Author Topic: What's the worst excuse Christians gave when they can't explain what you asked?  (Read 6066 times)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Skeptic,

Hindus are human, the cow is sacred to them, so isn't everyone evil in the eyes of Hindus, of those that eat cow?

-Nam

No. God gave us the animals for food. Demons have convinced some people that eating meat is a bad thing:

1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Tim 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Tim 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats*, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

You're an idiot, or better yet, it's probably more insulting to you if I say: you're a demon.

I'm going with that from now on...no, you're an idiot demon. See, you're not even a smart demon. Sad for you.

-Nam

Nam, I know it must sting when you think you have a "gotcha!" only to have a Bible verse prove you wrong.

God is omniscient. It's not your fault.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
biblical slavery was indentured servitude. They got a place to live and free food for their hard work they did. Nothing like the africans in chains in slavery from the 1800's. Thank God Christians put an end to that stuff.

Yeah, that's why there were rules about how brutally you could beat them on a whim.

And it was still race-based in some respects:  Hebrew vs Gentile.  I believe this started as a discussion of racism.  Is it your intention to change the topic?  Yes or no?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:14:40 AM by Azdgari »
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
If the Bible was written by people influenced by demons...how is the Bible trustworthy?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he meant the people justifying race-based slavery, not the original slavery-supporting authors.

biblical slavery was indentured servitude. They got a place to live and free food for their hard work they did. Nothing like the africans in chains in slavery from the 1800's. Thank God Christians put an end to that stuff.

You're an idiot demon. Christians were the ones who started that "stuff".

-Nam

Martin Luther King Jr was a Christian who wanted an end to segregation by reverting back to the Biblical principle that we are all equal.

No one gave a crap about what the bible said, which is why blacks were viewed as inferior.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
Martin Luther King Jr was a Christian who wanted an end to segregation by reverting back to the Biblical principle that we are all equal.

The whole story of the Hebrews begins with one race being chosen to be superior to all others.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443

The whole story of the Hebrews begins with one race being chosen to be superior to all others.

Not superior at all. The same way if you have a kid, you don't view your kid as superior to everyone else's kid. Everyone is equal.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
I honestly do not think there is any reason to argue with someone who can simply say "god" for everything....
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32

Not superior at all. The same way if you have a kid, you don't view your kid as superior to everyone else's kid. Everyone is equal.

In priority you do.  Otherwise you'd best give the kid up for adoption by parents who genuinely want to take care of it.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
The only part of this post that asked for a response was the yes/no part.  Does that take too long to type?

Yeah, that's why there were rules about how brutally you could beat them on a whim.

And it was still race-based in some respects:  Hebrew vs Gentile.  I believe this started as a discussion of racism.  Is it your intention to change the topic?  Yes or no?

The morality argument is being left in the dust.  I take that to mean you concede you were wrong in thinking a god somehow makes morality objective.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
I honestly do not think there is any reason to argue with someone who can simply say "god" for everything....

No no no demons created the icky stuff.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
So it is your position that it is OK to kill something as long as they are not worshiping you?

That isn't my position at all. Here's a recap:

1. You said that from an atheistic worldview species don't have intrinsic value.
2. I commented that you're confusing atheism (the rejection of belief in a god or gods) with nihilism (the worldview that life holds no intrinsic value and/or purpose).
3. You asked me if life had intrinsic value to me.
4. I said yes.
5. You asked me where intrinsic value comes from.
6. I told you the values I place upon things is subjective to my experiences.

I originally commented to explain why atheism should not be conflated with nihilism. While there can be atheists which advocate nihilism, there can also be atheists which subscribe to utilitarianism, objectivism, etc.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:34:07 AM by Zankuu »
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
Demons have convinced some people that eating meat is a bad thing:

1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Tim 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Tim 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Yes, Demons convince people of lies don't they Shep? How often on this site have you made up statements about subjects you know nothing about? How often have you falsely stated evil intentions of others? This is what demons do Shep.
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24

This is all i have been doing every time Skeptic posts...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +84/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
God created us as his special creation with free will. For this reason, we must treat each other with respect.

It's statements like these that sometimes make me thankful that some people believe in God, because without it, it seems they'd treat others like arseholes. The Big Brother effect hard at work here.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +543/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Nam,
I've removed your posts that seem nothing more than a repetition of a phrase. This phrase does not help the discussion.
GB Mod
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
God made us with free will.

So that is why he has his plan that sets up everything.

Wait...this contradicts itself...

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +84/-1
That's a new discussion altogether but...

...what is our will meant to be free from, because I don't ever remember choosing to exist, which brings us on to whether this God thing has free will?

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
I thought it implied that people are free to think.
Eg: free to be gay, theist, atheist, whatever.

Ironic that theists are always looking to convert...

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Nam,
I've removed your posts that seem nothing more than a repetition of a phrase. This phrase does not help the discussion.
GB Mod

Skeptic's posts are all mainly repetitions of the same thing funny how those posts stay and mine go. Of course mine are name came-calling and his is dodging, change of subject, and plain old nonsense.

Please...I'm doing the same thing he is, just being more upfront about it.

Oh, I'm questioning your post, I guess I'm going to get in trouble now. Hypocrite.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
God created us as his special creation with free will. For this reason, we must treat each other with respect.

It's statements like these that sometimes make me thankful that some people believe in God, because without it, it seems they'd treat others like arseholes. The Big Brother effect hard at work here.
Read some more of the posts that Skeptic has made, then you may wish to retract the above statement.
Oh and Welcome to the Forum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:08:03 AM by bertatberts »
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
That's a new discussion altogether but...

...what is our will meant to be free from, because I don't ever remember choosing to exist, which brings us on to whether this God thing has free will?
An omnimax I.E. omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent, god. Cant.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
There is a guy on the forums here that says everything he disagrees with is demon spawn(demon created),it's getting annoying as F@CK
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +84/-1
Read some more of the posts that Skeptic has made, then you may wish to retract the above statement.
Oh and Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, I was being slightly facetious. I don't actually think such people would behave in such a manner if they didn't believe, only that to keep themselves in their theistic loop, they kid themselves into thinking that without it, they'd be arseholes. I actually like to think these people are better and more moral than the belief system they stringently adhere to.

As for skeptics posts - p'ah! A pussycat compared to other theistic cognitive dissonance and slavver I've come across.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
....You have no basis to judge Kim Jong. He just has a different opinion of what's good than you do. Jong would probably say that you are evil for all we know.

(Springy G reaches for the Clue-By-Four™...)

*THWACK*

Let's get one thing straight once and for all, "Skeptic."  Atheism refers only to beliefs about gods.  It can make only one statement on the subject of morality, and this it does indirectly:  If one does not believe in gods, it stands to reason that one does not believe that morality comes from gods.

We come to our morality from many directions -- Early childhood teachings from our parents, personal experience, perhaps even a few years in Sunday School -- but at least we're consistent in our interpretation of what is and is not moral.  We're horrified by the excesses and abuses of Kim, and we're horrified by the excesses and abuses of your god.

And this is where we part ways morally.

On the one hand you criticize Kim for keeping the people of his nation on a very short choke-chain, starving and occasionally murdering them, while he threatens his neighbours with war and nuclear devastation.

On the other hand, you seem to have no compassion at all for Biblegod's millions of victims.  There is nothing good about drowning virtually everything on a planet, nor in sacrificing your own son to pay for a debt that you could unilaterally cancel at any time by simply forgiving, nor in ordering your Chosen People™ to annihilate entire tribes.

You are a hypocrite.  Perhaps that pesky demon has been tinkering with your moral compass, and it's no use sending the compass in for service till we do something about the demon.

(Springy G rummages through Her kitchen and comes up with a frozen porkchop and a bottle of sriracha sauce)  Yah-way am-scray!

(A cold wind rushes through the kitchen, accompanied by a voice going backwards at high speed, then the flapping of a reel-to-reel tape as it finishes rewinding)

(Springy G draws a Futhark bind-rune on porkchop with the hot sauce, wraps it in the Faith section of Saturday's paper, puts it into a kitchen catcher and ties it up, and runs it out to the garbage bin) That oughta hold 'im for a while.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:24:27 AM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
But I would do away with all laws. No reason to have them.

"When the person who is lawless comes, it will happen through Satan's effort, with all kinds of fake power, signs and wonders" 2 thes2:9 common English bible.

The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
No, you're wrong, we can say much more than that, since most atheists are also Secular Humanists we have the ability to criticize his behavior as being completely amoral and, pardon the phrase, evil.

But once again, you are assuming Secular Humanism is objectively a good thing. This has not been established.

What if someone thinks secular humanism is stupid?
You're assuming that there is an objective morality, which I don't believe exists.
If someone thinks it's stupid that's their prerogative, but it's been shown to work countless times, while the morality of the biblegod is rather corrupt.

Secular Humanism is borrowed from Christianity.
It uses Christian principles.

There is no way atheists could possibly have morality without invoking God.

How is it that Japanese and other non-Christian cultures have managed to survive and thrive? They have almost no Christian influence in their culture and still manage to treat one another decently.  They have health care for all, low crime rates, respect for the elderly and safe streets where women can walk around at night unmolested. Is it because the demons fooled them?

Likewise, every society in the world had rules, morals, etc. long before the arrival of Christianity. Europeans were gobsmacked to learn of the sophisticated standards of behavior in Hinduism and Confucianism, for example, both developed centuries before Jesus. Nothing there was borrowed from Christianity.

The native peoples of the Americas had rules, laws, clean cities and social welfare programs to care for everyone when plague-infested Christian Europe was torturing confessions out of the accused and putting people in prison for the crime of being poor.

No society is ever a paradise--every one has had some sort of slavery, for example-- but to say every place without Christianity has to turn into a hellhole a la North Korea is just plain incorrect.  &)

BTW, There are no commandments of any kind against enslavement in the bible, only of enslaving god's chosen people. Christians fought on both sides of the Civil War. If the south had won, everyone would say that god clearly approved of the slave states.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
I do have to give skeptic666 credit here.  This topic is about terrible excuses that christians give.  Skeptic666 is going above and beyond the call of duty in providing examples of such excuses.  For once, he deserves a little credit (but just this once).
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
No, you're wrong, we can say much more than that, since most atheists are also Secular Humanists we have the ability to criticize his behavior as being completely amoral and, pardon the phrase, evil.

But once again, you are assuming Secular Humanism is objectively a good thing. This has not been established.

What if someone thinks secular humanism is stupid?
You're assuming that there is an objective morality, which I don't believe exists.
If someone thinks it's stupid that's their prerogative, but it's been shown to work countless times, while the morality of the biblegod is rather corrupt.

Secular Humanism is borrowed from Christianity.
It uses Christian principles.

There is no way atheists could possibly have morality without invoking God.

How is it that Japanese and other non-Christian cultures have managed to survive and thrive? They have almost no Christian influence in their culture and still manage to treat one another decently.  They have health care for all, low crime rates, respect for the elderly and safe streets where women can walk around at night unmolested. Is it because the demons fooled them?

Likewise, every society in the world had rules, morals, etc. long before the arrival of Christianity. Europeans were gobsmacked to learn of the sophisticated standards of behavior in Hinduism and Confucianism, for example, both developed centuries before Jesus. Nothing there was borrowed from Christianity.

The native peoples of the Americas had rules, laws, clean cities and social welfare programs to care for everyone when plague-infested Christian Europe was torturing confessions out of the accused and putting people in prison for the crime of being poor.

No society is ever a paradise--every one has had some sort of slavery, for example-- but to say every place without Christianity has to turn into a hellhole a la North Korea is just plain incorrect.  &)

BTW, There are no commandments of any kind against enslavement in the bible, only of enslaving god's chosen people. Christians fought on both sides of the Civil War. If the south had won, everyone would say that god clearly approved of the slave states.

Japan has VERY high rates of rape.

Is that your moral viewpoint? Rape is OK?

i will have to assume that you feel rape is moral because you praised Japan for their morals and they have very high rates of rape.

It's only logical.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:18:17 PM by skeptic54768 »

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
Quote from: skeptic54768
Japan has VERY high rates of rape.

Is that your moral viewpoint? Rape is OK?
Yes 1% per every hundred thousand[1] significantly lower than the USA which is 87% christian  and is 27.3 per every hundred thousand. I'd think again demon.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
But I would do away with all laws. No reason to have them.

"When the person who is lawless comes, it will happen through Satan's effort, with all kinds of fake power, signs and wonders" 2 thes2:9 common English bible.

Do you really want to talk about morals Shep?