handle), you deflect, you avoid, you redirect, you change the subject, you move the goalposts, you repeat yourself.

Save the nonsensical replies and try actually addressing the posts you reply to. Jesus doesn't approve of your behavior unless you're a Mormon.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
I never cease to be amazed at
(i)   An Almighty god who cannot make himself understood in all the languages he created at Babel
(ii)   The lame excuses that Christians offer for him
(iii)   The way Christians will bend over backwards to corrupt verses and language, merely because they are embarrassing to them.

It appears we have another misunderstanding of the text here.

Here is the answer:
http://www.gotquestions.org/abolish-fulfill-law.html
At this point we all realise that Skeptic has
(i) never before thought of this question,
(ii) has suddenly realised that his god might be fallible and
(iii) has hit the Google search button.
(iv) has copy-pasted the first thing that he found.

Of special significance in this study is the word rendered “abolish.” It translates the Greek term kataluo, literally meaning “to loosen down.”

But that is not the only meaning, is it?

The word is found seventeen times in the New Testament. It is used, for example, of the destruction of the Jewish temple by the Romans (Matthew 26:61; 27:40; Acts 6:14), and of the dissolving of the human body at death (2 Corinthians 5:1).

Mat 26:61  And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy[1] the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

2Co 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved[2], we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

The term can carry the extended meaning of “to overthrow,” i.e., “to render vain, deprive of success.” In classical Greek, it was used in connection with institutions, laws, etc., to convey the idea of “to invalidate.”

I am not sure if this is true, but, in any case, it still means that Jesus was not going to upset or interfere with the law.

It is especially important to note how the word is used in Matthew 5:17. In this context, “abolish” is set in opposition to “fulfil.” Christ came “...not to abolish, but to fulfill.” Jesus did not come to this earth for the purpose of acting as an opponent of the law. His goal was not to prevent its fulfilment.

Here, anyone with an amount of intelligence, will see how the “liar for Jesus” has changed what Jesus said, “…but to fulfil it” which is quite different from “not to prevent its fulfilment.”

For example, I am not going to prevent the fulfilment of the law, but I, myself am not going to fulfil it either.

… who  Rather, He revered it, loved it, obeyed it, and brought it to fruition. He fulfilled the law’s prophetic utterances regarding Himself (Luke 24:44). Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience under threat of a “curse” (see Galatians 3:10, 13). In this sense, the law’s divine design will ever have an abiding effect. It will always accomplish the purpose for which it was given.

So now we have a Jesus who does fulfil the law… but remember, that was not the point, was it?

The point was “Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

I bet a lot of people, when reading from that pathetic apologist website, would forget that the original question was the question that remains unaddressed…

Yes, Jesus did not come to change the Old Testament: Jesus believed every word of the Old Testament was the absolute truth and so did all around him.

Don’tcha just love idiot apologists?
 1. G2647
????????
kataluo?
kat-al-oo'-o
From G2596 and G3089; to loosen down (disintegrate), that is, (by implication) to demolish (literally or figuratively); specifically (compare G2646) to halt for the night: - destroy, dissolve, be guest, lodge, come to nought, overthrow, throw down.
 2. as above
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
Don’tcha just love idiot apologists?

...Why the redundancy?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.