Author Topic: What's the worst excuse Christians gave when they can't explain what you asked?  (Read 5628 times)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Quote from: skeptic54768
Japan has VERY high rates of rape.

Is that your moral viewpoint? Rape is OK?
Yes 1% per every hundred thousand[1] significantly lower than the USA which is 87% christian  and is 27.3 per every hundred thousand. I'd think again demon.
 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

LOL you're dreaming if you think the US is 87% Christian.

LOL! How many times do i have to say that just because someone says "I'm a Christian!" doesn't mean it's true? Plenty of people use it as a cultural label.

Under this logic, you would to agree that someone sitting in the garage going "Vroom! Vroom!" would have to be a car.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
You have avoided my post twice, Shep. Anyone would think your demon doesn't like it.

But I would do away with all laws. No reason to have them.

"When the person who is lawless comes, it will happen through Satan's effort, with all kinds of fake power, signs and wonders" 2 thes2:9 common English bible.

Do you really want to talk about morals Shep?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1

LOL! How many times do i have to say that just because someone says "I'm a Christian!" doesn't mean it's true? Plenty of people use it as a cultural label.

So what's your evidence that they're not?

Saying "demon possession" is not evidence, nor is "they're not my denomination of christianity".
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2
  • Carbon-based life form.
Not "true" christians in 3......2........
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435

Saying "demon possession" is not evidence, nor is "they're not my denomination of christianity".

Why are young earth creation scientists not considered "true scientists?" Because they disagree with the Old Earthers?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2
Why are young earth creation scientists not considered "true scientists?"

Because they don't do science.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins

biblical slavery was indentured servitude. They got a place to live and free food for their hard work they did. Nothing like the africans in chains in slavery from the 1800's. Thank God Christians put an end to that stuff.

WRONG. You haven't read your bible have you? Exodus 21 and Leviticus 25 tells otherwise. It says you can own other human beings and children as property, that you can beat them within an inch of their life (b/c they are your property) and pass them down to your kids as property (a "permanent inheritance") and it distinguishes between Jew and gentile slaves, saying that you can trick a Jew into being a life-long slave forever by letting him marry.

But notice how no matter what the bible says you will SPIN and rationalize what it says to protect your emotional investment and force it into your assumed theology. That is called dishonesty. So you don't care about being rational or honest. You just want to protect what you already assumed to be true (and "absolute") from the outset. Could you get anymore disingenuous?

http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:02:20 PM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
You have avoided my post three times, Shep. Anyone would think your demon doesn't like it.

LOL! How many times do i have to say that just because someone says "I'm a Christian!" doesn't mean it's true?

You have proved that.

"When the person who is lawless comes, it will happen through Satan's effort, with all kinds of fake power, signs and wonders" 2 thes2:9 common English bible.

Prove you have not got a demon in your head.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins

Under this logic, you would to agree that someone sitting in the garage going "Vroom! Vroom!" would have to be a car.

There is no test for determining who is a "true" Christian and who is not b/c there is no objective standard by which to interpret the bible as to whose interpretation is the right one and whose is wrong.[1] Sure, YOU point the finger (in judgment) at other professing Christians and attempt to judge that they "aren't true Christians" but thousands of other Christians judge YOU as the fraud (and they have their interpretation of the text).

This method is just an aversion tactic. Since we cannot tell who are the "true" Christians we need only judge by what those people say they believe and whether or not they actually participate in that religions traditions. That is really the only definition that matters for practical application. By that we can determine what percentage of Americans are practicing "Christians" (just like we can do in the Muslim world).
 1. see the thousands of Christian sects/denominations who have battled with one another over bible doctrine for centuries
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:07:22 PM by median »

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
You have avoided my post three times, Shep. Anyone would think your demon doesn't like it.

LOL! How many times do i have to say that just because someone says "I'm a Christian!" doesn't mean it's true?

You have proved that.

i am not lawless. I was saying if I were an atheist and put in charge, I woudl do away with all laws because laws are based on Christian principles. If I'm not a Christian, why would we need laws?

We would only live once. Let's do whatever we want. Why take away people's freedoms?

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins

i am not lawless. I was saying if I were an atheist and put in charge, I woudl do away with all laws because laws are based on Christian principles. If I'm not a Christian, why would we need laws?

We would only live once. Let's do whatever we want. Why take away people's freedoms?

WTF? Laws are NOT based on "Christian principles" dude. Laws have been around a lot longer than Christianity AND Judaism. Do your homework. Ancient Egyptian, African, and Sumerian cultures predate your religion by thousands of years and their laws are far older. Once again, you are just ignorant. Even the "Golden Rule" is older than your New Testament. Confucius stated that principle long since.

“What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others;” (Confucius: 551-479 BCE)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:13:09 PM by median »

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12

You have proved that.

The only problem with that excuse is that most atheists disagree with you. I disagree with you. It is your demon speaking. It is your demon's true desire.

This tells everyone who you really are Shep. You already said that if you were put in charge you would do things differently from Yahweh.

What were your morals again? You thought it was not cruel to kill children. That sounds lawless to me. You can lie to yourself about your true nature if you want to, but everyone else can see you for what you are.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
What were your morals again? You thought it was not cruel to kill children. That sounds lawless to me. You can lie to yourself about your true nature if you want to, but everyone else can see you for what you are.

And "what you are" isn't pretty, Skeptic.  You have demonstrated by your words that if you weren't scared of being punished by a god, you would do vicious things to others.

Why should any of us want to become like you?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
Actually, septics ideas of nihilism without a deity are just a smoke screen. He knows just as well as anyone that if he wasn't a Christian he would still behave himself b/c there are 6.5 billion people on the planet for which he will be held accountable to. Thousands of ex-Christians testify to this fact (myself included). We left Christianity and did not just go out and start stealing, raping, and killing b/c those actions would have horrible consequences on our lives - and since we value our lives (if for nothing else b/c we generally enjoy it) we ought not do those things b/c they are likely to bring us immediate harm.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Why are young earth creation scientists not considered "true scientists?" Because they disagree with the Old Earthers?

Science is based on evidence.  Going "this is what the bible says" is not evidence.

Now then, can you provide evidence for your own statements?

Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Nam,
I've removed your posts that seem nothing more than a repetition of a phrase. This phrase does not help the discussion.
GB Mod

After my first post to this is nothing but people calling him names, "Shep" by Foxy Freedom, "sceptic" by median,  "skeptic666" by Aaron123, etc., even Screwtape calls him "hillbilly" but when I call him names, that's going too far. That's why I call you a hypocrite: deleting my posts and no one else's.

I don't care if I get in trouble now because I am right.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
Quote from: Demon54768link=topic=25736.msg581248#msg581248 date=1383672444
Quote from: Demon54768

Yes 1% per every hundred thousand[1] significantly lower than the USA which is 87% christian  and is 27.3 per every hundred thousand. I'd think again demon.

Your reply is all these and more: Argument from fallacy, Continuum fallacy, Strawman fallacy, Mind projection fallacy, Moral high ground fallacy, etc...  And above all totally irrelevant. What you have tried to do. Is to post a red-herring, to mislead or detract from the fact you f**ked up in your argument regarding rape and japan, Mr Demon.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Actually, septics ideas of nihilism without a deity are just a smoke screen. He knows just as well as anyone that if he wasn't a Christian he would still behave himself b/c there are 6.5 billion people on the planet for which he will be held accountable to.

I agree that this is vastly more probable than Skeptic going on a rape, pillage and murder spree if he woke up and found that his faith was gone.

For the purposes of this argument, however, I think it's important to take Skeptic at his word.  He claims that he would start behaving badly if he became an atheist, which suggests that either his moral  sensibilities as a Christian are on shaky ground already or that he has no qualms about lying about the morality of non-believers.  Either way, he's S.O.L.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
You're doing it again.

You replied to the post including quoting it, but in no way did you address the question.

In fact, you tried to change the subject. Again.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Quote from: skeptic54768

skeptic, now you have some stats showing many times more rape committed by people in the US who have been influenced by Christianity than by people in Japan with zero Christian influence. The Japanese most definitely are not Christians. So they should have higher rates of rape--along with all other crimes--than a society where many people are at least aware of Christianity. Don't change the subject to whether or not the US folks are really Christians or not. Many people in the US read the bible, pray, go to church, know the 10 commandments, etc, right? 

If the atheist Japanese had more exposure to Christianity, how do you think their society would improve? My female Japanese students are shocked that they cannot take an evening walk in the religious US the way they would in their atheist cities back home.

Many have had cell phones and other electronics snatched right out of their hands in broad daylight--something like that happening to a foreign visitor in Japan is completely unthinkable to them. 

Nobody in Japan would mistreat an elderly person the way they have frequently observed younger folks doing in the US. Remember, the Japanese treat the elderly well, but not because of anything in the bible.

And how did you get the idea that I "praised Japan for their morals"? I said that no society was a paradise, obviously there are problems in every culture. Japan, for example, has high rates of suicide among students who fail classes, partially due to the emphasis on not bringing shame to your family and community.

I only pointed out that many societies have developed basic rules, laws and ways of treating each other decently without Christianity. But you are arguing that all non-Christian societies have to be hellholes like North Korea. Clearly, not the case, since many societies have survived and thrived without any knowledge of Jesus or the bible, and with little or no Christian influence.[2]

You stated that all laws, rules and morals come from the bible and Christianity. Are you willing to admit that you are incorrect?
 2. However, there are lots of poor, crime-ridden places where many laws and practices are directly based on the Christian bible--most Latin American countries, for instance.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2
You stated that all laws, rules and morals come from the bible and Christianity. Are you willing to admit that you are incorrect?

I can answer that for you......

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
Why are young earth creation scientists not considered "true scientists?"

Because they don't do science.

Beat me to it. If they followed the scientific method instead of assuming god from the outset, they could not be young earth creationists.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2
If they followed the scientific method instead of assuming god from the outset, they could not be young earth creationists.

Yup.  "Gods are the finish line which are drawn at the start."

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
Actually, septics ideas of nihilism without a deity are just a smoke screen. He knows just as well as anyone that if he wasn't a Christian he would still behave himself b/c there are 6.5 billion people on the planet for which he will be held accountable to.

I agree that this is vastly more probable than Skeptic going on a rape, pillage and murder spree if he woke up and found that his faith was gone.

For the purposes of this argument, however, I think it's important to take Skeptic at his word.  He claims that he would start behaving badly if he became an atheist, which suggests that either his moral  sensibilities as a Christian are on shaky ground already or that he has no qualms about lying about the morality of non-believers.  Either way, he's S.O.L.

I know from personal experience that the latter is true. Christians SAY that if they stopped believing in God (and gave up Christianity) they would start behaving badly, but it's a lie. I used to say exactly the same thing when I was an apologist debating online with "you atheists" - and I had lots of apologist friends who said the same thing. But many of them (myself included) are no longer Christians and we have not 'gone-off-the-rails' at all.

This all too common comment from Christians stems from their absurd and irrational belief that "Without God life has no meaning". That mindset says, "If Jesus didn't rise, then it's all pointless and I can just steal, kill, and rape with no consequence!" But this is just an emotional backlash from pondering what they think non-belief would be like (and it's based in fear of the unknown). On the contrary though, things do not play out this way in the real world. Overwhelmingly, when Christians lose their faith (in trade for sound reason) they often become more beneficial to society, AND they become happier and more productive (choosing instead to deal with the here and now of well being instead of some pie in the sky).

In short, this Christian plea is a complete LIE.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:04:38 PM by median »

Online Star Stuff

• Darwins +146/-2
Indeed.

If someone were to prove to me, right this minute, that god, in all his luminousness, exists, it wouldn't change a single aspect of my behavior.  (Luis Bunuel)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
So true.

Who kills a bunch of people because they realized there was no god? Atheism generally means you follow the laws and customs of your society for clear and rational reasons. You don't need the fear of some supernatural ghost to keep you in line.

Serial killers and other violent maniacs are far more likely say that god told them killing was okay, or that the devil made them kill. Or that they were trying to send their children to heaven before they sinned. :( :'( :P

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
I know from personal experience that the latter is true. Christians SAY that if they stopped believing in God (and gave up Christianity) they would start behaving badly, but it's a lie. I used to say exactly the same thing when I was an apologist debating online with "you atheists" - and I had lots of apologist friends who said the same thing. But many of them (myself included) are no longer Christians and we have not 'gone-off-the-rails' at all.

This all too common comment from Christians stems from their absurd and irrational belief that "Without God life has no meaning". That mindset says, "If Jesus didn't rise, then it's all pointless and I can just steal, kill, and rape with no consequence!" But this is just an emotional backlash from pondering what they think non-belief would be like (and it's based in fear of the unknown). On the contrary though, things do not play out this way in the real world. Overwhelmingly, when Christians lose their faith (in trade for sound reason) they often become more beneficial to society, AND they become happier and more productive (choosing instead to deal with the here and now of well being instead of some pie in the sky).

In short, this Christian plea is a complete LIE.

I never said I would "behave badly."
I said I would do away with laws. There is a difference.

"Behaving badly" is subjective anyway.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
*facedesk*

Then what the hell is wrong with atheists morals then?

If you were an atheist you state you would not be bad, so what is the deal?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.