Author Topic: All Hollows Eve Intro  (Read 948 times)

Offline MM747

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
All Hollows Eve Intro
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
Hello,

Well, it looks as though I'm ready for the world...

I've loaded up my first 3 posts.

I've familiarized myself with and even tested the quoting process.

And now last but not least, here is my introduction.

I'm MM. I am an Atheist. Why am I here? Very simple. The more time I spend reading, exploring, and occasionally debating the existence of god, the more interest and motivation I have to explore it further. 

It's an incredibly fascinating experience. Frustrating at times, yes, but fascinating none the less.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: All Hollows Eve Intro
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
Why hello friend. Welcome to the wonderful world of this forum. We have some live ones on here right now.

Good to see a fellow aviation enthusiast. I work for an airline company myself.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »
So is this a trick or a treat?  ;)

Welcome!!!
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »
Welcome onboard.
It certainly sounds like this is right place for you(reading, exploring, and occasionally debating the existence of god)
Enjoy  :D
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum and kudos for actually reading the rules.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
Greetings MM.  My 11-year-old son would love your handle because he's an airplane enthusiast (read: RC nut).  Welcome and I hope you learn as much here as I have.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline RubyLeo

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »
Welcome aboard! I'm brand new here myself. It's already my favorite place on the web.  Dive on in, the water's fine.  :)
"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. "
~ Thomas Paine

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:57:52 AM »
Welcome aboard, MM.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Please remember the closest emergency exit could be behind you   :o
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
Stay away from Nam. He's an asshole.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline MM747

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29:08 PM »
Why hello friend. Welcome to the wonderful world of this forum. We have some live ones on here right now.

Good to see a fellow aviation enthusiast. I work for an airline company myself.

Hi Iamrational. Thanks for that. You're a good person to know then...discounted flights a plenty! lol.

So is this a trick or a treat?  ;)

Welcome!!!

Hi Nick, Thanks for that. It probably a trick but I'll know more in a few weeks when the peer reviews come crashing in.

Welcome onboard.
It certainly sounds like this is right place for you(reading, exploring, and occasionally debating the existence of god)
Enjoy  :D

Thanks Jonny, much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum and kudos for actually reading the rules.

Cheers One. I would much rather hear someone point out the weakness of my arguments than the weakness of my quoting  :)

Greetings MM.  My 11-year-old son would love your handle because he's an airplane enthusiast (read: RC nut).  Welcome and I hope you learn as much here as I have.

Hi Boots, thanks for that. I think it started the same way for me. The real fun is when you start jumping out of them  :D hopefully your son will wait a while before he does that though!

Welcome aboard! I'm brand new here myself. It's already my favorite place on the web.  Dive on in, the water's fine.  :)

Hey Ruby, thanks for that. Yeah I was reading your intro just before I posted mine. Thanks for the support.

Welcome aboard, MM.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Please remember the closest emergency exit could be behind you   :o

Hey Neopagan, thanks for that. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone but that's how I snuck in!!!

Stay away from Nam. He's an asshole.

-Nam

Hi Nam, I'll do my best. Factoid: Nam is an anagram of man.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »

I'm MM.

A lot of people refer to me as MM on here. Could get confusing. But I'm happy to offer the solution of people referring to me in future as 'Sir'.

Welcome aboard. I recently downloaded the FlightRadar app, I find it interesting seeing the routes taken by jets around the world.

Would you believe the only time I've been in a 747 was a short 90 minute flight between Brisbane and Sydney here in Australia. The longest flight I've been on was 8 hours and that was an A330-300. Next time I travel overseas I want to get on the new Dreamliner or maybe the A380.

I've also done 4 solo jumps, however I had a rather scary experience on the last one where I lost my vision for the entire descent. Never tried it again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:44:06 PM by magicmiles »
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline RubyLeo

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »
Hey MM - I'm so impressed you've got the quote thing down - you did your homework! I'm still a neanderthal with that.  :laugh:
"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. "
~ Thomas Paine

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

I've also done 4 solo jumps, however I had a rather scary experience on the last one where I lost my vision for the entire descent. Never tried it again.

MM1, try wearing the helmet the other way around next time.  ;)
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »
Indeed. The other common response to my terrifying ordeal was "were you just in a thick cloud??"

It remain a mystery what happened. My vision just totally went about 5 seconds after the chute opened (which was pretty much instaneous after leaving the plane) and I saw nothing again until I hit the ground. Which I had no way of knowing was coming.
Go on up you baldhead.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »

I'm MM.

A lot of people refer to me as MM on here. Could get confusing. But I'm happy to offer the solution of people referring to me in future as 'Sir'.

Welcome aboard. I recently downloaded the FlightRadar app, I find it interesting seeing the routes taken by jets around the world.

Would you believe the only time I've been in a 747 was a short 90 minute flight between Brisbane and Sydney here in Australia. The longest flight I've been on was 8 hours and that was an A330-300. Next time I travel overseas I want to get on the new Dreamliner or maybe the A380.

Last time I was in one it was 1980.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline MM747

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »

Hi Magic, see that...it just rolls of the tongue. Or you could even go by Magic M. Or M Miles. Since you have more TIF (Time in Forum) than me though I'm happy to take a slight change to my own name. Even something like 'The MM.'

I haven't checked out the flight radar app yet but I hear its all the rage in Islamabad.  :P

Four solo jumps! Very nice. Most people do their first tandem and then that's it for them. As for losing your vision, that's not supposed to happen. How/when did you pull your chute?

Marcus Aurelius

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum, MM.

No worries keeping your handle distinct from magicmiles; he's usually "magic" to me.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »

Hi Magic, see that...it just rolls of the tongue. Or you could even go by Magic M. Or M Miles. Since you have more TIF (Time in Forum) than me though I'm happy to take a slight change to my own name. Even something like 'The MM.'

I haven't checked out the flight radar app yet but I hear its all the rage in Islamabad.  :P

Four solo jumps! Very nice. Most people do their first tandem and then that's it for them. As for losing your vision, that's not supposed to happen. How/when did you pull your chute?

Yeah, magic is fine. NeoPagan has taken to addressing me as MM1, but he's a bit special.

They were called static line jumps, so the chute was deployed automatically. However, part of the trainig was for me to go through all the motions I needed to do when it came time to me pulling the cord (which I never got to).

Maybe it was acute tension? Dunno. It was my 4th jump though, so i was less stressed than the other three.
Go on up you baldhead.