Author Topic: Trick or Treaters?  (Read 185 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Trick or Treaters?
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:57:14 PM »
It is not unusual to not have any trick or treaters come to the door.  But tonight I had 2 cats come to the front door that I have not seen before.  They just sat there so I felt I should give them something.  I had some chicken left over from a few days ago so they got their treat.  Better not leave me a trick. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline RubyLeo

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Trick or Treaters?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
It is not unusual to not have any trick or treaters come to the door.  But tonight I had 2 cats come to the front door that I have not seen before.  They just sat there so I felt I should give them something.  I had some chicken left over from a few days ago so they got their treat.  Better not leave me a trick. ;)

Awww that's sweet! Careful, they might try to adopt you.  ;)

Our neighborhood is NUTS for trick-or-treating, it is tons of fun.  My dog & cats hide because of all the commotion. But it is such fun seeing all the enthusiasm and creativity the kids put into their costumes.

When I went to the baptist school, they made it clear that Halloween was from.....SATAN! RAWWWWR!!!!  :laugh:

"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. "
~ Thomas Paine

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:19:47 AM »

No worries, Nick. If a half-eaten gopher shows up on your doorstep after giving out chicken: treat. Pooping on your property and not burying it: they were expecting salmon.

Hope you're not allergic, because whether they're strays or not, you're on their Short List now.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »

Luckily for me I now live in the middle of nowhere--but if a cow stops by, I'll give her a block of salt.

:D

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »
I have less every year.  It was drizzly-rainy last night so I didn't expect many.  Plus my son's school/church at the end of the block has Trunk-or-Treat where the members are in the parking lot in costumes with the trunks of their cars full of candy so a lot of the kids don't bother to come up the block.  My son said they had a pretty good turn-out.  They are a Baptist church but they have no issue with Halloween being nothing but a day to dress up & beg for candy.  They do have some ridiculous restrictions on the costumes though.  My son has a hilarious story about one year a kid came to class in a toga.  The teacher said that was too revealing & told him he had to change.  He came back dressed as Hitler.  But he had a heart stuck over the Swastika so he got away with it.  Headsmack!
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 11:21:01 AM »
I was the only one home last night and turned off the porch lights - still got a few knuckleheads ringing the doorbell... but no cats
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan